Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Election Results Thread
(11-10-2022, 11:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since he became President, Politi-fact lists him with 18 false or mis-leading statements. Trump usually had that wrapped up every day by the end of his first session of executive time.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?category=&ruling=false&speaker=joe-biden

Biden barely needs a fact checker, Trump and his firehose of BS needed a team of fact checkers. If the GOP has any chance of getting my vote again, moving on from Trumpism is the first step. 

And a slight adjustment to my comment quite a few posts above which kind of supports my theory on moving on from Trump. My "55% Independents in Alaska" is wrong. That was the info from 2017-18. As of August 2022, the Republicans lost 3% as they fell to under 24% and undeclared/Independents rose to 58%. Not only Independents and Democrats want him out of the picture

Speaking of DJT lying:

Is he making this up just to "brag" (like he did to impress Billy Bush  Cool ) or...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since he became President, Politi-fact lists him with 18 false or mis-leading statements. Trump usually had that wrapped up every day by the end of his first session of executive time.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?category=&ruling=false&speaker=joe-biden

Biden barely needs a fact checker, Trump and his firehose of BS needed a team of fact checkers. If the GOP has any chance of getting my vote again, moving on from Trumpism is the first step. 

And a slight adjustment to my comment quite a few posts above which kind of supports my theory on moving on from Trump. My "55% Independents in Alaska" is wrong. That was the info from 2017-18. As of August 2022, the

Republicans lost 3% as they fell to under 24% and undeclared/Independents rose to 58%. Not only Independents and Democrats want him out of the picture

18. So you agree that fact checkers should do their job regardless of who holds office.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Get em! Cancel those people who make jokes about stuff you don't like.

The true right wing way.

Everybody is an arm of the democratic party if they say stuff we dont like...

Uh, didn’t call for the cancellation of a single thing. I mean, objectively those shows aren’t what they once were. Jesus Christ, man.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He was Big Dick Johnson to my grandma. 

Too bad it wasn’t hereditary, huh? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Too bad it wasn’t hereditary, huh? Ninja

I assure you I inherited an insatiable lust for JBL dick.

So...um, how about them senate races and other related stuff eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assure you I inherited an insatiable lust for JBL dick.

So...um, how about them senate races and other related stuff eh?

If you were a gambling man, who wins senate in Arizona and Nevada…and Georgia.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If you were a gambling man, who wins senate in Arizona and Nevada…and Georgia.

https://smarkets.com/listing/politics/us/2022/11/08/23-00/2022-senate-elections

This UK betting site currently has the democrats up bigly in all 3, so there is that.

AZ seems pretty locked up, the votes left to be counted in NV are likely to be blue enough to tip things blue, and if the runoff in GA doesn't have an effect on the senate majority since democrats already have their needed 50 seats I can see Warnock winning as Walker's conservative supporters prefer to not cast a second vote for a fellow of his um...character. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 12:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: https://smarkets.com/listing/politics/us/2022/11/08/23-00/2022-senate-elections

This UK betting site currently has the democrats up bigly in all 3, so there is that.

AZ seems pretty locked up, the votes left to be counted in NV are likely to be blue enough to tip things blue, and if the runoff in GA doesn't have an effect on the senate majority since democrats already have their needed 50 seats I can see Warnock winning as Walker's conservative supporters prefer to not cast a second vote for a fellow of his um...character. 

Off to the bookie I go, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 11:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: 18. So you agree that fact checkers should do their job regardless of who holds office.

Yep. I just don't get offended regardless of who gets called out and find it comical when Conservatives suddenly act like truth is important to them after five plus years of overlooking alternative facts. I'm not talking subtle, behind the scenes lies, finding out years later . . .I'm talking straight up lies in the civilized world's face at press conferences on a daily basis. Watching the Dutch press call out and roast that Trump appointed ambassador for lying was embarrassing to me as an American. It appears that other Americans feel the same about the lying and the chaos as election deniers have taken a beating.

As an Independent, I'm used to watching the Democrats ruining any momentum they have . . . I'm not used to the normally politically savvy Republicans to be their own roadblocks. Get some form of moderate normalcy in your party and let the Democrats implode all on their own. That's the old American way.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 12:55 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yep. I just don't get offended regardless of who gets called out and find it comical when Conservatives suddenly act like truth is important to them after five plus years of overlooking alternative facts. I'm not talking subtle, behind the scenes lies, finding out years later . . .I'm talking straight up lies in the civilized world's face at press conferences on a daily basis. Watching the Dutch press call out and roast that Trump appointed ambassador for lying was embarrassing to me as an American. It appears that other Americans feel the same about the lying and the chaos as election deniers have taken a beating.

[Image: _120639448_gettyimages-1235366682.jpg]

Straight up lie or behind the scenes lie? This could be a fun game
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 01:24 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Straight up lie or behind the scenes lie? This could be a fun game

Whataboutism appears to be one of the few games Republicans know. It's worked so well for you lately, I guess, so stick with it!
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
This election should have been a slam dunk for Republicans. A midterm election with a Presidenti with negative approval and inflation usually means blow out for his party. So what went so wrong for Republicans that the Democrats will retain the Senate and if they get control of the House it will be by the skin of their teeth. And with this group of Republicans, it will be an unmanageable majority.

Two groups broke strongly for the Democrats. The youth who voted in numbers not seen in 30 years and Independents. And the reasons have very little to do with Donald Trump directly. Granted Independents, especially are sick and tired of the chaos and crazy surrounding Trump and his supporters. The are tired of every Republican showing no backbone and not calling him out when they should have. For many of them Jan 6 and Republican behavior since was the tipping point.
But just as importantly the are sick and tired of

1) the endless and baseless culture wars. They are attacking vulnerable groups of people to score political points.
2) the ceaseless and often meritless attacks on public education…CRT, “groomers”, indoctrination etc. When you ask a Republican for proof of their accusations they have none. Most independent voters are strong supporters of public schools
3) the force fed religious bent of Republican politics. No one cares how they worship God, but don’t interject your beliefs into our lives
4) The Dodd decision. If Republicans thought this issue was going away they were nuts.
5) Republicans HAVE NO SOLUTIONS!!!! This is huge for Independents. They are very good about pointing out issues but offer no solutions to any of them. They have no plans no specifics. Independents may not like the Democrats ideas but at least they have them. We heard a lot of talk about spending the next 2 years exerting to what amounts to political revenge ( can’t wait for the next Benghazi hearing) but nothing other than drill baby drill about how to fix anything they say is broken.

Young People are looking to the future not the past. They are concerned about so many issues Republicans ignore
1) climate changed- people can disagree about the cause but Republicans deny its impact.
2) gun violence- todays youth grew up having active shooter drills like the kids of the 50s had A bomb drills. They want more than thoughts and prayers as a solution
3) like Independents, the endless culture wars. They are far less religious than previous generations and far more accepting of people from all bents in life. The underlying hate that drives culture wars is off putting to them.
4) fear that they will be priced out of education, housing, healthcare

You can’t win the Presidency without these 2 voting blocks. It won’t matter who the Republicans nominate in 2024 if all they do is run again from from the same playbook. People want solutions and they want to see a functioning Congress.
I’m not holding out a lot of hope for either as long as the so-called Freedom caucus is allowed to set the agenda for Republicans.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I had a feeling the youngest demographic came out big for the left when I heard conservatives were floating the idea the minimum voting age needs to be raised.

But again it's nice to return to "people who don't vote like me are morons" after years of "if my side doesn't win it's rigged."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 04:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Anytime I thought Ohio had some bad choices in the election, I realize PA had a carpetbagger talk show snakeoil doctor going against a recent stroke victim.

Vance isn't much better unfortunately 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 09:55 AM)Garrus Wrote: Vance isn't much better unfortunately 

If anyone who doesn't know Fetterman's resume asks me what his deal is I'm going to just say he is a former pro wrestler who took a lot of chair shots to the head but I voted for him because he's gonna put a headlock on inflation, or something. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 01:57 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Whataboutism appears to be one of the few games Republicans know. It's worked so well for you lately, I guess, so stick with it!

Since you didn’t answer for obvious reasons, “Straight up lie to the civilized world’s face” was the correct answer.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:54 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Since you didn’t answer for obvious reasons, “Straight up lie to the civilized world’s face” was the correct answer.

Well if you have any fact checks that they missed, by all means, let's hear them. You act like it's important . . . now.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:32 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well if you have any fact checks that they missed, by all means, let's hear them. You act like it's important . . . now.

They closed up shop and missed them all. That’s the whole point. It’s important no matter who.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:50 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They closed up shop and missed them all. That’s the whole point. It’s important no matter who.

LOL

Right.

Republicans aren't out there trying to fact check Biden? Wow. LOL

And again, I keep repeating myself. It's hilarious how you're concerned about how important fact checking is . . . NOW. 

[Image: 314922080_5728208623906441_7437622391671...e=6372C6F3]

So let me get this straight . . . you think that they fact checked Trump only because he was Republican and not because he was a blatant liar in the most important position on the planet?

If Trump lied or had false/misleading statements only once a month during his presidency like Biden so far, he'd still be President.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I had a feeling the youngest demographic came out big for the left when I heard conservatives were floating the idea the minimum voting age needs to be raised.

But again it's nice to return to "people who don't vote like me are morons" after years of "if my side doesn't win it's rigged."

21 years to vote but 10 to be a mom is OK. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote