Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019 Draft needs to hit 3 HRs( like John Dorsey did)
the Browns turnaround quietly happened 2 years under Sashi Brown. but the Browns success
this year would not have been possible without the play of Msyfield,Chubb and Ward.
those players arent merely good they are trending toward great sooner than later.

The Bengsls have to hit 3 HRs in the 2019 Draft in order to turn around 3 non playoff seasons.
not just serviceable starters.but immediate IMPACT PLAYERS.
DIFFERENCE MAKERS. Top.10 players at their position.

quite simply for a.team.built through the draft,its not getting enough from its recent drafts.
Reply/Quote
Yeah...we'll be lucky to get 1 good starter next year.

People will come on here talking about how good Price and Hubbard are, but they're bottom tier starters atleast now.
Reply/Quote
We need a couple guys for sure.

1.) Cody Ford RT Oklahoma
2.) Germain Pratt LB
3.) Caleb Wilson TE
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Seahawks essentially rebuilt their team in one years well, meanwhile we are on reset number 5 without accomplishing anything. Comical owner
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give MB two top 5 picks and his odds would be just as good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:22 AM)jj22 Wrote: Give MB two top 5 picks and his odds would be just as good.

Idk there’s a few pretty big misses in there...

John Copeland
Dan Wilkinson
Ki-Jana Carter
Akili Smith
Peter Warrick
Justin Smith
Carson Palmer
AJ Green

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: the Browns turnaround quietly happened 2 years under Sashi Brown. but the Browns success
this year would not have been possible without  the play of Msyfield,Chubb and Ward.
those players arent merely good they are trending toward great sooner than later.

The Bengsls have to hit 3 HRs in the 2019 Draft in order to turn around 3 non playoff seasons.

quite simply for a.team.built through the draft,its not getting enough from its recent drafts.

Mayfield and Chubb have greatly benefited from playing behind a top 5, possibly top 2 oline. Who knew creating a strong line can help rookies look great? Put them behind our line and we might say they look "promising." As well as a front office that realizes they screwed up selecting former first round pick Corey Coleman and replaced him through free agency with Jarvis Landry. And they fired a coach who wasn't getting the job done.

Maybe it's a sad day when you get jealous of the Browns front office. Anyways, have a Merry Christmas!
Reply/Quote
If they draft 2 plug-and-play offensive linemen and sign a decent FA linebacker, things will trend up. The Bengals have all the offensive skill players that a team could hope for. John Ross has a knack for the red zone. Hopefully he'll take a year 3 leap like Boyd. He hasn't proven to be great, but he hasn't been totally incompetent, either.

Get 2 young, tough linemen and fix the problem that's plagued this team for 3 seasons.

Also, Cleveland worked FA with Landry as well. Gotta play the offseason game in all phases.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: the Browns turnaround quietly happened 2 years under Sashi Brown. but the Browns success
this year would not have been possible without  the play of Msyfield,Chubb and Ward.

Mikey boy Brown says that HRs are only scored in baseball and it's not his fault if he's been unlucky in the draft.

Reply/Quote
Are Baker Mayfield, and Nick Chubb top 10 at their positions?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:21 AM)jason Wrote: Are Baker Mayfield, and Nick Chubb top 10 at their positions?

I’d say Chubb probably already is. Too early to say on Mayfield. I fear he will be soon.

Reply/Quote
Cincinnati can draft a team of college superstars but thinking the current coaching staff can develop them into NFL superstars is borderline insanity.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:21 AM)jason Wrote: Are Baker Mayfield, and Nick Chubb top 10 at their positions?

I'm most certain that Mixon would have produced much more with the Browns O-line.

Fixing the the O-Line should be top priority here.

They just can't have drafted players and FAs that play like Hart, Fisher(non productive), Redmond, Ced. O, and even Glenn for that matter.

If they do.   We're right back here in the same discussion next year. 

That's a whole lot of failure and Price could be added to that if he doesn't improve.

So as much as we need a stud LBer we need this line fixed even more.

Otherwise we're wasting Mixon, Boyd, Green, and yes even Dalton.

I'd say we need a stud DT even more than a LBer at this point.

The war is in the trenches might sound cliche, but that's what is killing us!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say Chubb probably already is. Too early to say on Mayfield. I fear he will be soon.

I'm not downplaying Chubbs talent but I think Mixon is just as good.  Maybe even better.  Give him a line.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm most certain that Mixon would have produced much more with the Browns O-line.

Fixing the the O-Line should be top priority here.

They just can't have drafted players and FAs that play like Hart, Fisher(non productive), Redmond, Ced. O, and even Glenn for that matter.

If they do.   We're right back here in the same discussion next year. 

That's a whole lot of failure and Price could be added to that if he doesn't improve.

So as much as we need a stud LBer we need this line fixed even more.

Otherwise we're wasting Mixon, Boyd, Green, and yes even Dalton.

I'd say we need a stud DT even more than a LBer at this point.

The war is in the trenches might sound cliche, but that's what is killing us!

I could not disagree with this statement any more. We were not a historically bad defense because of DT...

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:46 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not downplaying Chubbs talent but I think Mixon is just as good.  Maybe even better.  Give him a line.

Mixon is top 5, imo. Chubb top 10.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I could not disagree with this statement any more. We were not a historically bad defense because of DT...

Yes they suffered by crap LBer play...  but that lack of pressure on QBs made it even more glaring.

They kind of go hand in hand.

Giving QBs more time to work the underneath and TEs sure doesn't help.

Also lack of making impact plays on the line allows the RBs to get to the next level and exposes how bad our LBers can be.

A NT better than Billings would help.  Maybe Glasgow/Ringo can pick this up.  Who knows?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:46 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not downplaying Chubbs talent but I think Mixon is just as good.  Maybe even better.  Give him a line.

I think Mixon is definitely better than Chubb. The man led the AFC in rushing for a minute behind this trash line. I still think we got the best RB in that draft... And there were some really good ones in it.

Bring Alvin Kamara up here, and let's see what he looks like....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...we'll be lucky to get 1 good starter next year.

People will come on here talking about how good Price and Hubbard are, but they're bottom tier starters atleast now.

Hubbard is third in rookie sacks. He is now getting a lot of playing time. Motor never quits
 Always around the ball even when he is around the QB running the opposite side of the field to chase down a running back going the opposite way. I'll give you Price....however, Hubbard has been impressive. Am I missing something? 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:53 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Hubbard is third in rookie sacks. He is now getting a lot of playing time. Motor never quits
 Always around the ball even when he is around the QB running the opposite side of the field to chase down a running back going the opposite way. I'll give you Price....however, Hubbard has been impressive. Am I missing something? 

It's simple, really.  He just doesn't like many of our players.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote