Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 17
Cordy Glenn and Billy Price were supposed to come in and fix the Bengals’ reeling offensive line this season, but both came in and fell victim to what might be a cursed unit. Glenn had the lowest-graded season of his career at 60.9 overall, and he gave up a career-high 36 pressures. Price didn’t fare any better with a 49.4 overall grade in a season marred with injury.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17
Reply/Quote
Remember when Minny was great for making all those moves to get that elite oline?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when Minny was great for making all those moves to get that elite oline?

Haha...yeah they have was it the worst ranked offensive line now?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cordy Glenn and Billy Price were supposed to come in and fix the Bengals’ reeling offensive line this season, but both came in and fell victim to what might be a cursed unit. Glenn had the lowest-graded season of his career at 60.9 overall, and he gave up a career-high 36 pressures. Price didn’t fare any better with a 49.4 overall grade in a season marred with injury.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

I would experiment with Price at RG and moving Hopkins to Center.  I am starting to regret that trade with the Bills.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would experiment with Price at RG and moving Hopkins to Center.  I am starting to regret that trade with the Bills.  

There are a couple under the radar Centers on the market.

Hopkins isn't Good by any means either...he just wasn't terrible this year.

We need to up the bar if we want a better team.
Reply/Quote
7 of the top 10 rated lines made the playoffs. 2 of the top 10 just missed them.

Bottom ranked lines:
2 of the bottom 10 made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are a couple under the radar Centers on the market.

Hopkins isn't Good by any means either...he just wasn't terrible this year.

We need to up the bar if we want a better team.

So essentially the Bengals need to OT's, Center... unless Price shows something next year, which in all fairness given the nature of his injuries Lis Frank Srang, tearing Pec he could significantly improve next year.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would experiment with Price at RG and moving Hopkins to Center.  I am starting to regret that trade with the Bills.  

There's no way I regret the trade. We gave up very little. Hopefully Glenn can perform at LT like he used to, but worse case; we move his big ass to the strong side. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's no way I regret the trade. We gave up very little. Hopefully Glenn can perform at LT like he used to, but worse case; we move his big ass to the strong side. 

Actually, Glenn did play guard in college and Boling played LT.  I don't know about him at RT but hell, they should try something if he doesn't improve.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's no way I regret the trade. We gave up very little. Hopefully Glenn can perform at LT like he used to, but worse case; we move his big ass to the strong side. 

I'd draft a LT and move Glenn to RT. Roll with Price at Center and hope he improves. Go with Boling at Guard. Then, I'd try to sign a good Guard in free agency like Mark Glowinski.

While Glowinski is by no means on the level of Paradis in free agency, his grade this season suggests he’s turned the corner in a big way. In 601 snaps he was the 10th-highest graded guard during the regular season. While that’s a small sample size, he’d still quite clearly be a welcome addition for all the teams with liabilities at guard.
Reply/Quote
Start Westerman at RG, a full healthy off-season might be chicken noodle soup for Price's game, and draft a RT early in the draft. I think all of those issues can be resolved and if they are it will benefit the whole team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:02 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Start Westerman at RG, a full healthy off-season might be chicken noodle soup for Price's game, and draft a RT early in the draft.  I think all of those issues can be resolved and if they are it will benefit the whole team.

It would be amazing IF we could draft White at MLB in 1st and find a Tackle in the 2nd.

Some of these Tackles worry me. Reisner gets mocked to us a lot, but I've read that some scouts think he's a 7th Round Talent.

That's scary.

But, it might also mean we can get him in the 2nd or 3rd Round.
Reply/Quote
Price and Glenn alone weren't saving the offensive line. Boling didn't look so hot at times (albeit, still our most consistent OL) and you had 2 turnstiles on the right side. Westerman in the last game at right guard lit the world on fire compared to what we saw from Redmond. Still makes me wonder if Redmond was a Marvin decision. Pollack did the best he could with what he had. I would think this offseason he'll have 100% input on the OL.

I think Glenn can be saved. He started off the season well but as injuries started to wear on him his performance was shaky. We already knew that about him. When healthy? top 15 tackle. Injured? Inconsistent

Price missed out on much-needed experience when he got hurt. The flashes were there. He has a great attitude and I think he'll work hard to get better and live up to the hype.

Guard, I would still like to see Westerman get a fair shot. but if that kid from Oklahoma slides to the 2nd round, grab him.

And if we entertain moving Glenn to RT, could Jonah Williams be in play at 11? I know White has been the most popular pick but if Williams is absolutely legit, you draft him no question.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd draft a LT and move Glenn to RT. Roll with Price at Center and hope he improves. Go with Boling at Guard. Then, I'd try to sign a good Guard in free agency like Mark Glowinski.

While Glowinski is by no means on the level of Paradis in free agency, his grade this season suggests he’s turned the corner in a big way. In 601 snaps he was the 10th-highest graded guard during the regular season. While that’s a small sample size, he’d still quite clearly be a welcome addition for all the teams with liabilities at guard.

Why move Glenn to RT? The LT having to be better in pass pro than RT is outdated. Some of the best pass rusher play on the strong side and good defensive coordinator move them around.

I say keep Glenn at LT where he is comfortable.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cordy Glenn and Billy Price were supposed to come in and fix the Bengals’ reeling offensive line this season, but both came in and fell victim to what might be a cursed unit. Glenn had the lowest-graded season of his career at 60.9 overall, and he gave up a career-high 36 pressures. Price didn’t fare any better with a 49.4 overall grade in a season marred with injury.

Glenn needs to lose weight and Price needs to stay healthy and i think they should be much better next season. Add a RG/C and an OT that can move his feet and has a killer instinct when hitting the edge. Bring back Andre Smith and this thing can turn around under Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be amazing IF we could draft White at MLB in 1st and find a Tackle in the 2nd.

Some of these Tackles worry me. Reisner gets mocked to us a lot, but I've read that some scouts think he's a 7th Round Talent.

That's scary.

But, it might also mean we can get him in the 2nd or 3rd Round.

Offensive lineman are tricky to evaluate that's why when you get a good one you don't let them go. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:09 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Offensive lineman are tricky to evaluate that's why when you get a good one you don't let them go. 

Then you lose out on compensatory picks! Keep your eye on the prize!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I really liked the way the Oklahoma offensive line blocked against Alabama. That Ben Powers kid is a nasty bulldog.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I really liked the way the Oklahoma offensive line blocked against Alabama. That Ben Powers kid is a nasty bulldog.

Yes. And you know...Wisconsin always has good offensive lines and produces good Pros.
Reply/Quote
Footballoutsiders ranked our O-line 22nd in "adjusted line yards" (Rushing stat that gives the O-line more blame for tackles in backfield and less credit for yards gained more than 10 Yards past line of scrimmage) and 19th in "adjusted sack rate"

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
Reply/Quote