Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
Then Came Bronson. Better. Still gave up three in five but got the win.

Duvall proving last year was no fluke. Votto another homer. If he starts hitting in April instead of June, who knows what might happen. Cody Reed lights out again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm happy for Arroyo. I'm hoping he can finish the season with a winning record. 
I too remember that 70s series with Brooks Robinson robbing whoever it was with the iconic diving catch..
Good to see the Reds bash their brains in.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gotta be honest, when I saw Arroyo was pitching I immediately thought it was another L. Wasn't expecting a 7-1 lead or something like that when i first looked at the score! Geez! I'm loving it!
Reply/Quote
Arroyo is no longer the 200 to 220 inning eater that he was from 2005 to 2013, but when he can hit his spots, he's still a serviceable #5 pitcher. Maybe by mid season, when he's back in shape and going full on, he'll be able to make it past the 5th inning, like he did before he left. I'm hopeful, as he is one of my all time favorite Reds.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 11:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Arroyo is no longer the 200 to 220 inning eater that he was from 2005 to 2013, but when he can hit his spots, he's still a serviceable #5 pitcher. Maybe by mid season, when he's back in shape and going full on, he'll be able to make it past the 5th inning, like he did before he left. I'm hopeful, as he is one of my all time favorite Reds.

Here's to hoping so! We really need our starting five to start pitching through the sixth. Can't rely on the bullpen heavily all year!
Reply/Quote
Garrett has 6 Ks in 3 innings so far.

This kid has swing and miss stuff!
Reply/Quote
Left the game with 12 Ks in 6 innings.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 10:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Left the game with 12 Ks in 6 innings.

Shocked

Yeah I saw that. I was blown away by the K's. The opposing pitcher from yesterday was a guy who had like a 10.53 ERA and I read an article that he always destroys the reds.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
I hope Reds win the series tonight and go to 4-1 in series play to start season. Looking at schedule, when they made this thing, and Reds only play Baltimore once, I'm not sure how they can assume no rain months ago. You would think this would be a Thursday afternoon game in case of rain delays. Hopefully no rain and game gets played tonight because it would be a real pain in the wazzo to make this game up later. Schedule makers like to take chances it seems. I could see it if it was somebody we play again. Hopefully no rain tonight and Reds win the series.

Well, I see rubber game went into extra inning and Orioles won 2 to 1. Yesterday Orioles won 2-0. So Orioles pitching shut Reds down except for game one. Hey, every time we play AL East teams we get a taste of how hard it would be to if Reds were in AL East every year. Baltimore, Tampa, Toronto, Boston and New York Yankees is some big city, big money, big time east coast baseball. It shows Baltimore has pitching and clutch hitting and could probably win in some division, but the AL East will be a dog fight. Reds batting averages took a dive, but the on base percentage is good. Reds pitching was solid and just not enough hitting in this series, which is different from last few years hitting and no pitching. So Reds in series play now at 3-2 this season. World Champ Cubs come into Cincy. Life is challenges and opportunities. If Reds can win this Cubs series and go to 4-2 in series play it would be a giant lift for this team. One thing, Cubs don't have Chapman this year in 9th inning, Zobrist isn't hitting and other Cubs bats not on 2016 pace yet. Votto bat waking up. Reds do get into their injured pitcher section here and Arroyo who hopefully has that junk bowling ball curve breaking for strikes as last game. GO REDS and beat Cubs this weekend and get back to winning. Next win is win # 10 on season. Cubs pitching is hard for bats to wake up against, but Reds may know these pitchers more than Baltimore pitchers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds have scored 1 run in the last 24 innings played and have gotten 4 hits in the last 19 innings played.

Time for the offense to come out of its slumber. This pitching staff has been way to good to be losing some of these games.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 08:01 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Reds have scored 1 run in the last 24 innings played and have gotten 4 hits in the last 19 innings played.

Time for the offense to come out of its slumber. This pitching staff has been way to good to be losing some of these games.

I agree with this.. Maybe we're even-ing out.  Sad
Reply/Quote
And another pitcher to the DL. Cingrani with an oblique strain. The Reds need to get their pitchers in some yoga classes or something. Way too many soft tissue injuries.
Reply/Quote
That was a tough loss. Ahead 5 to 2 and then a 3 run homer by Rizzo in the 9th and Cubs score in the 11th. Reds lost yesterday in the 10th. Back to back tough losses. Cubs have been winning games in late innings last few games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Scratch Reed off the list of starters. 7 earned runs in 2 innings.. That should have been Romano starting, but the brain trust that is Price had to see if he could utterly and completely destroy the last vestige of Reeds confidence as a starter then put Scooter in right field where he showed he absolutely doesn't belong.  
Along comes Bonilla who gets 3 innings giving up no runs, but Price strikes again and leaves him in for a 4th and suddenly it's 11-5.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see it's 11 to 6 in the 8th so probably Cubs win this series. That will make them 3-3 in series play to start season. They are having a hard time getting win # 10. A win Sunday would avoid a sweep and get win # 10 in April and hopefully they can add more before this month ends. I always think of 15 wins a month to reach 90 and post season. Right now just hoping for win # 10. No off day so on to Milwaukee Monday. Off day Thursday and finish month in St Louis. If Reds can get back on track and finish month 5-3 in series play and in the ballpark of 15 wins, that would be a great April. Time to get at it and reach some months goals before end of month.

ADD ON : Good, Reds WIN....Finally win # 10......Reds at 10-9 and Cubs at 10-8.......Finish April with a good week. Set your goals high. 5-3 in series play and 16 or 15 wins this month. That's play-off goal numbers. Get after Milwaukee Monday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 05:18 PM)kevin Wrote: I see it's 11 to 6 in the 8th so probably Cubs win this series.  That will make them 3-3 in series play to start season.  They are having a hard time getting win # 10.   A win Sunday would avoid a sweep and get win # 10 in April and hopefully they can add more before this month ends. I always think of 15 wins a month to reach 90 and post season.  Right now just hoping for win # 10.  No off day so on to Milwaukee Monday. Off day Thursday and finish month in St Louis.  If Reds can get back on track and finish month 5-3 in series play and in the ballpark of 15 wins, that would be a great April.  Time to get at it and reach some months goals before end of month.

ADD ON :  Good, Reds WIN....Finally win # 10......Reds at 10-9 and Cubs at 10-8.......Finish April with a good week.  Set your goals high.  5-3 in series play and 16 or 15 wins this month.  That's play-off goal numbers.  Get after Milwaukee Monday.

We gotta be able to get some balls past Thames..
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the big leagues, rook.
Reply/Quote
Garrett got his ass kicked tonight, but Ariel Hernandez is killing it! I read http://www.RedsMinorLeagues.com a bit and that guy LOVES Hernandez. Says he has an 80 Curveball (perfect grade for a trait). And he's showing that so far in this game. In addition, MLB.com gives him a 75 rating for his fastball.

So...sounds like a pretty good reliever hahaha.

http://redsminorleagues.com/2017/04/23/cincinnati-reds-call-rhp-ariel-hernandez/

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=cin
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 08:24 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: We gotta be able to get some balls past Thames..

I stand by this  Cool Cry
Reply/Quote
If a Reds pitcher throws a single strike to Thames for the rest of the season, they should be fired.

Stop ***** giving him a chance!
Reply/Quote