Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Election Results Thread
(11-10-2022, 06:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: As a self-described moderate, I consider Trump's long-term relationship with Putin to mutually exclusive and a de facto marriage. Ergo, I will morally have to resist that temptation.

True...Trump would never cheat on a spouse. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 06:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fox News is an ultra powerful name in news...they said it themselves.  Outlier my ass.  They do the work of a hundred CNN's.

One News media out of many and if they were powerful then we would have a red wave.

You can't compare one cable station with all the other news sources. All the other news sources swamp Fox News.
All the late night comedic shows  as well as SNL, Bill Maher, Trevor Noah, HBO shows[John Oliver], etc, etc are one sided. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 05:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Rand Paul and Rubio are bad enough as the "normal republicans" and they just got re-elected as senators.

A bunch of senators who spent the 4th of July in Moscow not long after http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/politics/the-intelligence-community-report-on-russian-activities-in-the-2016-election/2153/ John Kennedy, Ron Johnson, John Hoeven, Jerry Moran, and John Thune all just won re-election as well.

It would be hard for me to have less respect for them. So I guess there is nowhere to go but up?

I would not consider Paul or Rubio to be normal in any sense of the word.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True...Trump would never cheat on a spouse. 

Yeah. I mean, grabbing a little ***** is one thing. Everybody does that, right? But strokin' the big Russian bear... well, that's another thing altogether. That is sacrosanct!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
On a general note I will say it's a comforting return to normality to see people coping with losses not by claiming fraud, but by going back to the old standard "voters are idiots."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 06:51 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: One News media out of many and if they were powerful then we would have a red wave.

You can't compare one cable station with all the other news sources. All the other news sources swamp Fox News.
All the late night comedic shows  as well as SNL, Bill Maher, Trevor Noah, HBO shows[John Oliver], etc, etc are one sided. 

All those shows used to strive to actually be funny and took shots at pretty much anyone in political power who was the news of the day. Now they’re all just an arm of the Democratic Party. One big strong, circle-jerking arm of the Democratic Party.

Hell, it’s not like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris give them any material literally daily or anything, they have nothing to work with! (Similar to the fact-checkers in the media who closed up shop in like, January 2021…nothing to fact check here!)
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 08:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: All those shows used to strive to actually be funny and took shots at pretty much anyone in political power who was the news of the day. Now they’re all just an arm of the Democratic Party. One big strong, circle-jerking arm of the Democratic Party.

Hell, it’s not like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris give them any material literally daily or anything, they have nothing to work with! (Similar to the fact-checkers in the media who closed up shop in like, January 2021…nothing to fact check here!)

Well, they do poke fun at Biden, just not as much as Trump because Trump shot himself in the foot 10-15 times a day, mostly on twitter. Biden doesn't wake up trying to win today's news cycle so they have far less material to work with.

And as far as the fact checkers . . . do you seriously want to compare Biden and Trump when it comes to truth? If you truly want to move on from Trump like you said, then you need to accept that his Presidency was the outlier (out liar?) and not the new norm.

Most Republicans from escalator ride to Helsinki to 1st impeachment to mishandling and lying to the public about COVID to Jan 6 to current theft of top secret documents . . .
[Image: tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_640.gif]
But Hunter Biden's laptop, does this really concern you as much as the right wing propaganda machine tells me it should?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:23 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: And as far as the fact checkers . . . do you seriously want to compare Biden and Trump when it comes to truth? If you truly want to move on from Trump like you said, then you need to accept that his Presidency was the outlier (out liar?) and not the new norm.

Closing up shop while his hand was still on the Bible gave the game away.

Edit: Oh yeah. SNL had Alec Baldwin reserved and sleeping at 30 Rock because of…let me check the material…his tweets.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 06:40 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Fox News is an outliner in regard to the Media. Other then right-wing online sources they are the only entity that will attack Democrats.
No, I am talking about the CNN's, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, Wasington Post, etc, when I am talking about the Media.
The Media and Hollywood will not touch Obama AND Kamara otherwise they will be called "racists"

P.S. I voted for Obama with no regrets and I think the worst President was George W. Bush. 

How many people really watch mainstream news outlets other than Fox?  Not a hell of a lot, statistically.  There's huge money and notoriety in bashing liberals, and there are all manner of lib-owning celebrity media types that are much more recognizable to the average American than any CNN anchor that hasn't been there since the ice age.  There are so many right-wing talk show/TV hosts that they are tough to even keep track of.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 06:51 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: One News media out of many and if they were powerful then we would have a red wave.

Your first point is basically a wash.  I can just as easily say that if your alleged massive liberal conspiratorial media was so powerful, Obama wouldn't have gotten rinsed in the 2010 midterm.  Trump never would have beaten Clinton.  Media narratives rarely if ever determine how anyone votes.  People have their reasons and motivations and ithey aren't "because Alec Baldwin told me to do it".
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 08:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: All those shows used to strive to actually be funny and took shots at pretty much anyone in political power who was the news of the day. Now they’re all just an arm of the Democratic Party. One big strong, circle-jerking arm of the Democratic Party.

So you're asserting that Trump has failed to deliver in every electoral contest since 2018 because the media brainwashed everyone?  

You know, you're probably right.  I hope like hell that the GOP leadership feels the same way and trots him out there for another run.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:40 PM)samhain Wrote: So you're asserting that Trump has failed to deliver in every electoral contest since 2018 because the media brainwashed everyone?  

You know, you're probably right.  I hope like hell that the GOP leadership feels the same way and trots him out there for another run.

I asserted that comedy shows used to do comedy.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:44 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I asserted that comedy shows used to do comedy.

You've been salty since the Smothers Brothers lampooned LBJ.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:44 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I asserted that comedy shows used to do comedy.

I mean, it's easy not to watch them.  I haven't watched SNL since I don't remember when.  It's not relevant and it's politics are just a small part of the reason why.  

Hell, I remember when Drudge Report was a right wing bully pulpit for aggregate media. These days it's about the most even-keeled source of political journalism out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You've been salty since the Smothers Brothers lampooned LBJ.

That’s Lyndon Baines Johnson to you.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:54 PM)samhain Wrote: I mean, it's easy not to watch them.  I haven't watched SNL since I don't remember when.  It's not relevant and it's politics are just a small part of the reason why.  

Cool, thanks for the advice. Doesn’t change what they’ve become.
Reply/Quote
There will be a runoff in GA.

Let's check in as republican favorite...uh, Ted Cruz? campaigns with Walker who says...something?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Closing up shop while his hand was still on the Bible gave the game away.

Edit: Oh yeah. SNL had Alec Baldwin reserved and sleeping at 30 Rock because of…let me check the material…his tweets.

Since he became President, Politi-fact lists him with 18 false or mis-leading statements. Trump usually had that wrapped up every day by the end of his first session of executive time.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?category=&ruling=false&speaker=joe-biden

Biden barely needs a fact checker, Trump and his firehose of BS needed a team of fact checkers. If the GOP has any chance of getting my vote again, moving on from Trumpism is the first step. 

And a slight adjustment to my comment quite a few posts above which kind of supports my theory on moving on from Trump. My "55% Independents in Alaska" is wrong. That was the info from 2017-18. As of August 2022, the Republicans lost 3% as they fell to under 24% and undeclared/Independents rose to 58%. Not only Independents and Democrats want him out of the picture
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That’s Lyndon Baines Johnson to you.

He was Big Dick Johnson to my grandma. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Cool, thanks for the advice. Doesn’t change what they’ve become.

Get em! Cancel those people who make jokes about stuff you don't like.

The true right wing way.

Everybody is an arm of the democratic party if they say stuff we dont like...
Reply/Quote