• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2016 Training Camp Thread
Reply/Quote
Tez

It's training camp..

On family day.

Come on now.
Reply/Quote
Boyd is making play after play after play.

It's not going to surprise me if he ends up being opposite of Green by year's end.

I'd prefer that honestly because I think LaFell is better suited in the slot.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 11:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Beating the Manziel-led Browns means nothing, as it's clear that isn't even an NFL-caliber team.  We had a typical second half collapse against the Cardinals but it did go down to the wire, the Texans embarrassed us with a 3rd string QB, and I guess we weren't supposed to beat the Broncos, or something.

Hell, toss that Steelers debacle in as a prime-time game and we won 1 out of 5...somehow I think this team should do better than that.

You're right! A well coached team of good players should do better than that. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 09:59 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Boyd is making play after play after play.

It's not going to surprise me if he ends up being opposite of Green by year's end.

I'd prefer that honestly because I think LaFell is better suited in the slot.

Boyd needs to learn how to separate if he will play W2. Slot should be fine for him this year. Lafell is more than capable of producing. Maybe not as well as Jones though.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the videos Holic.

Ready for next Friday at the Jungle already.

Usually could care less about early preseason other than to watch draft picks.

But several things and positions to watch this week. Plus Zimmer being in the house.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 12:12 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Boyd needs to learn how to separate if he will play W2. Slot should be fine for him this year. Lafell is more than capable of producing. Maybe not as well as Jones though.

It'll come down to route running is all. Plus he's been getting separation.

The biggest thing is, I saw that LaFell had zero receptions during the mock game. And Paul Dehner said that's very surprising to see.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 03:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

If only there was the technology available to be able to build some kind of like... dome-like structure... over an NFL practice field so that they could use it if the weather did not allow them to practice outside.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 04:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Interesting signing. Played the boundary in college, but also returned 4 kicks for TD in college.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Saw that Chykie Brown has a chance to make the roster... Isn't that the DB we abused the last few years? I really don't want to see this guy on the Bengals. Just my 2 cents.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 05:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Saw that Chykie Brown has a chance to make the roster... Isn't that the DB we abused the last few years? I really don't want to see this guy on the Bengals. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, I've been reading that he is giving up long passes, making the young receivers look like All-Pros.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 05:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Saw that Chykie Brown has a chance to make the roster... Isn't that the DB we abused the last few years? I really don't want to see this guy on the Bengals. Just my 2 cents.

No idea how he makes the roster unless they carry 6 CB, or if Dennard's ankle is worse than they originally reported?

Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw, Lewis-Harris... with Will Jack on the IR.

Brown is a 29-year-old who didn't play a game in the NFL last year and sucked any time he has played. Not sure how he knocks Shaw or Lewis-Harris off the roster.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 06:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No idea how he makes the roster unless they carry 6 CB, or if Dennard's ankle is worse than they originally reported?

Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw, Lewis-Harris... with Will Jack on the IR.

Brown is a 29-year-old who didn't play a game in the NFL last year and sucked any time he has played. Not sure how he knocks Shaw or Lewis-Harris off the roster.

From Hobson

"And Brown showed why he’s hung around for 54 NFL games when he tracked the tip and hauled in the interception. With three corners out Monday (William Jackson[Image: icon-article-link.gif] for a few months, Darqueze Dennard[Image: icon-article-link.gif] for a few weeks, Kirkpatrick for maybe a day), Brown got a lot of play and his experience and professionalism have been noticed. With Jackson out, Brown looks to have a leg up on the rookies for the last cornerback spot."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 06:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: From Hobson

"And Brown showed why he’s hung around for 54 NFL games when he tracked the tip and hauled in the interception. With three corners out Monday (William Jackson[Image: icon-article-link.gif] for a few months, Darqueze Dennard[Image: icon-article-link.gif] for a few weeks, Kirkpatrick for maybe a day), Brown got a lot of play and his experience and professionalism have been noticed. With Jackson out, Brown looks to have a leg up on the rookies for the last cornerback spot."

Of course Brown has a leg up over the rookies but not Shaw or CLH like TLL said.

That was a nice interception caused by Vigil and Chykie looked fast on the play but still, hard to see the guy doing anything
for us in the regular season after seeing our Receivers and others just torching the guy for years. His NFL career is not too
pretty to say the least.

Who knows, Coyle might be able to get something out of him.

BTW, the McRae signing is a good depth move and nice hearing that he was a good returner in college. Thanks BD.
Reply/Quote
McRae looks fierce. Small body but takes good angels. PS squad but wouldn't be surprised to see him called up during the reg season.

Reply/Quote
Anyone concerned something is wrong with Whit?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:43 AM)jeremydc Wrote: McRae looks fierce. Small body but takes good angels. PS squad but wouldn't be surprised to see him called up during the reg season.

Yup looks the squadder type with potential to be some spot depth.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote