Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Election Results Thread
(11-12-2022, 02:41 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

Right.

Republicans aren't out there trying to fact check Biden? Wow. LOL

And again, I keep repeating myself. It's hilarious how you're concerned about how important fact checking is . . . NOW. 

[Image: 314922080_5728208623906441_7437622391671...e=6372C6F3]

So let me get this straight . . . you think that they fact checked Trump only because he was Republican and not because he was a blatant liar in the most important position on the planet?

If Trump lied or had false/misleading statements only once a month during his presidency like Biden so far, he'd still be President.

Dude, it’s pretty simple and there’s no helping you. When fact checking outfits shut it down at the ONSET of a presidency it gives the game away.

[Image: leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 07:42 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: 21 years to vote but 10 to be a mom is OK. 

Don't forget our country's love of trying people age 10 and up as adults. But yes, you have to wonder how well the GOP running on a platform of repealing the 26A would go over. This has to be just knee-jerk stuff following a surprising flop. The pro choice votes succeeding in red states has to show the GOP that they simply can't count on getting away scott free every time they enact a policy the majority of the country doesn't want or like. Saying out loud how you are going to do unpopular stuff is what got them in this situation the first place. Also, Trump is talking about throwing journalists in jail and it's getting some orgasmic praise from his followers. Top that one, DeSanctimonious.

Plus, I remember my ol' man telling me how he got to experience the one two punch of being drafted while being too young to vote.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:23 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well, they do poke fun at Biden, just not as much as Trump because Trump shot himself in the foot 10-15 times a day, mostly on twitter. Biden doesn't wake up trying to win today's news cycle so they have far less material to work with.

And as far as the fact checkers . . . do you seriously want to compare Biden and Trump when it comes to truth? If you truly want to move on from Trump like you said, then you need to accept that his Presidency was the outlier (out liar?) and not the new norm.

Most Republicans from escalator ride to Helsinki to 1st impeachment to mishandling and lying to the public about COVID to Jan 6 to current theft of top secret documents . . .
[Image: tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_640.gif]
But Hunter Biden's laptop, does this really concern you as much as the right wing propaganda machine tells me it should?

I see you conveniently left out the protected ones Obama and Kamala. And I disagree with you 100% there is plenty of funny material to use with Biden. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:37 PM)samhain Wrote: Your first point is basically a wash.  I can just as easily say that if your alleged massive liberal conspiratorial media was so powerful, Obama wouldn't have gotten rinsed in the 2010 midterm.  Trump never would have beaten Clinton.  Media narratives rarely if ever determine how anyone votes.  People have their reasons and motivations and ithey aren't "because Alec Baldwin told me to do it".

Trump never beat Clinton. It was the Russians.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 10:54 PM)samhain Wrote: I mean, it's easy not to watch them.  I haven't watched SNL since I don't remember when.  It's not relevant and it's politics are just a small part of the reason why.  

Hell, I remember when Drudge Report  Fox News was a right wing bully pulpit for aggregate media.  These days it's about the most even-keeled source of political journalism out there.

Fixed it for you.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:13 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I see you conveniently left out the protected ones Obama and Kamala. And I disagree with you 100% there is plenty of funny material to use with Biden. 

A lot of the right-wing media stuff against Biden just seems like preaching to the choir for their supporters and accidentally convincing liberals that Biden is the overly left wing danger that Biden's unethused base wishes he really was. 

Conservatives aren't the only ones who get a hard on while watching "the other side" go full snowflake meltdown mode. I mean, if you are a liberal and Tucker Carlson and his viewers are absolutely terrified of and hating what Biden can/will do, doesn't that make you like him more?  Kamala just sinks herself, no media needed.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I had a feeling the youngest demographic came out big for the left when I heard conservatives were floating the idea the minimum voting age needs to be raised.

But again it's nice to return to "people who don't vote like me are morons" after years of "if my side doesn't win it's rigged."

Of course, the young came out for Biden.  Whatever

[Image: GettyImages-1396872871.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:30 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Of course, the young came out for Biden.  Whatever

So we're going to rake a political party over the coals for getting votes by running on policies that voters want?  Insanity.  The democrats should probably be strategizing on how to repeal the voting rights of Americans over the age of 65 since they vote republican.

VOTERS - We want this!
DEMS- We will probably fail, but we'll try to give that to you.
VOTERS - Um...well yay I guess.

VOTERS - We want this!
GOP- We are going to do something unpopular that a fraction of this country wants instead.
VOTERS - We don't want that.
GOP - We're going to find ways to make sure your vote doesn't count then.

Anyways, young people want free college and old people want a free giant wall to keep immigrants out.  Are the two sides all that different? I see some similarities there.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So we're going to rake a political party over the coals for getting votes by running on policies that voters want?  Insanity.  The democrats should probably be strategizing on how to repeal the voting rights of Americans over the age of 65 since they vote republican.

VOTERS - We want this!
DEMS- We will probably fail, but we'll try to give that to you.
VOTERS - Um...well yay I guess.

VOTERS - We want this!
GOP- We are going to do something unpopular that a fraction of this country wants instead.
VOTERS - We don't want that.
GOP - We're going to find ways to make sure your vote doesn't count then.

Anyways, young people want free college and old people want a free giant wall to keep immigrants out.  Are the two sides all that different?  I see some similarities there.

Ok, I guess using your logic...

[Image: 9781350010604.jpg][Image: reparations.jpg?resize=800%2C675&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
I think not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think not.

I think not.

[Image: shutterstock_398418100.jpg]

Especially, since I already paid off my debt.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 10:44 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Dude, it’s pretty simple and there’s no helping you. When fact checking outfits shut it down at the ONSET of a presidency it gives the game away.

[Image: leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif]
LOL

You're seriously butthurt about this. The fact that you think Biden and Trump are on the same playing field when it comes to truth is truly astounding. Good luck with your continuing struggles with life.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 02:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I think not.

Actually, you may be right for the wrong reasons with the slavery comparison, mostly because it was a policy that was losing popularity and the ability to win a legal vote SO they started changing the voting process in order to give it a chance to pass.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:13 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I see you conveniently left out the protected ones Obama and Kamala. And I disagree with you 100% there is plenty of funny material to use with Biden. 

Jesus, you guys are exhausting.

Yes. I conveniently left out people that we weren't talking about. Jenius. But if you have something to add about Obama and Kamala, what's stopping you from laying it all out there? It's important enough for you to add them in a conversation that didn't involve them, so I'm sure that you have plenty of pertinent info to add to the discussion.

And where did I say that there isn't plenty of material to poke fun at Biden? All I said was that he didn't wake up every day trying to win every news cycle so he gives them less material to work with than Trump did. You guys need to stop thinking that Trump's wacky administration is the new norm going forward.

Outside of not being able to sit through Fallon, who someone called it "like watching a four year old's birthday party take over an office", I watch every one of these late night hosts take shots at him, but you guys will never see it because you're all afraid they'll make fun of people you like along the way. If you're like most Right Wing Nut Jobs, you'll never see these because all you ever see of the late night shows are clips on Hannity or Tucker and still consider yourselves educated on whatever topic they're ranting about. The difference between the Right and the Left in theses instances is that the ONLY time the Right will attack or make fun of a Republican is when it benefits another Republican waiting in the wings. Other than that, all Republicans get a pass in Right Wing Media. It's hilarious how you guys get upset at anything close to that happening on the left.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 02:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I think not.

[Image: shutterstock_398418100.jpg]

So what ? The world begins and ends with you ? 

You have one vote as any other citizen of your country and obviously most of them didn't agree with you.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
republican party needs to do what ive done an move completly away from trump. he had his time now its over. the party needs to rally round desantis. folks are tired of trump now except for his diehards but we need someone who can actualy lead and govern effective an thats desantis. he can get our policies in place without all the drama. thats whats important. getting conservative ideas in action.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 07:42 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: 21 years to vote but 10 to be a mom is OK. 

yes sir i agree the idea of 21 to vote is silly. if you can go to war at 18 you can vote. simple as that.
Reply/Quote
Arizona is officially won by the Dems and Nevada is about to flip blue as well. I also won’t be surprised if Warnock beats Walker. What an awful cycle for the Republicans.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 04:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Arizona is officially won by the Dems and Nevada is about to flip blue as well. I also won’t be surprised if Warnock beats Walker. What an awful cycle for the Republicans.

warnock will win. walker is a terrible canidate im am disappointed that the republicans put him out there. hes every bit as bad as oz was in penn. any good candidate shouldve beat fedderman. the party has got to start putting up more true conservative folks who are in line with real conservative ideas who are capable of actual governing.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 02:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Jesus, you guys are exhausting.

Yes. I conveniently left out people that we weren't talking about. Jenius. But if you have something to add about Obama and Kamala, what's stopping you from laying it all out there? It's important enough for you to add them in a conversation that didn't involve them, so I'm sure that you have plenty of pertinent info to add to the discussion.

And where did I say that there isn't plenty of material to poke fun at Biden? All I said was that he didn't wake up every day trying to win every news cycle so he gives them less material to work with than Trump did. You guys need to stop thinking that Trump's wacky administration is the new norm going forward.

Outside of not being able to sit through Fallon, who someone called it "like watching a four year old's birthday party take over an office", I watch every one of these late night hosts take shots at him, but you guys will never see it because you're all afraid they'll make fun of people you like along the way. If you're like most Right Wing Nut Jobs, you'll never see these because all you ever see of the late night shows are clips on Hannity or Tucker and still consider yourselves educated on whatever topic they're ranting about. The difference between the Right and the Left in theses instances is that the ONLY time the Right will attack or make fun of a Republican is when it benefits another Republican waiting in the wings. Other than that, all Republicans get a pass in Right Wing Media. It's hilarious how you guys get upset at anything close to that happening on the left.

Love it when people try to insult you with a misspelled word.  Hilarious

P.S. I weekly watch Bill Maher Popcorn and sometimes Trever Noah. I have yet to see them attack Kamala once. Not a Republican, genius I just want to watch laughs on both sides. 

P.S.+ Genius, when have you seen me trumped up Trump?  
Reply/Quote