Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2018 draft....1st 2 rds...most likely options
gonna be a sad off season for us....
all about next yr....

I see us looking to fix the O-line early

I still think we'll pick OG Nelson w/ our 1st pick, if he's still on the board....as he only allowed 1 sack in 2017 & 3 QB pressures on 437 snaps...also viewed as the #1 run blocker in the nation....making him the #1 safest O-lineman in this draft....
if he's gone, or we don't pick him we'll probably go w/ one of the OTs
Mike McGlinchey, Chukwuma Okorafor, or Connor Williams....

rd #2...same theme....
O-line help probably
if we do pick OG Nelson in rd #1 look for an OT here, whoever is left on the board.....probably to start at RT..... or an OC, such as Will Clapp from LSU.  
looks like OC/OG Price will go to Tenn at #21....as he's being mocked there pretty much by everyone...
if we don't fix this O-line I don't care who the new coach is all will be lost befor the first snap....b/c our offense will still be a mess....if your offense sucks your team sucks.....period.......end of story...

both of our OT's need to be replaced....but unless we get one in FA, which I doubt, I see Ced starting....but I don't think Fisher will....he's just horrible....he has to go....
if we do go OG in rd #1 & OT in rd #2 I hope we go OC in rd #3....but .....
going O-line w/ our first 3 picks is a long shot....but imo it is needed...as we now have the #1 worst offence in the entire NFL....& it should be addresses befor we look at any other position group....
rds 4-7 look to FS, LB, TE, CB......... BPA

our war room has to stop swinging & missing...Fisher & Ced were bad picks....that's hurt us bad the past 2 years...
Reply/Quote
Don’t be surprised if Eb goes with a QB in Round 1.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 02:57 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Don’t be surprised if Eb goes with a QB in Round 1.

I was going to say the same thing. New regime = new qb many times. I watched a few UCLA games this year and fell in love with Josh Rosen. I’m usually an OL first kind of guy. I’m also an Andy supporter, but I’d be stoked with Rosen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 02:25 PM)Steve Wrote: gonna be a sad off season for us....
all about next yr....

I see us looking to fix the O-line early

I still think we'll pick OG Nelson w/ our 1st pick, if he's still on the board....as he only allowed 1 sack in 2017 & 3 QB pressures on 437 snaps...also viewed as the #1 run blocker in the nation....making him the #1 safest O-lineman in this draft....
if he's gone, or we don't pick him we'll probably go w/ one of the OTs
Mike McGlinchey, Chukwuma Okorafor, or Connor Williams....

rd #2...same theme....
O-line help probably
if we do pick OG Nelson in rd #1 look for an OT here, whoever is left on the board.....probably to start at RT..... or an OC, such as Will Clapp from LSU.  
looks like OC/OG Price will go to Tenn at #21....as he's being mocked there pretty much by everyone...
if we don't fix this O-line I don't care who the new coach is all will be lost befor the first snap....b/c our offense will still be a mess....if your offense sucks your team sucks.....period.......end of story...

both of our OT's need to be replaced....but unless we get one in FA, which I doubt, I see Ced starting....but I don't think Fisher will....he's just horrible....he has to go....
if we do go OG in rd #1 & OT in rd #2 I hope we go OC in rd #3....but .....
going O-line w/ our first 3 picks is a long shot....but imo it is needed...as we now have the #1 worst offence in the entire NFL....& it should be addresses befor we look at any other position group....
rds 4-7 look to FS, LB, TE, CB......... BPA

our war room has to stop swinging & missing...Fisher & Ced were bad picks....that's hurt us bad the past 2 years...
Ok. First off the premise of Nelson is wrong. 1. He's not the best guard Hernandez is. Please watch some tape. 2. Hernandez is universally recognized as the best run blocker in the nation and a great pass blocker with a 99.8 pass block effeciency. But I think we go center and guard first 2 rounds honestly. If we reach for nelson then go price fine. But we may go with Derwin james or raquan smith in the first.
Reply/Quote
We definitely need an upgrade at T & C but if we can get a T in F/A then draft the FS James from FSU then a tackle in the 2nd and center in the 3rd then multiple holes can be filled. Iloka is not a ball hawk or a plus in run support. I guess a lb in F/A wouldn't hurt either.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 07:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ok. First off the premise of Nelson is wrong. 1. He's not the best guard Hernandez is. Please watch some tape. 2. Hernandez is universally recognized as the best run blocker in the nation and a great pass blocker with a 99.8 pass block effeciency. But I think we go center and guard first 2 rounds honestly. If we reach for nelson then go price fine. But we may go with Derwin james or raquan smith in the first.

I believe the argument for Nelson being the better NFL prospect is the fact that he has the longer arms, and may have played against better competition at ND, than Hernandez at UTEP.

Now, I like that Hernandez is lower body based, and is so powerful at the point of attack.  His build suggests that he just might have enough ass to move a 3-4 NT off of the ball.  We need that on the Bengals.  However, just how many top level, NFL quality NT types did Hernandez actually play against at UTEP?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd like to have Will Hernandez from UTEP...i don't like Nelson
Then if Orlando Brown OT from Oklahoma if there in the 2nd we should take him or QB Mason Rudolph
Reply/Quote
Who ever gets drafted by us, may God save their souls.....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Best. Pick. Available.

If that's a QB, then great. If it's a once in a lifetime WR2 - great.

This team needs quality more than it needs to shoe-horn average talent in to fill needs. FIX THE LINE IN FA.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 09:03 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: FIX THE LINE IN FA.

History shows they're not going to do that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 07:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ok. First off the premise of Nelson is wrong. 1. He's not the best guard Hernandez is. Please watch some tape. 2. Hernandez is universally recognized as the best run blocker in the nation and a great pass blocker with a 99.8 pass block effeciency. But I think we go center and guard first 2 rounds honestly. If we reach for nelson then go price fine. But we may go with Derwin james or raquan smith in the first.

You just keep beating this drum.  Hernandez may or may not prove to be better once they get to the nfl but I have yet to find one site that has Hernandez rated as a higher prospect than Nelson.  

Of course you are the guy that forecasted kpassagnon was the next Lawrence Taylor and then claim the Chiefs are misusing their 4th round pick.
Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield first round, 2nd round Ot or center , 3rd best pllayer available.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 11:20 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Baker Mayfield first round, 2nd round Ot or center , 3rd best pllayer available.

What??   Facepalm

We've all been over this, many times.  Sure, Andy isn't a future HOFer, but he also isn't the main problem with the team.  

Your choices might make sense, if the Bengals were free players in free agency.  But, if the status quo, as far as management remains in tact, they'll need to select two OL at the top, and another pair later in the draft.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
if one of the big 3 are there we are almost certainly taking a qb. Dalton is fine and can win games but he will never win the big one.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What??   Facepalm

We've all been over this, many times.  Sure, Andy isn't a future HOFer, but he also isn't the main problem with the team.  

Your choices might make sense, if the Bengals were free players in free agency.  But, if the status quo, as far as management remains in tact, they'll need to select two OL at the top, and another pair later in the draft.

Dalton only has a couple of years left on his contract, and they're likely going to have to replace McCarron anyway.  If a QB is there that the new HC thinks could be the future of the franchise, I think they have the conversation.

I don't think Mike Brown is going to take an offensive linemen with a top 10 pick. I'm simply not even humoring the idea at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:33 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Dalton only has a couple of years left on his contract, and they're likely going to have to replace McCarron anyway.  If a QB is there that the new HC thinks could be the future of the franchise, I think they have the conversation.

I don't think Mike Brown is going to take an offensive linemen with a top 10 pick.  I'm simply not even humoring the idea at this point.

You make a great point.  If, and I mean IF, the new HC does not want to work with Andy, by all means, he should be given the opportunity to choose the QB of his own liking.  

Otherwise;  True, Andy is only on contract for a couple years.  However, with wise selection, a 2-3 year developmental QB can usually be had in rounds 3-7 in just about any draft.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You make a great point.  If, and I mean IF, the new HC does not want to work with Andy, by all means, he should be given the opportunity to choose the QB of his own liking.  

Otherwise;  True, Andy is only on contract for a couple years.  However, with wise selection, a 2-3 year developmental QB can usually be had in rounds 3-7 in just about any draft.

I look at it this way.  If Dalton finishes out his contract with no playoff wins to show for it, cut him loose and you've got a first-rounder ready to come off the bench and take over.  Like Palmer and Rodgers, he'll have the benefit of time to learn and observe before being thrown to the wolves.  If Dalton returns to 2015 form under a new coach and takes this team to a playoff win, then you have trade bait ala Jimmy Garoppolo.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:50 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I look at it this way.  If Dalton finishes out his contract with no playoff wins to show for it, cut him loose and you've got a first-rounder ready to come off the bench and take over.  Like Palmer and Rodgers, he'll have the benefit of time to learn and observe before being thrown to the wolves.  If Dalton returns to 2015 form under a new coach and takes this team to a playoff win, then you have trade bait ala Jimmy Garoppolo.

Although I agree with your premise, I do have to remind you that Garappolo was a 3rd round pick.

Edit: Excuse me, 2nd round.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 12:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Although I agree with your premise, I do have to remind you that Garappolo was a 3rd round pick.

But NE got a high second-round pick out of San Francisco for him.

EDIT: Garoppolo was drafted by the Patriots in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 09:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: History shows they're not going to do that.

Then history will repeat itself as the history of the Bengals is to shoot themselves in the foot.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote