Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
(11-04-2020, 01:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PA is also moot if MI and WI are won by Biden, so who cares?

That only gives Biden 264. He still needs another state. He's leading Nevada but only by 8,000 votes. If he wins MI, WI and NV, Biden gets exactly 270. He is currently leading in all 3 so it's very possible, if not likely Biden wins the presidency. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Looks like Biden will have Wisconsin wrapped-up though, so a moot-point for the majority of those mail-ins.

PA is also moot if MI and WI are won by Biden, so who cares?

Question; if there is a tie, what is the tiebreaker: a vote of the senate or popular vote? (or something else?).

I read somewhere that it goes to the states and each gets a vote?  Maybe I missed read that.  The article was saying that has most states have a Republican legislature it would go to Trump more than likely.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not even talking about fraud. I'm talking about naming aq POTUS on Election Night.

Today is kinda like waking up Christmas Morning and there are no presents under the tree. Nothing like a cool football or even underwear. 

Back in the day my cousin wanted a Nintendo more than anything and he awoke Christmas morning to find Santa had given him a dartboard instead.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: AZ going blue is all about idiots who fled CA and then voted for the policies that caused them to flee CA.

This just proves that the people blaming the exodus from California on Democratic policies are wrong.

The cost of living in california was high even when Republicans were carrying the state through 1988.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I read somewhere that it goes to the states and each gets a vote?  Maybe I missed read that.  The article was saying that has most states have a Republican legislature it would go to Trump more than likely.

From Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election#:~:text=In%20such%20a%20situation%2C%20the,which%20took%20effect%20in%201933.
Quote:If no candidate receives a majority in the election for president or vice president, that election is determined via a contingency procedure established by the 12th Amendment. In such a situation, the House chooses one of the top three presidential electoral vote-winners as the president, while the Senate chooses one of the top two vice presidential electoral vote-winners as vice president.

Also, according to the 20th Amendment, it would be the newly elected Congress making the decision.

Can you imagine an electoral college tie, the House picks Biden as President and the Senate picks Pence as VP? Might actually be the best thing to happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: I read somewhere that it goes to the states and each gets a vote?  Maybe I missed read that.  The article was saying that has most states have a Republican legislature it would go to Trump more than likely.

Same; the article said something about representatives, "but one state has 3 dems and 4 reps and another has 9 dems and 9 reps and another..." etc. etc., so even though I'm completely confused lol, I feel that to be correct as it seems to match up with your deduction.

Why not use popular vote as a tie-breaker? It only makes sense...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you imagine an electoral college tie, the House picks Biden as President and the Senate picks Pence as VP? Might actually be the best thing to happen.

That's like a crappy 90s sitcom that lasts about 3 episodes.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: From Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_election#:~:text=In%20such%20a%20situation%2C%20the,which%20took%20effect%20in%201933.

Also, according to the 20th Amendment, it would be the newly elected Congress making the decision.

Can you imagine an electoral college tie, the House picks Biden as President and the Senate picks Pence as VP? Might actually be the best thing to happen.

House of Reps would make Trump president because it is based on one vote per state not the number of seats 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: From Wikipedia:

(11-04-2020, 01:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Same; the article said something about representatives, "but one state has 3 dems and 4 reps and another has 9 dems and 9 reps and another..." etc. etc., so even though I'm completely confused lol, I feel that to be correct as it seems to match up with your deduction.

Yep.   You guys got it.

Thanks.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Trump is on Twitter suggesting that mail ballots heavily favoring Biden is fraudulent. This rhetoric is incredibly harmful to the democratic process
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: House of Reps would make Trump president because it is based on one vote per state not the number of seats 

But then what if Trump's reps turn on him and go D instead? :o
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Same; the article said something about representatives, "but one state has 3 dems and 4 reps and another has 9 dems and 9 reps and another..." etc. etc., so even though I'm completely confused lol, I feel that to be correct as it seems to match up with your deduction.

Because this is America and we have a US Constitution. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: House of Reps would make Trump president because it is based on one vote per state not the number of seats 

Stop getting my hopes up, fred.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because this is America and we have a US Constitution. 

Yeah, but if we can change it to let women and minorities vote surely we can change it to make the popular vote count for something, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump is on Twitter suggesting that mail ballots heavily favoring Biden is fraudulent. This rhetoric is incredibly harmful to the democratic process

How so? People have already voted.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but if we can change it to let women and minorities vote surely we can change it to make the popular vote count for something, right?

Did the Constitution as written say women and minorities couldn't vote? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did the Constitution as written say women and minorities couldn't vote? 

No, it was at a state constitutional level.
Reply/Quote

Potentially. There are 24 states that are a lock for Trump. WI is +2 Republican and Florida is +1, so Democrats just need to turn 1 in either of those for a 25-25 stalemate.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How so? People have already voted.

Because if Biden’s hold stands, the President is falsely suggesting that he was cheated out of an election, jeopardizing a peaceful transition of power.

Reply/Quote
Wisconsin should be called relatively soon. The Wisconsin Election Commissions administrator said on NBC that there were no votes left to count. Unless there is a final update we are waiting for, Biden currently leads by over 20,000 votes and he would take the state.
Reply/Quote