Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 1st rd pick # 9-ish
I know it's way early but hey.....what can I say....I love the draft...
I, like perhaps many were thinking OT in rd #1 if theres one there that's worthy...no reaching....
but...
seems the way the board may fall we would probably get more quality "bang for our buck" if we draft the STUD OG Quinton Nelson from ND & pass on his team mate OT in rd one Mike McGlinchey....
Nelson is rated it seems as a top 10 on the big board while mcGlinchey is more top 20
if we did go this way seem we could pick an OT in rd 2......as long as the quality is there....no reaching.....maybe OT Jamarco Jones S.C. ??

seems Quinton Nelson is just too good to pass on, if he's still on the board at #9....he's supposed to be better than Mankins or DeCastro.... 6' 5" mauler....

maybe a Center in rd #3...?
then BPA.....
LB or S, DT, TE, CB
just seems to me if we get a pro bowl quality OG in rd #1...the best OT on the board in rd #2 & the best OC on the board in rd #3 that would be a fine plan....
FIX THE O-LINE.... in the first 3 rounds...
Reply/Quote
I'd like to have DE Bradley Chubb if he falls to us at 9.
Reply/Quote
Eh Nelson isn't even the best guard in the draft. Better pick would be Billy price center in1st, will hernandez in second, and jamarco Jones in third.(or gesecki if he falls)
Reply/Quote
Need to upgrade the QB position if we want a shot at the Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 05:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Eh Nelson isn't even the best guard in the draft. Better pick would be Billy price center in1st, will hernandez in second, and jamarco Jones in third.(or gesecki if he falls)

with comments like this how can anyone take u serious.  Nelson best prospect at a guard since Mankins
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 10:29 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Need to upgrade the QB position if we want a shot at the Lombardi.

No. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 05:02 AM)lNati#1 Wrote: I'd like to have DE Bradley Chubb if he falls to us at 9.

don't think Chubb will be there at #9

& i'd prefer to target our weakest position group 1st...
that's the O-line..

FIX THE O-LINE.....
FIX THE O-LINE....
FIX THE O-LINE....!!!!!!!!!!

we have to score more points.....!!!!
we're dead last in several offensive catagories....
we fix the O-line we can run the ball better....control the clock better....so our "D" won't have to be on the field so much....
Nelson is pro bowl quality....
we need a stud up front....
it's about PRIORITYS....
Reply/Quote
My quick mock..based on needs..i think we will be picking more 10-15ish though

1. Billy Price C
2. Will Hernandez G
3. Mitch Hyatt T
3. Christopher Herndon TE
4. B J Hill DT

Need O-line picks badly
Need another young DT
Need another young TE
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 10:58 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: No. 

fix the o-line.....
fix the o-line....

it's our #1 weakest position group...

Nelson is supposed to be better than Mankins or DeCastro....
6' 5" mauler/ road grader....

if we could run the ball for 4-5 yards on every run play it would change EVERYTHING...
smash-mouth.....we could control the clock.....move the chains consistently....go on a lot of LONG drives.....
just seems to be the SMART move....old school.....don't need to run east & west......run straight ahead....right down teams throats.....
I know its not a sexy pick.....like last years little fast WR ....who never plays....
no more toys.....get a road grader whos pro bowl quality...
OG in rd #1.....as long as it's Nelson....
OT in rd #2
OC in rd #3
we fix the O-line, we fix the Bengals.....it's that simple....
Reply/Quote
I feel bad for anyone this team drafts.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:11 AM)Goalpost Wrote: My quick mock..based on needs..i think we will be picking more 10-15ish though

1.  Billy Price C
2.  Will Hernandez G
3.  Mitch Hyatt T
3.  Christopher Herndon TE
4.  B J Hill DT

Need O-line picks badly
Need another young DT
Need another young TE
we know how the Bengals feel about certain position groups...
I doubt they would EVER pick Center in rd #1
usually our Centers come in rd #4
i'm not saying your idea is bad...but it's not the Bengals way...they prefer Centers who aren't very good....
seems they prefer quality OT's...
ok Guards & poor Centers...
& then we struggle to run the ball....
have to pass 40-50 times per game....A.D. has to run for his life.....we have to try to "trick" teams....run east & west, draws/screens....too many 3 & outs.....
I doubt Price, Hernandez or Hyatt are pro bowl quality....
Nelson is....
get the diamond if you can....& keep him.....don't let him walk after 4-5 years in FA...
lets play smash mouth....
Reply/Quote
Draft a guard with a top 10 pick? I think I vomited a little...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:17 AM)Steve Wrote: fix the o-line.....
fix the o-line....

it's our #1 weakest position group...

Nelson is supposed to be better than Mankins or DeCastro....
6' 5" mauler/ road grader....

if we could run the ball for 4-5 yards on every run play it would change EVERYTHING...
smash-mouth.....we could control the clock.....move the chains consistently....go on a lot of LONG drives.....
just seems to be the SMART move....old school.....don't need to run east & west......run straight ahead....right down teams throats.....
I know its not a sexy pick.....like last years little fast WR ....who never plays....
no more toys.....get a road grader whos pro bowl quality...
OG in rd #1.....as long as it's Nelson....
OT in rd #2
OC in rd #3
we fix the O-line, we fix the Bengals.....it's that simple....

Hell, if we could just have enough confidence to be able to run the ball on 3rd and 2, it would open up so many offensive options.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 05:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Eh Nelson isn't even the best guard in the draft. Better pick would be Billy price center in1st, will hernandez in second, and jamarco Jones in third.(or gesecki if he falls)

OT Jones will probably go in rd #2

if we get Nelson in rd #1
 i'd like to then get Jones in rd #2
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell, if we could just have enough confidence to be able to run the ball on 3rd and 2, it would open up so many offensive options.

I agree...

fix this O-line !!!!!!!!
EARLY....!!!!!!!

go back to smash mouth....
3rd & 2 we shouldn't have to use trickery.....
run straight ahead....north & south....
Nelson is a diamond.....
although it goes against my grain....I now hope we lose out this year....I want a better draft position b/c we're not going to the playoffs this year...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:49 AM)Steve Wrote: I want a better draft position b/c we're not going to the playoffs this year...

So now we are supposed to take the Browns mantra for our own?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:52 AM)Interceptor Wrote: So now we are supposed to take the Browns mantra for our own?
It would be the EVERY NFL team mantra....how many Guards have ever been taken in the top 10? Offensive tackles yes. Hell even a center slides into thr top 15 sometimes....but a guard no.
I understand the interior line needs bodies but this is looking like it's going to be a solid draft for interior offensive linemen. There is likely no reason to reach for a Guard in the top 10.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
First round: Oline
Second round: QB
Third Round: Oline
Fourth: TE
Fifth: Oline
Sixth: DT
Seventh: kicker
Reply/Quote
Honestly, this will on depend on the coaching staff in place. If it's still Marvin, Alexander, and the usual crew, it will be business as usual. First round pick will be a skill position that doesn't play year 1.

If we have a new coaching staff in place (preferably a completely new staff top to bottom), you have to let them pick their guys. That's not to say they won't improve the OLine, but they have to have the ability to pick the players they want to use for their schemes.

What's really sad is new coaching staff or not, Mike Brown will be in the war room adding his two cents which helps absolutely no one.
Reply/Quote
I WANT THE LB!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT THE LB!!!!!!!!
I WANT THE LB!!!!!!!!

thanks
“It’s easy for everybody to say to make that change," Lewis said last week. "But ... when that change doesn’t work out, what do you do?"

Marvin Lewis on why he refused to make a change at the kicker position.
Reply/Quote