Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
(04-25-2017, 11:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If a Reds pitcher throws a single strike to Thames for the rest of the season, they should be fired.

Stop ***** giving him a chance!

Milwaukee definitely has our number so far this year.. lol
Reply/Quote
Wow, from 3-0 in series play to 3-4 in series play. Swept by Milwaukee, OUCH.......They can still salvage the month with a weekend series win over St Louis. That would make them 4-4 in series play in April and that would be far more than I expected from this team in April. I'm now into the NFL Draft, but come Sunday Night I would be very happy with Reds 4-4 in series play to end April. Since they have lost 4 series in a row it looks like team is ready to clinch last place early again, but 2 out of 3 this weekend would salvage the month at .500 ball in series play.

Cozart batting over .400 and Suarez batting over .350, so I like the left side of the infield and both great on Defense. I want to see wins and pitchers we have step up and we keep Cozart and Suarez together. We keep trading and trading for pitchers but where are they ? How many hitters do you need to trade for pitching before some of them step up and show they were worth a Frazier or a Bruce or a Phillips ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds suck lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Saturday Game postponed due to rain means Reds can not win 2 game series. They can lose or tie......This means in April Reds come up LOSERS in series play either 3 wins, 4 losses and 1 tie....or 3 wins and 5 losses.....Tomorrows game kind of big because it would avoid 3 wins and 5 losses. 3-4-1 much better than 3-5.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Today, Sunday, end of April is a KEY GAME.....Reds can split the 2 game series with St Louis....finish 3-4-1 in series play this month and be 11-13 for April.....or they can finish 3-5 in series play and a not so hot 10-14 for April.....on the mound it looks like ex Red Leake against returned Red Arroyo. ....A win today helps to salvage the month a little and go into next month better than crawling into May losing.

So with NFL Draft over.....This is a key game .....I'm hoping a good Sunday game to watch ending in a REDS WIN.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds made a comeback win. Split series.....April ends 3-4-1 in series play....You can recover from that. Only a couple games under.500. You can recover from that. TODAYS WIN I THINK IS HUGE to finish April not all that bad...

Now on to May....Hopefully Reds can regroup and have a good month. It would be nice to have a team to root for in May and going into June. Get after Pittsburg to start May...As Always, BEAT PITTSBURG.

My MVP for April is Washington Nationals Ryan Zimmerman batting .420 with 37 hits in April and 11 home runs. Those are Ted Williams type numbers. Considering Daniel Murphy also hitting for Washington and they have pitching, watch out for this team.....As for Reds April MVP I have a tie of Cozart and Suarez, Cozart batted above .400 most of month and ended .352 and add in his great glove at shortstop....Suarez batted .329 but hit more homers, more RBI's and scored more runs and also played great defense at third base. So the Reds star of April was the left side of the infield, Cozart and Suarez.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
How is it this team has done nothing but trade for pitching for the past 2+ years and yet none of them can pitch? Time for some managing and coaching changes.
Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to believe that there is such a thing as a "AAAA" prospect.

Not good enough for MLB, but too good for AAA.

We've seen the likes of Kelvius Sampson, Jumbo Diaz, Cody Reed, Robert Stephenson and Tim Adleman all pitched with a 2.00 or 3.00 ERA (or 0.75 ERA for Jumbo) then come up to MLB and immediately get smacked around like you wouldn't believe.

How many more years will these guys be bad before they reach their "potential?"

Because it is exhausting waiting for them to get their shit together.

Granted, Stephenson has been below average even in AAA for the last 2 years, so I'm not surprised he's falling flat on his face in the majors....
Reply/Quote
So Reds start May winning Pirates Series. That's a good start....They needed to win a series....That puts them at 4-4-1 in series play this season. .500 ball isn't bad......They now have the Giants in town....GO REDS......Lets face it, NFL Draft is over. There won't be much shaking on Bengals news until August, unless Pacman gets sent to prison or suspended by NFL, either of which is very possible. So May, June, July are not great football months. Time for Summer, Memorial Day, School out, Graduations, Weddings, Festivals, Vacations, 4th of July....So May 5th and Reds still around .500 ball is GOOD NEWS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
13 to 3 and 14 to 2....The Reds exploded on Giants and have a chance for a sweep.....This puts Reds 2-0 in series play in May and 5-4-1 in series play on year....ABOVE .500

ADD ON : SWEEP !!!!!

Reds in First Place in NL Central on May 7th, 2017.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds are on fire right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 10:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Reds are on fire right now.

indeed indeed, it must've just been the brewers that decided to wreck our year early. we haven't been too bad since then. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 07:43 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: indeed indeed, it must've just been the brewers that decided to wreck our year early. we haven't been too bad since then. 

Against every other team except Milwaukee, our record is 16-8 haha.

Oh, and we're not back to a 1 game lead over Chicago in the Central after Chicago's 18 inning bonanza last night. Granted, the Cardinals are surging and we're only 0.5 games ahead of them.... :\
Reply/Quote
God I hate watching Rookie Davis pitch...
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to beat Yankees tonight and get the split.

I have mixed feelings about sending Garrett back to minors a few weeks on this Kris Bryant trick that sending him back a few weeks keeps him off free agency an extra year. Also not trying to throw his arm out like 1970's Wayne Simpson....but Reds are in first place and sending down our best pitcher this season. He will only pitch one inning in minors next 2 weeks Reds say. I wonder if the shutdown and restart won't also be hard on his arm....Well, it's been done. I hope Reds can stay around first without him. Looking for his return and Sal Romano who was best pitcher in Spring Training needs more than just the one start. Mesoraco is back. Maybe Bailey and some other pitchers can come back and help. Reds can use all the help they can get to make this first place jazz stay real.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping we can just stay playing ~.500 ball until Finnegan and Disco get back. Might have a shot at the playoffs then.
Reply/Quote
Be nice to take one of these games against the Yankees!!
Reply/Quote
Reds split the 2 game series with New York Yankees. That puts them 2-0-1 in series play to start May and 5-4-2 in series play on the season. So going into a day off the Reds are 18-15 and a half game behind St Louis. They are 12-10 at home and 6-5 on the road which means they can win at home and on the road. They have won 8 out of the last 10. It's early. but if the season ended right now, Price would have to be manager of the year.

So a day off and off to San Francisco. The good news is they then leave the west coast. Sure, they have to go to Chicago Cubs, but at least it's not one of those extra long west coast trips. I've seen many Reds seasons including 1970's and 1990 where Reds season hit a huge bump in the road on the west coast. The weekend in Frisco and then Reds don't have to go back there this season.

I do see one down side to schedule. The rest of May is 5 home games and 15 road games. Stops in San Francisco, Chicago Cubs, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Toronto. The Reds get time enough to come home and wash their clothes. Other than that they will be living out of a suit case. So looking at the schedule to see when Reds have a bunch of home games and Reds just had it. Reds started season with 22 at home and 11 on the road and a half game out of first. Now Reds have to show they can do it on the road. The end of May, the middle of June and the first half of September are where the Reds live on the road a lot. August has a lot of home games. .....The next 20 games are going to test the Reds. 15 out of 20 on the road. Well, nobody said it would be easy.

So a day off for travel and weekend in San Francisco. Go Reds. I like the 4 in afternoon start times Saturday and Sunday. That is NFL football game of the day times, and a good time to watch sports. I doubt I will be watching Thursday and Friday after midnight, but I like the Saturday and Sunday TV game times.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Another rookie pitcher demoted, I think we need a new pitching coach.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:44 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Another rookie pitcher demoted, I think we need a new pitching coach.

This one I agree with.

Davis is insanely overmatched in the majors right now. We really can't afford to give him a start every 5 games. There's gotta be a serviceable player in the minors or on the roster that can reliably pitch 5 to 6 innings, even if it's at the expense of 4 to 6 runs.
Reply/Quote