Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Presidential Election
(05-29-2020, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No idea why I bother, but it's the weekend and I'm in a good mood...so here goes:

My thoughts of Trump's twitter habits have been made clear. He should put the phone down and govern the country; however, he chooses not to do that. The next Trump tweet I read 1st hand will be the first Trump tweet I have read first hand So:

This initial Tweet was an attempt to pull Scarborough's strings and as I clearly stated: I had no issue with the initial tweet. Especially given Scarborough's comments on the lady's tragic death. Now you and others can be "aghast" at the initial tweet, that's your prerogative. 

I've "repeatedly" (see I do know the definition) said once the Widower stated he didn't appreciate the comments Trump should desist and apologize to the Widower. To assert I was "OK" with Trump "repeatedly" posting it is disingenuous as best.

I further stated that Ms Scarborough has her nerve to be pissed at what Trump tweeted about the tragedy given what her husband said about the young lady's death

As to the lynch mob mentality: It's obvious. Not one person actually took the time to consider what was said; if they did and they had cognition they could plainly see I was not OK with Trump's continued tweets on the matter. They simply saw the fire and ran to get their torch. It's a byproduct of Groupthink

The..End.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-29-2020, 07:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: The..End.

As I said: I don't know why I bother..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Can't we get back to complaining about the stupid 2020 election?
(05-29-2020, 08:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we get back to complaining about the stupid 2020 election?

Only half of it. 

(05-29-2020, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only half of it. 

Well, only Trump could make a guy like Biden look good palatable.  I feel like in some parallel dimension Trump ran as a democrat or maybe and Independent and neo-cons are psyching themselves up for Bloomberg.
(05-29-2020, 08:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, only Trump could make a guy like Biden look good.  I feel like in some parallel dimension Trump ran as a democrat or maybe and Independent and neo-cons are psyching themselves up for Bloomberg.

Protestors outside the WH.  They went on lockdown and the coward won't go talk to them.

He should go "make a deal" with them.
(05-29-2020, 08:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, only Trump could make a guy like Biden look good palatable.  I feel like in some parallel dimension Trump ran as a democrat or maybe and Independent and neo-cons are psyching themselves up for Bloomberg.

And only Biden could make Trump look like the more sane, younger, less white candidate in the race.

(05-29-2020, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No idea why I bother, but it's the weekend and I'm in a good mood...so here goes:

My thoughts of Trump's twitter habits have been made clear. He should put the phone down and govern the country; however, he chooses not to do that. The next Trump tweet I read 1st hand will be the first Trump tweet I have read first hand So:

This initial Tweet was an attempt to pull Scarborough's strings and as I clearly stated: I had no issue with the initial tweet. Especially given Scarborough's comments on the lady's tragic death. Now you and others can be "aghast" at the initial tweet, that's your prerogative. 

I've "repeatedly" (see I do know the definition) said once the Widower stated he didn't appreciate the comments Trump should desist and apologize to the Widower. To assert I was "OK" with Trump "repeatedly" posting it is disingenuous as best.

I further stated that Ms Scarborough has her nerve to be pissed at what Trump tweeted about the tragedy given what her husband said about the young lady's death

As to the lynch mob mentality: It's obvious. Not one person actually took the time to consider what was said; if they did and they had cognition they could plainly see I was not OK with Trump's continued tweets on the matter. They simply saw the fire and ran to get their torch. It's a byproduct of Groupthink

Trump’s initial tweet spreading false allegations Scarborough committed murder was NLT 2017. He’s been doing this shit for almost three years. You didn’t have a problem with it until the widower complained in 2020 after Trump did it multiple times over multiple years.
(05-29-2020, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And only Biden could make Trump look like the more sane, younger, less white candidate in the race.

Hey, I pointed out a while ago how strange it is that our representative as a populace is going to be a gleeful pervert in his 70s who can't or won't speak coherently.  Real men of the people, these two are.
(05-29-2020, 10:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump’s initial tweet spreading false allegations Scarborough committed murder was NLT 2017. He’s been doing this shit for almost three years. You didn’t have a problem with it until the widower complained in 2020 after Trump did it multiple times over multiple years.

Oh, you were talking about repeatedly before the widower spoke up. Yep, no problem with those. I took your assertion of repeatedly to assert after the widower spoke up. I took repeatedly to mean him doing so after the widower asked him to stop. Hopefully others realized that was my stance and understood, but I hold out little hope. 

So we're clear: I don't care how many times Trump called out Scarborough about the incident especially given Scarborough's comments on the death before the widower spoke up. But after the widower spoke up he should apologize. 

(05-29-2020, 10:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey, I pointed out a while ago how strange it is that our representative as a populace is going to be a gleeful pervert in his 70s who can't or won't speak coherently.  Real men of the people, these two are.

I agree it is sad. Did Obama ever speak on Joe's view of what makes one black? 

(05-29-2020, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree it is sad. Did Obama ever speak on Joe's view of what makes one black? 

Maybe, I stopped giving a rat's ass about Obama's rhetoric after he doubled-down on the patriot act and accepted a Nobel Prize for pulling a Henry Kissinger.  Biden is trying to roll into office over Trump like Bush I rolled into office over Dukakis on the coattails of Reagan.

They're going to say it's black to vote for Biden and Trump is going to that Biden is going to give my paycheck to the black rioters and take away my guns and so on.  Seems pretty by the book, sadly.
(05-29-2020, 10:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump’s initial tweet spreading false allegations Scarborough committed murder was NLT 2017. He’s been doing this shit for almost three years. You didn’t have a problem with it until the widower complained in 2020 after Trump did it multiple times over multiple years.

If you choose to be aghast at a POTUS spreading false murder allegations to publicly defame a journalist, that is certainly your prerogative.

Just as it is the prerogative of others to have no issue with a POTUS spreading defamatory and lie-based allegations,

and to even imply that Trump's target had in some way earned a lie-based public defamation.

This is a free country and there is no law mandating ethically appropriate responses to unethical behavior. 

This initial Tweet was an attempt to pull Scarborough's strings and as
I clearly stated: I had no issue with the initial tweet. Especially given Scarborough's comments on the lady's tragic death. Now you and others can be "aghast" at the initial tweet, that's your prerogative. 

I've "repeatedly" (see I do know the definition) said once the Widower stated he didn't appreciate the comments Trump should desist and apologize to the Widower.
To assert I was "OK" with Trump "repeatedly" posting it is disingenuous as best.

(05-29-2020, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, you were talking about repeatedly before the widower spoke up. Yep, no problem with those. I took your assertion of repeatedly to assert after the widower spoke up. I took repeatedly to mean him doing so after the widower asked him to stop. Hopefully others realized that was my stance and understood, but I hold out little hope. 

So we're clear: I don't care how many times Trump called out Scarborough about the incident especially given Scarborough's comments on the death before the widower spoke up. But after the widower spoke up he should apologize. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e82e0e11789c786df2...=giphy.gif]
(05-29-2020, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And only Biden could make Trump look like the more sane, younger, less white candidate in the race.

More sane? No way.
(05-29-2020, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, you were talking about repeatedly before the widower spoke up. Yep, no problem with those. I took your assertion of repeatedly to assert after the widower spoke up. I took repeatedly to mean him doing so after the widower asked him to stop. Hopefully others realized that was my stance and understood, but I hold out little hope. 

Which brings us full circle right back to where we were two pages ago when I wrote . . .

(05-27-2020, 03:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Claiming Trump wasn’t wrong to publicly, repeatedly, and falsely suggest someone was guilty of murder is where you defended Trump’s action. But, you already know this. It’s all a part of your Stephen A. Smith song and dance routine.

But, hey, points to Trump for being so courageous enough to lie about another person, again, by name.  Right?  He should probably award himself the Presidential Medal of Freedom for such bravery.

Glad we were able to close the loop because you just confirmed what I wrote was, in fact, truthful.  Meaning I was, as usual, correct.  And it only took three days and two pages.  Usually it takes 5-10 pages for you to circle back.  I'm glad we could expedite the process this time.
(05-30-2020, 07:25 AM)hollodero Wrote: More sane? No way.

Less white?
(05-30-2020, 11:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Less white?

Yeah I don't really know about that. Trump is pretty orange, after all.
(05-30-2020, 07:25 AM)hollodero Wrote: More sane? No way.

There is a way, but it requires a double standard,

a firm disjunct between Trump's own actions and his responsibility for them,

and high degree of equivocation,

high enough that even Obama's behavior could seem equally demeaning to the Office as Trump's.
(05-30-2020, 11:51 AM)Dill Wrote: There is a way, but it requires a double standard,

a firm disjunct between Trump's own actions and his responsibility for them,

and high degree of equivocation,

high enough that even Obama's behavior could seem equally demeaning to the Office as Trump's.

Well, let's just listen to what Trump has to say, "I don't take responsibility at all."