Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 HC Vacancies........
This year more HC jobs may be open than in past years......anyone you would add to this list......

Def Openings

Cleveland
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Tampa Bay

Strong Maybes
Baltimore
Chicago
Denver
New York Football Giants

Maybe
New York Jets

Retiring
Arizona (Bruce Arians)

Any opening you would add or change?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:36 PM)corpjet Wrote: This year more HC jobs may be open than in past years......anyone you would add to this list......

Def Openings

Cleveland
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Tampa Bay

Strong Maybes
Baltimore
Chicago
Denver
New York Football Giants

Maybe
New York Jets

Retiring
Arizona (Bruce Arians)

Any opening you would add or change?

Bruce Arians is retiring? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:38 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Bruce Arians is retiring? 

Health reasons is the rumor......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:39 PM)corpjet Wrote: Health reasons is the rumor......

Wow.  I hadn't heard this yet.  That's too bad.  I really do like him. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Well there is that rumor, Arians himself said last week they are completely false.

As much as I would like it to be true, I wouldn’t put Cincy on the definite list yet.

Here’s PFT’s article on this subject from today:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/15/over-under-on-coaching-vacancies-this-year-7-5/
Reply/Quote
Don’t think Cleveland or Baltimore will fire their coaches this season. Maybe next year
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Don’t think Cleveland or Baltimore will fire their coaches this season. Maybe next year

I'm inclined to believe the same, but keeping a coach after an 0-16 season is almost as unbelievable as keeping a coach 15 years without a playoff win. And it's tough to see a win on the Cleveland schedule.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm inclined to believe the same, but keeping a coach after an 0-16 season is almost as unbelievable as keeping a coach 15 years without a playoff win. And it's tough to see a win on the Cleveland schedule.

I'm thinking Thanksgiving weekend will be their lone win this year.....
Reply/Quote
If Denver fires Vance I kinda hope we can get him back.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm inclined to believe the same, but keeping a coach after an 0-16 season is almost as unbelievable as keeping a coach 15 years without a playoff win. And it's tough to see a win on the Cleveland schedule.

Browns will win one game in two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 08:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If Denver fires Vance I kinda hope we can get him back.

Why would you want him back? Their offense is terrible and their defense has drastically underperformed.

Maybe as a position coach, but not a HC.

Marvins coaching tree isn't great at all. (Zimmer was with Parcells for years before he came here.)
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why would you want him back? Their offense is terrible and their defense has drastically underperformed.

Marvins coaching tree isn't great at all. (Zimmer was with Parcells for years before he came here.)

Didn't Zimmer come out and say Marvin taught him how to be a head coach? He also had the Vikes facility remodeled to resemble Cincy.

Edit: Speaking of thr Vikes Pat Shurmur will probably get another look as a head coach somewhere
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Everyone knows we're the dream job in the NFL. What young coach wouldn't want to be Mike Brown's apprentice?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why would you want him back? Their offense is terrible and their defense has drastically underperformed.

Yeah, that's where the "kinda" comes in. 

Granted, Denver looks horrible but it's a first year head coach. Plus they were trending backwards midway through last season. Their current struggles shouldn't surprise anyone IMO. I guess you could blame it on the coaching, but I'd say Denver is pretty short on talent. 

They don't have a QB on that roster. At all. That alone is a huge killer. The guy they let go (Sloter) may have been their best option. Their defense looks horrible, yes. Their secondary may be the worst in the league. Aside from Wolfe and Miller that whole defense could use some new talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Don’t think Cleveland or Baltimore will fire their coaches this season. Maybe next year

Ya I don't think Hue should get canned yet, I mean the browns have NOBODY....
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everyone knows we're the dream job in the NFL. What young coach wouldn't want to be Mike Brown's apprentice?

That statement gives off a kind of Star Wars 'Dark Side of the Force" creepy vibe.
Reply/Quote
Doubt Indi, cleveland, or bronco's get canned.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Bronco's HC getting canned.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 03:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Doubt Indi, cleveland, or bronco's get canned.

I see no way Pagano doesn't get fired. It's been 3 years in the making.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everyone knows we're the dream job in the NFL. What young coach wouldn't want to be Mike Brown's apprentice?

From a fan's perspective not much but the coach more than likely has a family to feed.

As far as job security goes the Bengals are probably the best choice.
Reply/Quote