Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2016 Training Camp Thread
(08-01-2016, 08:51 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Hell, look at the throw.

Just who was he throwing to?

Remember the Tampa Bay preseason game last year? Yeah...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 09:04 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's had three practices. Plus Tom House.

Plenty of time.

All right.  You've got the August worrying covered so I won't have to.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 09:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Remember the Tampa Bay preseason game last year? Yeah...

Point taken.
Reply/Quote
A lot of times when a ball is thrown and no one is around it is because the WR and the QB didn't see the same thing. You see based on coverages and such the route can change, these are called option routes. With a new cast of WR my guess is Dalton isn't in sync with his WR and vice versa. No matter how much they work separate it will only come as they work together and see things the same way.

I never worry about this stuff early in the season. If it's happening the last week of pre season I'll worry. Film session tonight they will ask Andy what he saw, then the WRs, then Andy and the O coordinator will tell the WR what they want to have happen when they see certain things.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 08:51 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Hell, look at the throw.

Just who was he throwing to?
He was throwing the ball to Boyd but he fell down....
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 10:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: A lot of times when a ball is thrown and no one is around it is because the WR and the QB didn't see the same thing. You see based on coverages and such the route can change, these are called option routes. With a new cast of WR my guess is Dalton isn't in sync with his WR and vice versa. No matter how much they work separate it will only come as they work together and see things the same way.

I never worry about this stuff early in the season. If it's happening the last week of pre season I'll worry. Film session tonight they will ask Andy what he saw, then the WRs, then Andy and the O coordinator will tell the WR what they want to have happen when they see certain things.

Again, point take.

I can be a bit of a pessimist: assume the worst.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 09:04 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's had three practices. Plus Tom House.

Plenty of time.

Save the drama for yo mama!

No need to panic like others have said it's August 2nd. If you can't make mistakes in practice when can you? It's about learning as a team not having perfect statistics. With a lot of new weapons still learning the system and/or how to be a pro in the league that's to be expected.
Reply/Quote
I didn't want to start another injury thread, but looks like Kumerow tweaked a hammy and will be out a few weeks as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 08:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Judging by his load, I'd say that he's at least caught the attention of 4 of his teammates.

Considering how strong he is, those pads probably feel like a feather to him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 09:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Remember the Tampa Bay preseason game last year? Yeah...

I'm not sure what your "Yeah..." is supposed to mean because I recall wondering if coming out flat in prime-time in a preseason game meant we'd come out flat during regular season prime-time games and we did.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure what your "Yeah..." is supposed to mean because I recall wondering if coming out flat in prime-time in a preseason game meant we'd come out flat during regular season prime-time games and we did.

We only had 1 bad prime time game. We dominated the Browns and played well against the Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 10:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We only had 1 bad prime time game. We dominated the Browns and played well against the Cardinals.

Beating the Manziel-led Browns means nothing, as it's clear that isn't even an NFL-caliber team.  We had a typical second half collapse against the Cardinals but it did go down to the wire, the Texans embarrassed us with a 3rd string QB, and I guess we weren't supposed to beat the Broncos, or something.

Hell, toss that Steelers debacle in as a prime-time game and we won 1 out of 5...somehow I think this team should do better than that.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 11:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Beating the Manziel-led Browns means nothing, as it's clear that isn't even an NFL-caliber team.  We had a typical second half collapse against the Cardinals but it did go down to the wire, the Texans embarrassed us with a 3rd string QB, and I guess we weren't supposed to beat the Broncos, or something.

Hell, toss that Steelers debacle in as a prime-time game and we won 1 out of 5...somehow I think this team should do better than that.

The Texans didn't embarrass us. We were winning most of the game. Our receivers just couldn't hold onto the ball, everyone else played fairly well. Against the Broncos we had our backup QB in, and the same goes with the Steelers. If we had Dalton we most likely would have won both of those games.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Dude, thank you BengalHolic. This is why you were one of my fave posters on the old boards...

Kate Upton and this i mean...

Cool

Pretty great when the greatest is in power!!! Shocked

Eifert news is very great as well!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
So, I'm kinda worried we haven't seen any Hobson fluff pieces on Lafell. I thought for sure we'd hear how a veteran was really bringing the Wr corp to a new level, how he was reviving a promising career.

But the fear is being subsided because it seems Boyd is catching a bunch of balls.
Reply/Quote
Derron Smith injured.

Chris-Lewis Harris didn't practice.
Reply/Quote
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Training-Camp-Highlights-Pt1/d5d2ef2d-968f-48fd-ba65-767ca8aeab30

Saw Boyd plenty in this video. Although the deep route in 1-1's DreK easily outruns him
Reply/Quote
I'll wait until full pads are on. May be very different.

Reply/Quote