Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(10-06-2020, 01:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Biden hasn't come out in support of court packing, he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making under $400k (a plan that analysts say will result in greater economic growth than Trump's), he has pushed for addressing overstayed visas (the bigger contributor to undocumented immigration and something his record with Obama suggest he would do), and he isn't pushing for single-payer healthcare. 

I think your issue is that you do not actually know Biden's positions.

"I listen to all sorta of media!"

Proceeds to regurgitate all the far right wing talking points about Biden.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In other words, I will be an adult and pray he keeps America great while making some improvements along the way.

Man who still brings up Michelle Obama's non-existent penis swears he will be a respectful adult if Biden gets elected?  Make it so. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well congrats to Biden and Harris. According the CNN's latest poll no way Trump can win. I will still vote Trump, but I am in process of removing all of my money from stock market and placing in a savings account. No interest, but I will avoid the market crash that happens and it will happen quickly.

May God bless the US and I hope my fellow Republicans don't whine and disrespect Biden. There is no reason to do so, just go on and live your life as normal, God is good and Trump likely gets 3rd Supreme Court Justice approved prior to leaving office so huge win for our country.

You referred to Michelle Obama as a man and then complained about people disrespecting Trump all in the same thread. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You referred to Michelle Obama as a man and then complained about people disrespecting Trump all in the same thread. 

That wasn't disrespect.  He was stating a fact.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Biden hasn't come out in support of court packing, 

And he hasn't come out in opposition to it, either. In fact, he goes out of his way to avoid answering the question which suggests that he is indeed in favor of it but knows it's not a popular position to take.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And he hasn't come in opposition to it, either. In fact, he goes out of his way to avoid answering the question which suggests that he is indeed in favor of it but knows it's not a popular position to take.

Not to mention they won't give any indication of who they might appoint.  Big red flag.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:02 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That wasn't disrespect.  He was stating a fact.   Ninja

Damn, that's ***** trash, man. We expect that shit from luvnit. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We will have to agree to disagree on some of this.

I saw Biden in the last 2 town halls not being challenged whatsoever compared to Trump.  Zero tough questions for Biden.  Free pass from the media.  How many times does Biden get a pass by the media when he insults the black community?

I see court packing, free everything, higher taxes and incentivizing illegal immigration (to name a few) as a threat to our democracy.

I watch CNN and MSNBC also and I see just as much love toward the left, Biden and Harris.  And I also see seething hatred for Trump.  Al Sharpton for goodness sake!  lol

I think the Dems Garland argument is weak.  Was it crappy?  Yes.  Was it constitutional?  Yes.  Politics can be brutal and I don't think for a nano second that Pelosi and Schumer would not have done the same thing then or now.

We just have two different perspectives and I respect that.

You make good points about the Left's hypocrisy on the SCOTUS seat and racist comments; however,  I'm at the point know where I'm almost rooting for Biden.

Biden is about as conservative as a Dem can be. Many here now championing him as their hero were cursing him during the primaries.

If Coney-Barrett gets a seat and the GOP holds the Senate, then I would love for Biden to win. If one/both of those things don't happen then I gotta pull for Trump.

I think everyone (Right/Left/Center) can agree regardless who wins in 2020 we'll be selecting someone new for 2024, unless the Dems are good with reelecting an 82 year old POTUS.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You make good points about the Left's hypocrisy on the SCOTUS seat and racist comments; however,  I'm at the point know where I'm almost rooting for Biden.

Biden is about as conservative as a Dem can be. Many here now championing him as their hero were cursing him during the primaries.

If Coney-Barrett gets a seat and the GOP holds the Senate, then I would love for Biden to win. If one/both of those things don't happen then I gotta pull for Trump.

I think everyone (Right/Left/Center) can agree regardless who wins in 2020 we'll be selecting someone new for 2024, unless the Dems are good with reelecting an 82 year old POTUS.

I've said before Biden being an almost certain one term and retire president is his best trait in my eyes. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not to mention they won't give any indication of who they might appoint.  Big red flag.

I know you didn't care to research this, but here's his comments on not releasing names:

"First, putting a judge's name on a list like that could influence that person's decision making as a judge, and that would be wrong. Second, anyone put on a list like that under these circumstances will be subject to unrelenting political attacks because any nominee I would select would not get a hearing until 2021 at the earliest. She would endure those attacks for months on errand without being able to defend herself, and thirdly and finally, perhaps most importantly, if I win, I'll make my choice for the Supreme Court not based on a partisan election campaign, but on what prior presidents have done ... only after consulting Democrats and Republicans in the United States Senate and seeking their advice and asking for their consent."

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is what I do know, Democrats disrespected the POTUS prior to being in office one day. Why? Why did they hate him more than they loved our country?

Well, some reasons for that would be that he ran an university scam, was attacking gold star families, called McCain not a hero because we was captured, was filmed sitting in a Bus and musing about grabbing women, was accused of sexual assault by multiple women, has a history of deeply misogynistic sayings (like "she was bleeding out of her whatever" and then some), called Mexican immigrants mostly murderers and rapists, claimed that the election is rigged if he loses, spent many years running the birther theory, implied Obama had murdered people to hide his Kenyan heritage, claimed that his graduation was forged, led chants demanding the imprisonment of Hillary Clinton and suggested the second amendment people could do something about her, advocated for torture and war crimes, called for a giant wall paid for by Mexico, made clear he wouldn't let go of his business, did not show his tax returns, encouraged a crowd to boo a judge for his hispanic sounding name, told Bill O'reilly that the US was as morally corrupt as its foes. There are plenty reasons for that.

(10-06-2020, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will root for Biden to be a great President because he is, Americans all win. I won't go all in to impeach him or go after him with fake accusations because I wanted Trump to win. In other words, I will be an adult and pray he keeps America great while making some improvements along the way.

Those weren't fake accusations, and even many GOP senators admitted as much.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is what I do know, Democrats disrespected the POTUS prior to being in office one day. Why? Why did they hate him more than they loved our country?

Because Donald Trump is a garbage human being, and has been long before he ran for office.   
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:22 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Because Donald Trump is a garbage human being, and has been long before he ran for office.    

Even people who support him being president are able to admit he's an unlikable bastard.  His own campaign focuses on how it takes a mean jerk to get stuff done.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well congrats to Biden and Harris. According the CNN's latest poll no way Trump can win. I will still vote Trump, but I am in process of removing all of my money from stock market and placing in a savings account. No interest, but I will avoid the market crash that happens and it will happen quickly.

May God bless the US and I hope my fellow Republicans don't whine and disrespect Biden. There is no reason to do so, just go on and live your life as normal, God is good and Trump likely gets 3rd Supreme Court Justice approved prior to leaving office so huge win for our country.

I wouldn’t worry too much. An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me Joe Biden’s birth certificate is a fraud.

He’s not even American. I’m sure Trump won’t commit to a transfer of power to someone not even eligible to be president.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We will have to agree to disagree on some of this.

I saw Biden in the last 2 town halls not being challenged whatsoever compared to Trump.  Zero tough questions for Biden.  Free pass from the media.  How many times does Biden get a pass by the media when he insults the black community?

I see court packing, free everything, higher taxes and incentivizing illegal immigration (to name a few) as a threat to our democracy.

I watch CNN and MSNBC also and I see just as much love toward the left, Biden and Harris.  And I also see seething hatred for Trump.  Al Sharpton for goodness sake!  lol

I think the Dems Garland argument is weak.  Was it crappy?  Yes.  Was it constitutional?  Yes.  Politics can be brutal and I don't think for a nano second that Pelosi and Schumer would not have done the same thing then or now.

We just have two different perspectives and I respect that.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Biden hasn't come out in support of court packing, he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making under $400k (a plan that analysts say will result in greater economic growth than Trump's), he has pushed for addressing overstayed visas (the bigger contributor to undocumented immigration and something his record with Obama suggest he would do), and he isn't pushing for single-payer healthcare. 

I think your issue is that you do not actually know Biden's positions.

A recurring theme.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know you didn't care to research this, but here's his comments on not releasing names:

"First, putting a judge's name on a list like that could influence that person's decision making as a judge, and that would be wrong. Second, anyone put on a list like that under these circumstances will be subject to unrelenting political attacks because any nominee I would select would not get a hearing until 2021 at the earliest. She would endure those attacks for months on errand without being able to defend herself, and thirdly and finally, perhaps most importantly, if I win, I'll make my choice for the Supreme Court not based on a partisan election campaign, but on what prior presidents have done ... only after consulting Democrats and Republicans in the United States Senate and seeking their advice and asking for their consent."

Holy shit! That answer actually involved rubbing two brain cells together to form a cogent thought. How refreshing.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know you didn't care to research this, but here's his comments on not releasing names:

Translation.......I will scare the shit out of everyone with my only black, liberal women need apply list.

C'mon man.........just trust me and Harris.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Holy shit!  That answer actually involved rubbing two brain cells together to form a cogent thought. How refreshing.

Wow, what a great, thoughtful contribution to this thread!  Thank you!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:52 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Translation.......I will scare the shit out of everyone with my only black, liberal women need apply list.

C'mon man.........just trust me and Harris.

Those are actually pretty good reasons and a better policy than publicizing a list created by the Federalist Society. 

Reply/Quote