Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(08-22-2020, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: So while the right/Trump supporters continue to make up stuff about Biden to show how he has "lost it" and is "Slow Joe"...

The Trump campaign is just not having any luck make anything to stick because they have their own candidate to deal with.

It backfired on them. They set the bar low for Biden. No one else did. All he has to do is have a half decent debate performance now.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 03:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It backfired on them. They set the bar low for Biden. No one else did. All he has to do is have a half decent debate performance now.

I had that same conversation at work yesterday with a 2016 Trump voter.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
At least DJT understand he won more because of people who didn't vote for Clinton than people who voted for him.

I guess.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/513189-leaked-audio-shows-trump-praising-low-black-voter-turnout-in-2016?__twitter_impression=true

Quote:Leaked audio shows Trump touted low Black voter turnout in 2016: report
BY BROOKE SEIPEL - 08/21/20 07:08 PM EDT

President Trump reportedly said at a private Trump Tower meeting days before his inauguration that lower turnout by Black voters helped him in the 2016 election, according to audio newly obtained audio first reported by The Independent.
"Many Blacks didn’t go out to vote for Hillary ‘cause they liked me. That was almost as good as getting the vote, you know, and it was great,” Trump, then president-elect, said in the audio of the meeting which was also confirmed in a report by Politico.

The meeting was reportedly held with members of the voting rights group the Drum Major Institute, founded by Martin Luther King Jr. and focusing on civil rights issues. Those in attendance included Martin Luther King III, William Wachtel, James Forbes, Johnny Mack and Scott Rechler. 

Tootsie Warhol, Wachtel's former chief of staff, recounted the meeting to Politico and gave them the audio of the event meant to focus on voter ID laws and voting access. 

Warhol told the publication Trump started the meeting by name-dropping his Black friends and celebrities and showcased a collection of memorabilia including a sneaker that belonged to NBA star Shaquille O’Neal, Mike Tyson's belt and his chair from "The Apprentice."

"The first thing that I can never forget was how when you walked in, [Trump] name-drops all these Black celebrities and tries to give the illusion that they’re his friends,” Warhol told Politico. 

According to Politico, Trump's first chief of staff Reince Priebus, senior adviser Jared Kushner and Omarosa Manigault attended the meeting as well. 

During the meeting, Trump praised the turnout of Black and Hispanic voters who supported his campaign.

As recently as May, Trump's campaign has predicted growing support from both groups this November in the president's reelection efforts. 
In another moment of the audio, Trump returns to the room after leaving for a phone call and tells the room it "was your friend [Former President] Barack [Obama]" and said they have "a very good relationship." 

Trump later told the room he listens “better to the African American people than anybody else,” including those at the meeting. 

The comments aren't far off from comments Trump has made in public at rallies and events. He has frequently touted the support of women who voted for him as well as Black and Hispanic Americans who supported his 2016 bid.

Before the 2016 election, Trump declared he would get 95 percent of the Black vote in 2020, and drew attention at another rally for saying "look at my African American over here" while pointing to a man in the audience.

In a statement to Politico, White House deputy press secretary Judd Deere said Trump is "grateful for his support among Black Americans, and their many contributions to helping make America great."

“Donald Trump’s record as a private citizen and as president has been one of fighting for inclusion and advocating for the equal treatment of all," the statement said. "Anyone who suggests otherwise is only seeking to sew (sic) division and ignore the President’s work for underserved communities.”

The newly revealed comments at the meeting focused on voter turnout comes as Trump is sharply opposed to expanding mail-in-voting, alleging without evidence it will lead to widespread voter fraud. Democrats argue, however, that the voting method is crucial to ensure everyone can vote safely during the coronavirus pandemic.

Updated 8:43 p.m.

Goes toward explaining his desire to limit all kinds of voting this time too.  He knows he has a minority of supporters so he has to find ways to keep everyone else from voting.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's my age but I've seen better ads this election season then I ever remember.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 05:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe it's my age but I've seen better ads this election season then I ever remember.

That was brilliant. 

Once the referents of Tucker's statements are shifted from his Dem targets to Trump and cronies, they suddenly become descriptive, accurate, truthful. 

That's my biggest gripe about Tucker, Hannity et al.; their "critiques" of lying hypcritical Dems have always applied better to themselves and the Trump crew. Blatantly so.
Reply/Quote
Mary Trump was asked to provide sources for some of her accusations in her new book.

Turns out she had 15 hours of taped conversations with DJT's sister.   Shocked

For those who will not read the article in NY you can record a person with the permission of one of the participants.  That would be Mary.  That sounds INCREDIBLY dumb to me but that's for another day.  And Mary had her own ethics issues.

Quote:In secretly recorded audio, President Trump’s sister says he has ‘no principles’ and ‘you can’t trust him’
[Image: E235WHHE4AI6VAWYLZK5I7UQZI.jpg&w=32]
Donald Trump next to his mother, father and sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, on April 6, 1990, in Atlantic City, N.J. (Charles Rex Arbogast/AP)

August 22, 2020 at 9:51 p.m. EDT

Maryanne Trump Barry was serving as a federal judge when she heard her brother, President Trump, suggest on Fox News, “maybe I’ll have to put her at the border” amid a wave of refugees entering the United States. At the time, children were being separated from their parents and put in cramped quarters while court hearings dragged on.
Support our journalism. Subscribe today.

“All he wants to do is appeal to his base,” Barry said in a conversation secretly recorded by her niece, Mary L. Trump. “He has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.”
Barry, 83, was aghast at how her 74-year-old brother operated as president. “His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God,” she said. “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy shit.”

Lamenting “what they’re doing with kids at the border,” she guessed her brother “hasn’t read my immigration opinions” in court cases. In one case, she berated a judge for failing to treat an asylum applicant respectfully.

“What has he read?” Mary Trump asked her aunt.

“No. He doesn’t read,” Barry responded.

In the weeks since Mary Trump’s tell-all book about her uncle has been released, she’s been questioned about the source of some of the information, such as her allegation that Trump paid a friend to take his SATs to enable him to transfer into the University of Pennsylvania. Nowhere in the book does she say that she recorded conversations with her aunt.
In response to a question from The Washington Post about how she knew the president paid someone to take the SATs, Mary Trump revealed that she had surreptitiously taped 15 hours of face-to-face conversations with Barry in 2018 and 2019. She provided The Post with previously unreleased transcripts and audio excerpts, which include exchanges that are not in her book.

Barry has never spoken publicly about disagreements with the president, and her extraordinarily candid comments in the recordings mark the most critical comments known to have been made about him by one of his siblings. No one else in the family except Mary Trump has publicly rebuked the president.

The transcripts reveal the depths of discord between the president and his sister, illuminating a rift that began when she asked her brother for a favor in the 1980s, which Trump has frequently used to try to take credit for her success.
At one point Barry said to her niece, “It’s the phoniness of it all. It’s the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel.”
AD

Mary Trump, 55, told The Post recently that her uncle is unfit to be president and she plans to do “everything in my power” to elect Joe Biden. Her father, Fred Trump Jr., died of an alcohol-related illness when she was 16 in 1981. In her book, she says Donald Trump and his father mistreated her father.

The Post sought comment about the tapes from Barry and White House officials on Friday and Saturday and did not receive a response. After this story posted online Saturday night, the White House issued this statement from the president that said in full: “Every day it’s something else, who cares. I miss my brother, and I’ll continue to work hard for the American people. Not everyone agrees, but the results are obvious. Our country will soon be stronger than ever before!”

'He was a brat'
The allegation that the president paid someone to take his SATs, which was one of the most publicized allegations in Mary Trump’s book “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created The World’s Most Dangerous Man,” stems from a conversation that Barry had with her niece on Nov. 1, 2018.
AD

Barry told how she tried to help her brother get into college. “He was a brat,” Barry said, explaining that “I did his homework for him” and “I drove him around New York City to try to get him into college.”

Then Barry dropped what Mary considered a bombshell: “He went to Fordham for one year [actually two years] and then he got into University of Pennsylvania because he had somebody take the exams.”

“No way!” Mary responded. “He had somebody take his entrance exams?”
“SATs or whatever. . . . That’s what I believe,” Barry said. “I even remember the name.” That person was Joe Shapiro, Barry said.

Donald Trump was friends with a person at Penn named Joe Shapiro, who is deceased. Shapiro’s widow and sister told The Post last month that he never took a test for anybody, including Trump. Mary Trump has said it was a different Joe Shapiro, but that person has not surfaced.
AD

During a Post Live interview last month, Mary Trump was asked whether the source of her information was Barry. “I prefer not to say who it is,” she responded. “It’s somebody who would have absolutely no reason to make it up.”

Chris Bastardi, a spokesman for Mary Trump, said that she began taping conversations in 2018 with Barry after concluding that her relatives had lied about the value of the family estate two decades earlier during a legal battle over her inheritance, in which she received far less than she expected.

Under New York law, it is legal to tape a conversation with the consent of one party, which in this case was Mary Trump.
The inheritance dispute was settled privately in 2001, but Mary Trump has said she was duped into an agreement because the family said the estate was worth $30 million and she later believed the value was closer to $1 billion.
AD

Bastardi said she recorded the conversations with Barry to gain information that would show she had been misled by the family about the estate’s value. “She hoped to prove this, as is often done, by recording words contrary to their sworn statements. She never expected to learn much of what she heard,” Bastardi said.

He said that Mary believed the information was particularly relevant given the federal charges that have been brought this year against prominent individuals who took “unethical steps to get their children into college.”

The president has said he got into what was then called the Wharton School of Finance at Penn — which he called one of “the hardest schools to get in to” — because he is a “super genius.” The Post reported last year, however, that Mary’s father, Fred Jr., was close friends with a Penn admissions official. That official, James Nolan, told The Post that Fred Jr. asked him to interview his brother for admission, which he did. He was granted a place at the school, which Nolan said was “not very difficult” because more than half of applicants at the time were accepted, compared with last year’s 7.4 percent rate.

The Trump siblings have been publicly supportive of the president. The president’s other sister, Elizabeth, has stayed out of the public eye. The president’s younger brother, Robert, [/url]who died on Aug. 15, said in 2016 he supported his brother “one thousand percent.”

In 1999, when family patriarch Fred Sr. died, Barry joined with Donald and Robert in a lawsuit to prevent Mary from getting a larger amount of the inheritance. Mary had said in a probate case that she and her brother should have received an amount closer to what would have gone to their father, if he had lived.
On another matter apparently related to Fred Sr.’s will, Barry told her niece that she and Donald had a rift so serious that “he didn’t talk to me for two years.”

Barry received her undergraduate degree from Mount Holyoke College, a master’s from Columbia University and a law degree from Hofstra University. After being a homemaker for 13 years, and having eschewed the Trump family’s real estate business, she became one of only two women out of 62 lawyers in the office of the United States Attorney in New Jersey, where she worked from 1974 to 1983.

Barry has avoided talking publicly about her brother’s presidency while she was on the federal bench. In a rare public appearance, she used empathetic language far removed from her brother’s tough rhetoric.

“Success can be as simple as the warm feeling you get when you smile at a stranger, someone you know must be lonely, and having that stranger return your smile,” Barry [url=https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/national-govt--politics/trump-sister-the-federal-judge-little-different-from-him/Xmh06XLsdyCgyb17snkFXJ/]said in a speech
 to graduates of Fairfield University in Connecticut in 2011.
The president, meanwhile, has publicly spoken glowingly of his sister, saying in 2016 that, “We do have different views a little bit,” while adding, “She's a very, very highly respected judge.”

'I will level you'
In one of the taped conversations, however, Barry revealed how a deep animosity developed between her and her brother.
She recalled how she turned to him for help when she wanted to be nominated by then-President Ronald Reagan for a federal judgeship. She believed that help could come from his attorney: Roy Cohn, who had played an infamous role in the 1950s as chief counsel to Sen. Joseph McCarthy (R-Wis.) on the Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. Cohn was “like kissing buddies” with Reagan, she said.

“He had Roy Cohn call Reagan about needing to appoint a woman as a federal judge in New Jersey,” Barry told Mary. “Because Reagan’s running for reelection, and he was desperate for the female vote.” Then, she said, “I had the nomination,” and Donald Trump never let Barry forget it.

According to a recent documentary film, “Where’s My Roy Cohn?” Cohn had been in regular touch with Reagan. Donald Trump met with Reagan at the White House on Aug. 4, 1983, according to presidential records. Reagan talked with Barry on Sept. 13, 1983, and nominated her the following day, according to Reagan’s daily diary.

“He once tried to take credit for me,” Barry said of her brother, quoting him as saying, “Where would you be without me?”

Barry said she told her brother: “You say that one more time and I will level you.” She told Mary that it was “the only favor I ever asked for in my whole life.” She said that she deserved the nomination “on my own merit” and that she was subsequently elevated to higher judicial posts without her brother’s intervention.

“Donald is out for Donald, period,” Barry said.

Mary questioned Barry about what he had accomplished on his own.

“I don’t know,” Barry said.

“Nothing,” Mary responded.

“Well he has five bankruptcies,” Barry said. (Trump’s companies filed for six corporate bankruptcies but he has never declared personal bankruptcy.)

“Good point. He did accomplish those all by his self,” Mary said.

“Yes, he did. Yes, he did. You can’t trust him,” Barry said.

Maryanne said on another occasion that her brother kept asking about Fox News. One day, Barry said, the president called her and said, “Did you watch Fox News?”

“No,” Barry said she told the president.

“Why not?” he said.

“I don’t watch much television at all,” Barry said she responded.

“What do you do?” the president asked.

“I read,” Barry replied.

“What do you read?” the president said.

“Books,” Barry said.

The president was incredulous. “You don’t watch Fox?”

Around the same time the conversations were being conducted, an internal investigation was underway of whether Barry violated judicial conduct rules regarding her role in working with her siblings in determining their tax liability. The investigation stemmed in part from an action that Mary Trump had taken: She had provided boxes of family tax records to the New York Times, which published a Pulitzer Prize-winning report in 2018 that found the president had engaged in suspect tax schemes that increased the family wealth.

Barry retired shortly after the investigation was launched, which ended the probe.

One of the most emotional conversations between Mary and her aunt occurred when they discussed the 1999 funeral of the family patriarch, Fred Sr., at Marble Collegiate Church on Fifth Avenue in New York City. During that ceremony, Donald spoke more about his own accomplishments than his father’s life, Barry said.

“Donald was the only one who didn’t speak about Dad,” Barry said. She told Mary that “I don’t want any of my siblings to speak at my funeral. And that’s all about Donald and what he did at Dad’s funeral. I don’t know. It was all about him.”
“I remember,” Mary responded.

Mary Trump said she has not talked to her aunt since the book was published. She said in the Post Live interview that she would not be surprised “if she never contacted me, and I think that’s fair. I understand why she would not want to.” 

Of course it's already an ad.

Reply/Quote
The RNC announced it's keynote speakers.  I don't know if this is the final list or the official list.

I do know that half of the speakers are related to the POTUS so I can only assume they will talk a lot abut how Biden's son lived off his name.

https://www.2020gopconvention.com/

That link is worthless if you want to know about the specifics of who is speaking or what the events are.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-to-speak-all-4-nights-rnc-convention-report-2020-8

Quote:Donald Trump is to speak on all 4 nights of the RNC, and his family will take up half of the keynote speaker spots
[Image: 5f422b6e42f43f001ddfe846?width=900&forma...&auto=webp]
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump delivers a speech during the evening session on the fourth day of the Republican National Convention on July 21, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. John Moore/Getty Images

• President Donald Trump is to speak on all four nights of next week's Republican National Convention, reported The New York Times on Saturday. 
  • Usually, the party's presidential candidate only speaks on the last night, to accept the party's nomination. 
  • The president, who has a background in reality TV, plans a spectacular first-ever virtual RNC that he hopes will eclipse last week's Democratic convention. 
  • The party's list of key speakers is dominated by Trump family members, with the president's wife and three of his children to address the conference, reported Fox News. 
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

President Donald Trump will speak on all four nights of next week's Republican National Convention, breaking with the longstanding tradition limiting the party's presidential candidate to one big acceptance speech on the last night of the event, The New York Times reported. 

Trump will speak at the RNC's first-ever virtual event every night in a prime-time 10pm slot, reported the Times. The party plans are being coordinated by two former Apprentice producers who hope to eclipse the DNC's first virtual convention last week. Trump was the show's host for the first fourteen seasons, and the show's popularity gave him a national profile and contributed to his rise to the presidency.

According to Politico, Trump believes that last week's DNC event was too "gloomy," and wants a more upbeat tone for the GOP conference. 

Some of the conference events, reportedly including the president's acceptance speech, will be hosted at the White House, which is not traditionally used by presidents for campaign events. It's a move that has been denounced by critics as unethical. 

According to the report, Trump plans to speak every night of the event because he "wants the opportunity to rebut charges made against him throughout the Democratic program, aides said, particularly on his handling of the coronavirus crisis."
The Republican Convention did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

Members of the president's family will take center stage at the event, with the Trump family comprising half of the list of keynote speakers scheduled to address Republicans at the event, according to Fox News. 

Along with the president himself, they include First Lady Melania Trump, the president's daughter and White House advisor Ivanka Trump, the president's sons, Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump, who are both executives in the Trump Organization, and his youngest daughter, Tiffany Trump. 

The event will also feature speeches from ordinary Americans conservatives say have been impacted by liberal extremism. The St Louis couple who controversially brandished guns at Black lives Matter protesters outside their mansion are due to speak.

Nick Sandmann, the high school student, who sued several publications over their coverage of his encounter with a Native American protester in 2019, has also been given top billing.

I will say that DJT probably knows more about being on television than he does anything else so maybe this goes off well.  I'll also say that typical of DJT he just wants his name branded on everything (including half the speakers) to help him sell the brand which is how he makes his money, slapping "TRUMP" on something and saying that means quality.

I wonder if the two producers are really good or Donald just picked them because he knows them and The Apprentice was a successful show for a few years?  I guess we will find out.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 05:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: At least DJT understand he won more because of people who didn't vote for Clinton than people who voted for him.

I guess.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/513189-leaked-audio-shows-trump-praising-low-black-voter-turnout-in-2016?__twitter_impression=true

President Trump reportedly said at a private Trump Tower meeting days before his inauguration that lower turnout by Black voters helped him in the 2016 election, according to audio newly obtained audio first reported by The Independent.
"Many Blacks didn’t go out to vote for Hillary ‘cause they liked me. That was almost as good as getting the vote, you know, and it was great,” Trump, then president-elect, said in the audio of the meeting which was also confirmed in a report by Politico.

If they liked him, why didn't they vote FOR him, instead of just not voting for Hillary?
Reply/Quote
Who is speaking at the RNC and when:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/8/23/21397987/rnc-speaker-list-republican-national-convention-how-to-watch

Quote:The Republican National Convention will open Monday for four days of in-person and online events featuring a slew of conservative voices including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and — of course — President Donald Trump.

Trump is slated to speak every night of the convention leading up to Thursday evening, when he will formally accept the party’s nomination to be its candidate for president this fall.

The Trump campaign released the list of speakers for the convention Sunday morning.

Among the speakers on Monday, which is themed “Land of Promise”: Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk, former US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, Donald Trump Jr., and Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis-area couple that brandished guns at Black Lives Matter protesters in late June.

On Tuesday, themed “Land of Opportunity,” First Lady Melania Trump will speak, as well as Pompeo, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and Eric and Tiffany Trump.

Wednesday, which is “Land of Heroes” themed, will feature Vice President Mike Pence, speaking from Baltimore’s Fort McHenry, along with Sens. Marsha Blackburn and Joni Ernst, Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway, former NFL player Jack Brewer, and Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law (wife of Eric) who is a Trump campaign adviser.

The speakers in Thursday’s “Land of Greatness” lineup include Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, Sen. McConnell, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Ivanka Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and finally Trump himself, speaking from the White House.

The convention was originally scheduled to be held in person at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. But due to the coronavirus pandemic, it will now be held partly in person in Charlotte and partly remotely, with speeches delivered from Washington, DC, and elsewhere. Trump’s acceptance speech was supposed to take place in Jacksonville, Florida, but was cancelled in late July as cases surged in the state.

The in-person portion of the convention will include a roll call of 336 delegates — six for each state and territory — in Charlotte on Monday night, compared with the 2,400 that came to the 2016 RNC. Trump and Pence are expected to show up in person to the event on Monday. Attendees will be asked to quarantine as much as possible beforehand and will be required to take temperature checks before entering the venue.

The RNC will be live-streamed online through the Committee’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube and Amazon Prime. Most major television channels, including ABC News, CBS News, C-SPAN, CNN, MSNBC, NBC News and PBS News, are also expected to cover the convention.
Reply/Quote
Forgot to add the list of other speakers:

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Forgot to add the list of other speakers:

I want to hear Carson and Haley.
Reply/Quote
The year is 2009

Republican - Argh, I hate Obama!
Me - Don't worry, in 2020 your party will be represented by a man who is currently a democrat as well as a bunch of his family members!
Republican - Holy crap...did they resurrect the Kennedy family!? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Sneak preview of Melania's speech.

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 08:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sneak preview of Melania's speech.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
This is strange.

I also think it speaks to the argument about if Trumpism will survive Trump.  If the GOP won't even have a platform except for what Trump wants that speaks volumes.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/republicans-to-forego-party-platform-in-favor-of-full-support-for-trumps-agenda-2020-08-23

Quote:Republicans to forego party platform in favor of full support for Trump’s agenda
Published: Aug. 23, 2020 at 9:47 p.m. ET
By 
Mike Murphy

[/url]
[url=https://www.marketwatch.com/story/republicans-to-forego-party-platform-in-favor-of-full-support-for-trumps-agenda-2020-08-23#comments]
Unusual move comes ahead of scaled-back Republican convention set to kick off Monday

The Republican National Committee will go without a traditional policy platform at the upcoming GOP convention, and said instead it “will continue to enthusiastically support the president’s America-first agenda.”

In a statement issued Sunday, the RNC said it adopted a resolution Saturday to go without a platform due to the difficulties presented by the coronavirus pandemic, which has forced the convention to significantly scale back.
“The RNC has unanimously voted to forego the Convention Committee on Platform, in appreciation of the fact that it did not want a small contingent of delegates formulating a new platform without the breadth of perspectives within the ever-growing Republican movement,” the RNC said.

Read:Trump, Republicans prepare to counterpunch Biden at 4-day convention

The RNC said if they had been able to meet, they “would have undoubtedly unanimously agreed to reassert the party’s strong support for President Donald Trump and his administration,” and resolved that “the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the president’s America-first agenda” and “will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention.”

It did not mention any specific policies or goals. It is highly unusual for a major party to entirely forego a platform. Traditionally, party platforms are used to formally lay out the party and candidate’s ideas, beliefs and goals. In 2016, the GOP platform was 54 pages long. This year’s Democratic platform is 91 pages long.

The RNC also claimed “the media has outrageously misrepresented the implications of the RNC not adopting a new platform in 2020.”

Separately, Trump’s re-election campaign issued a second-term agenda Sunday night, which includes job creation, additional tax cuts, eradicating COVID-19 and “ending our reliance on China.”

The Republican National Convention is set to kick off Monday; culminating with President Donald Trump’s speech accepting the party’s re-nomination Thursday night. As was the case with the Democratic convention last week, speeches and events will be largely virtual.
Reply/Quote
Here is Trump's "agenda"

[Image: EgJfQcmXYAEnGEX?format=jpg&name=large]

My source: https://twitter.com/NicoleSganga/status/1297704384286150656

Original Source: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/trump-campaign-announces-president-trumps-2nd-term-agenda-fighting-for-you
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 09:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: This is strange.

I also think it speaks to the argument about if Trumpism will survive Trump.  If the GOP won't even have a platform except for what Trump wants that speaks volumes.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/republicans-to-forego-party-platform-in-favor-of-full-support-for-trumps-agenda-2020-08-23

The RNC also claimed “the media has outrageously misrepresented the implications of the RNC not adopting a new platform in 2020.

Separately, Trump’s re-election campaign issued a second-term agenda Sunday night, which includes job creation, additional tax cuts, eradicating COVID-19 and “ending our reliance on China.”

LOL "the media" are hiding the real causes of this failure--RNC cowardice and disorganization.

The party platform now is all whims and crochets of the stable genius.

Plan for the nation--"whatever I can saw now to get re-elected."

I hear Qanon followers love their country. What is wrong with THAT Dems?
Reply/Quote
Side note, I was mindlessly scrolling through facebook and saw what looked like a pro-Biden ad and the comments section was completely full of people saying what a senile idiot he is and how he has absolutely no chance of winning in 2020. Seems a little odd it would be so unanimous, is that some sort of fakery that looks like a pro-Biden ad that flopped hard or are Trump supporters really bombarding comments sections with such vigor? Don't they have jobs, damn it?
Reply/Quote