Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(10-21-2020, 10:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: That's not on Biden though and isn't proof of much, other that China loves to censure stuff, especially when this stuff consists of "they gave us the Chinavirus and they will pay for it" comments. I for one find it good that Biden does not talk that way.

No, it's not on Biden but in 2016 people were saying Russia wanted Trump to win and now people are pointing out that Isis supposedly endorses Trump, it's clear that China supports Biden. If it's a negative on Trump that certain undesirables are supporting him, then it's also a negative when undesirables support Biden.

Now that I think about it, if it's on Trump for having these undesriables supporting him than it IS on Biden for having undesirables supporting him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, it's not on Biden but in 2016 people were saying Russia wanted Trump to win and now people are pointing out that Isis supposedly endorses Trump, it's clear that China supports Biden. If it's a negative on Trump that certain undesirables are supporting him, then it's also a negative when undesirables support Biden.

Now that I think about it, if it's on Trump for having these undesriables supporting him than it IS on Biden for having undesirables supporting him.

Is ISIS or China really a difficult question?  I'll admit I don't have my hand on the pulse of the world but was China some sort of monstrous enemy before Trump started saying it was?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, it's not on Biden but in 2016 people were saying Russia wanted Trump to win and now people are pointing out that Isis supposedly endorses Trump, it's clear that China supports Biden. If it's a negative on Trump that certain undesirables are supporting him, then it's also a negative when undesirables support Biden.

I don't think the whole "ISIS supports Trump" line has much traction, I for one did not hear that as of now. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
But Russia was a whole different thing. It was not just about Russia wanting Trump to win, but also about the demonstrable efforts they undertook to make it so. And of course about Trump denying it time and again and being uber-friendly towards them. And then some. But I feel I can leave it at that to make the point clear that this is not really comparable to China probably preferring Biden.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:26 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't think the whole "ISIS supports Trump" line has much traction, I for one did not hear that as of now. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
But Russia was a whole different thing. It was not just about Russia wanting Trump to win, but also about the demonstrable efforts they undertook to make it so. And of course about Trump denying it time and again and being uber-friendly towards them. And then some. But I feel I can leave it at that to make the point clear that this is not really comparable to China probably preferring Biden.

China Joe versus ISIS Trump versus no one evil is even bothering to talk about her Jorgensen
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is ISIS or China really a difficult question?  I'll admit I don't have my hand on the pulse of the world but was China some sort of monstrous enemy before Trump started saying it was?  

Well, sure, ISIS is worse but if Russia wanting Trump to be elected in 2016 was a knock against Trump then I'd think the same should be said for China and Biden. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, sure, ISIS is worse but if Russia wanting Trump to be elected in 2016 was a knock against Trump then I'd think the same should be said for China and Biden. 

Yeah but China made this laptop I'm wasting time on and China makes our iphones...what the hell does ISIS make?  Does Russia do stuff for us?  Ugh, don't even get me started on how awesome Chinese buffets were...damn you, covid.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah but China made this laptop I'm wasting time on and China makes our iphones...what the hell does ISIS make?  Does Russia do stuff for us?  Ugh, don't even get me started on how awesome Chinese buffets were...damn you, covid.

Pffft. I strictly use Japanese made items. Far superior to Chinese crap.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Pffft. I strictly use Japanese made items. Far superior to Chinese crap.  Mellow

I'll admit the Japanese did kill my great uncle in WWII, but they do make good stuff.  We'll call that a draw.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Pffft. I strictly use Japanese made items. Far superior to Chinese crap.  Mellow

Did you ever see what the Chinese were doing to get around tariffs? They would make items leaving all but one thing done, then send the mostly-completed items to Vietnam or some other country with the needed parts, have them complete manufacturing, and slap "Made in Vietnam" on it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did you ever see what the Chinese were doing to get around tariffs? They would make items leaving all but one thing done, then send the mostly-completed items to Vietnam or some other country with the needed parts, have them complete manufacturing, and slap "Made in Vietnam" on it.

No one ever said they were dumb. Except maybe Trump.  Mellow
Reply/Quote

See my avatar.  Japanese.   Tongue

42 years old, all original and still runs like new.
Reply/Quote
China Joe?

Hilarious

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2020/10/21/report-trump-paid-nearly-200000-in-taxes-to-china/#5512eebe2d92

Report: Trump Paid Nearly $200,000 In Taxes To China

A report from the New York Times reveals a decade of Donald Trump’s unsuccessful business activities in China, including an undisclosed bank account that paid nearly $200,000 in taxes, undermining his own exaggerated claims of Hunter Biden’s business dealings there, as well as his rhetoric that his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, is soft on the country.

Tax records analyzed by the New York Times reveal a decade of unsuccessful business activity in China by the president, including an unreported bank account that paid $188,561 in taxes between 2013 and 2015.

The account does not show up on Trump’s public financial disclosures as it is not a personal asset, but instead controlled by Trump International Hotels Management.

The records also show that Trump invested at least $192,000 to pursue business in China, including creating five companies specifically designed to pursue that goal.
Reply/Quote
Emails!

POMPEO’S USE OF PERSONAL EMAIL WHILE CIA DIRECTOR HIGHLIGHTS STATE DEPARTMENT’S FAILURE TO PRODUCE HIS EMAILS AS SECRETARY

https://www.americanoversight.org/pompeos-use-of-personal-email-while-cia-director-highlights-state-departments-failure-to-produce-his-emails-as-secretary
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:51 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: See my avatar.  Japanese.   Tongue

42 years old, all original and still runs like new.

Audio or video?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 01:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Audio or video?

Audio reel to reel.  Best of the best r2r from Pioneer.  Late 70's.
Reply/Quote
Early draft of Trump policing panel report:

- DOJ support for QI claims
- Penalties for DAs who de-prioritize possession, low-level offenses
- Nationwide facial recognition tech
- Harsher penalties for undocumented immigrants
- LE backdoor to encryption

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/20/opinion/trump-commission-police.html
Reply/Quote
Oh, Rudy.

Rudy Giuliani faces questions after compromising scene in new Borat film

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/oct/21/rudy-giuliani-faces-questions-after-compromising-scene-in-new-borat-film?CMP=share_btn_tw

Giuliani: Even if Hunter Laptop Story ‘Isn’t Accurate,’ Americans ‘Are Entitled to Know It’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/giuliani-says-even-if-hunter-laptop-story-isnt-accurate-americans-are-entitled-to-know-it?source=twitter&via=desktop
Reply/Quote
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/21/rudy-giuliani-gives-alleged-hunter-biden-laptop-authorities/6005040002/

Quote:WILMINGTON, Del. – Rudy Giuliani’s efforts to tarnish Joe Biden’s presidential campaign continued in Delaware when he visited a police station Monday to share files from what he said was Hunter Biden’s laptop.

“They’ve got a hard drive, or a laptop, or something to that effect. They try to turn it over to New Castle County PD. New Castle County PD calls us,” said Mat Marshall, a spokesman for Delaware Attorney General Kathy Jennings.

Jennings’ office subsequently gave the device to the FBI because the federal agency reportedly had opened an investigation into the veracity of claims about the origin of the laptop and how its alleged contents were shared with Giuliani’s team, Marshall said.  

"As we’ve seen in multiple reports (the FBI) is looking into whether these claims are credible," he said. "In light of their investigation, we’re referring it over to them now.”

A tabloid got a trove of data on Hunter Biden from Rudy Giuliani:Now, the FBI is probing a possible disinformation campaign

A spokeswoman for the FBI’s Baltimore office, which oversees Delaware, declined to confirm or deny the existence of any such investigation.  

Last Wednesday, Delaware computer repairman John Paul Mac Isaac claimed that in April 2019 a man who identified himself as Hunter Biden brought a liquid-damaged MacBook Pro to his small repair shop.
Mac Isaac said his poor vision prevented him from personally identifying the man as Hunter Biden. 

In the subsequent year and a half, Mac Isaac said, a “whole lot of” players were involved in the story of how President Donald Trump's circle took possession last month of a copy of the hard drive.
He declined to provide specific details.
[Image: bcd1b211-eea0-4d69-ae89-9d6d86001763-Isa...&auto=webp]

Earlier this month, Giuliani shared the hard drive's contents with the New York Post.

Last Wednesday, the publication ran a story, the credibility of which has been widely criticized because of shaky sourcing. The story said the hard drive in question contained emails from 2015 indicating that then-Vice President Joe Biden held a meeting with a high-ranking official at Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company company whose board employed his son Hunter Biden.

Joe Biden’s campaign denied the claim last Wednesday, stating “No meeting, as alleged by the New York Post, ever took place.” 

Federal authorities were investigating whether a Russian influence operation was behind the disclosure of emails. In January, a computer security company reported that Russia's military intelligence attempted to hack Burisma's servers.

On Sunday, The New York Times published an article claiming the New York Post staff reporter who wrote most of the article about Hunter Biden's laptop "refused to put his name" on the story "because he had concerns over the article’s credibility." 

Giuliani, the former New York mayor and current political operative for Trump, has asserted repeatedly without evidence that Joe Biden had tried to protect Burisma when he pressured the Ukrainian president in 2015 into firing the country's prosecutor general.

Last year, Trump himself sought out such information from Ukraine’s new president – an act that was at the center of Trump's impeachment.  

U.S. Senate Republicans last month published a report based on an investigation that looked into the claims. While they found Hunter Biden's business made State Department official's work awkward, they found no evidence that Joe Biden acted inappropriately.

Rumors first began to circulate Monday that Giuliani had visited a local Delaware police station after Republican U.S. Senate candidate Lauren Witzke posted the claim on Twitter and Facebook.  

On Tuesday, Giuliani appeared on former-Trump advisor Steve Bannon's radio show and said he had information of criminal activity relating to Hunter Biden.  

Asked whether the laptop files indicated any crime had occurred, Marshall said what Giuliani's team "showed up with was evidence that they said was involved in a crime.”

He said Delaware authorities are not investigating, and have never in the past investigated, Hunter Biden. 
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 01:18 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Audio reel to reel.  Best of the best r2r from Pioneer.  Late 70's.

Of all the retro stuff I've collected I've never come across a reel to reel in real life. Reel life. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Of all the retro stuff I've collected I've never come across a reel to reel in real life. Reel life. 

Aside:  My dad had a really good one when he was in Germany in the service.  When I was younger I listened to so much music he had recorded on them then the machine broke.  

Fast forward about 25 years and I was working in radio and had access to a good reel-to-reel but no way to make copies for him.  Fast forwarwad another 10 years and I have a system in my house to do just that.  Old machine but works like a charm.

Those government issued tapes definitely retained their quality from the 60's.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote