Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Election
Suing to stop counting then declaring victory...bold strategy.
Reply/Quote
If DJT ran in 2024 he'd be 78...one year old that "Sleepy Joe" is now. I guess age won't matter then?

But other than that he never wanted to win. Sure Obama embarrassed him, that's why is entire platform is just undo everything Obama did without thought.

He wanted to be in the spotlight and got a job he couldn't handle.

The personification of the Peter Principle.

If he loses he'll go back to tweeting about how much better he would have done things and showing up on FOX and OAN and NEWSMAX to tell people how it REALLY is.

In other words he won't change at all...he just won't be in charge.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Suing to stop counting then declaring victory...bold strategy.

He's got to be the first politician to just flat-out admit that he'd win easily if so many people didn't vote. I will say in 2016 my buddy who has parents who went from PA union democrats to Trumpamaniacs, his mother was legitimately saying women shouldn't be allowed to vote after she heard that Trump would easily win if only men voted.

That's a bold strategy. I'm a woman and I shouldn't be heard, but you damn kids gotta listen to why what I'm saying right now is logical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The writing seems to be on the wall with all of the lawsuits coming out of the Trump camp.

My hopes aren't very high for the Biden administration. I see no reason to believe that the deadlock in Washington will subside anytime soon. The mantle of "Party of No" simply transfers back to the GOP.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know if Kanye has started claiming victory anywhere yet?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 05:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's close enough for a normal president, for Trump he's gonna want California recounted. 

I meant the actual electoral votes. Re add them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Suing to stop counting then declaring victory...bold strategy.

Not as bold as forfeiting.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I meant the actual electoral votes. Re add them.

I was being hyperbolic there, the idea that Trump can't even fathom that he legimately lost CA.  I guess even in a joking sense that's a stretch.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not as bold as forfeiting.

That reminds me of when McCain forfeited the 2008 election by correcting a woman who insisted that Obama was a dangerous Arab.
Reply/Quote
I'm seeing a tie when I look at the electoral math. Anyone else?

Wait, never mind. My food deprived brain miscounted. 270-269.

Dammit. 270-268.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm seeing a tie when I look at the electoral math. Anyone else?

269 all, eh?  Well that sounds like hell on earth.  Ok, I see your edit...but still that is some scary stuff so clearly I was willing to go down that path.

(11-04-2020, 06:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wait, never mind. My food deprived brain miscounted. 270-269.

[Image: 6793039_0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 269 all, eh?  Well that sounds like hell on earth.  Ok, I see your edit...but still that is some scary stuff so clearly I was willing to go down that path.

[Image: 6793039_0.jpg]

Unfortunately, I am on a clear liquids thing for a colonoscopy, tomorrow. I am reduced to chicken broth and sucking on some maple hard candies.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Unfortunately, I am on a clear liquids thing for a colonoscopy, tomorrow. I am reduced to chicken broth and sucking on some maple hard candies.

That could be clear booze in there for all I know...just don't shoot it.
Reply/Quote
Live look at bookmakers on the election.

https://smarkets.com/event/886736/politics/us/us-presidential-election-2020/2020-election-winner

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Unfortunately, I am on a clear liquids thing for a colonoscopy, tomorrow. I am reduced to chicken broth and sucking on some maple hard candies.

You sure got to 50 quickly. LOL The worst part is definitely the fasting.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You sure got to 50 quickly. LOL The worst part is definitely the fasting.

It's called long-standing pre-existing GI issues that I just started seeing a doctor about, plus a substantial family history of colon cancer. My grandmother and two of her siblings died of a rare colon cancer. I'm 35 and going in for my first one. Fun times. Plus I get an endoscopy while I'm in there, too.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You sure got to 50 quickly. LOL  The worst part is definitely the fasting.

Dealing with this election, the fasting, then having a colonoscopy seems like the one-two punch with haymaker KO combo.
Reply/Quote
Royal family is crying and involving Rudy and a team a lawyers. Pretty much nobody I trust more than these beacons of truth.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's called long-standing pre-existing GI issues that I just started seeing a doctor about, plus a substantial family history of colon cancer. My grandmother and two of her siblings died of a rare colon cancer. I'm 35 and going in for my first one. Fun times. Plus I get an endoscopy while I'm in there, too.

Pretty smart.  The more I  read about colon cancer before mine, it is insanely stupid not to get one at fifty.  You virtually ensure you won't get it.  

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dealing with this election, the fasting, then having a colonoscopy seems like the one-two punch with haymaker KO combo.

The only upside is that it provides a distraction from the shit show.

Reply/Quote