Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 OFFICIAL BOARD MOCK DRAFT (ANNOUNCEMENT)
Welcome to the 2022 OFFICIAL Message Board Mock Draft. This is how we do it:

Eligibility:
You must take is seriously and be able to meet all given timelines and actively participate

Must be a “regular” Board Member in good standing

Our friends that are fans of other teams may participate as long as they meet the other requirements.

Our goal is to have maximum participation. If you are an old timer or relatively new, you are welcome, we always have a good time and you get to talk draft with some folks that know what they're talking about (well maybe not everybody).

Execution:
We will do either 3 Rounds in 2 Nights or 3 Rounds in 3 Nights

Dates:
The NFL draft kicks off Thursday 28 April and we usually do ours 1 week prior. So I propose the following 3 options:
1. Tuesday 19 APRIL (RD1) Thursday 21 APRIL (RD2-3)
2. Monday 18 APRIL (RD1) Wednesday 20 APRIL (RD2-3)
3. Tuesday 19 APRIL (RD 1) Wednesday 20 APRIL (RD2) Thursday 21 APRIL (RD 3)

I'M NOT DOING A POLL. Simply reply in this thread which you prefer. Once I get a consensus I'll update the thread. I did not do a weekend option as history has shown they are least preferred, but if that has changed let me know.

Time: Historically we have started around 7:00 PM (EDT) and I'll stick with that unless folks suggest a better time

If you are interested nominate yourself in this thread and list 3 teams you would like to draft for. I have always been able to give someone at least one of their desired, but I cannot promise. The deadline to nominate yourself is 4/08/2022 at Midnight EDT.

I will take one day to sort through and post the GM-team list on 4/10/2022

On 4/11/2022 a separate trade thread will be open, where teams can talk trades and then the trade window will open from 4/11/2022-4/16/2022

I understand if you cannot participate every night for the entire timefram so we will bring back Big Boards this year and GMs will be required to provide Big Boards to the Assistant Commish. I'll leave it up to him when and how he wants these.

Bengals: Don't list them as one of your 3 teams. SYNRIC owned them last year and by tradition he determines who gets them this year. How he does it is entirely up to him. But he must give them up.

Positions Needed:
Trade Arbitrator: I need two people to volunteer to validate trades. Only one must approve each trade, but they will each have veto power. If one is involved in a trade the other adjudicates and I or Ass. Commish  will reserve the right to veto. If both are involved in a trade I will adjudicate and assistant Commish will veto. These people will be responsible to create/monitor the trade thread in this forum. WHATEVER has served in this capacity numerous times in the past.

Assistant Commish: Psychdoctor is the Assistant Commish

DISCORD: Holic has said it will be open for the draft. I've never used it before, but will be more than happy to try. I may need to do a mock-mock a day or so prior

Board Support: In the past a couple folks have provided a "best available list" and updated the draft results throughout the night.

So in closing this is what I need from each GM:
1. "I'm In" and the 3 teams you prefer
2. The dates you prefer
3 Any support duties you're willing to assume.

If you are a long time participant chime in and let me know if I have missed anything. Also feel free to post any thoughts ideas you have be you a regular or a first timer.
Good luck to all and MTF.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Understand when picking your team I always assign them to make total picks as equal as possible. For instance: A lot of folks would like to have KC because they have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds (DAMNIT!!). You may get the Chiefs, but you'll probably also get a team like the Panthers who have 1 pick in the first round.

Reply/Quote
As always I'm in and any team will be fine. Any of the 3 options work as long as it stays after 6pm.

As for the Bengals if anyone has not had them yet or you're new to the Board Mock Draft PM me. I think I was the last of the old school group that had the Bengals so it might just go back to the beginning of thr line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
1. I'm in. Buffalo, Cleveland, Tampa.
2. I'd prefer option 3...which is 1 round a night....Tues, Weds, Thurs
3. I can help in Trade Arbitrations
Reply/Quote
Well it looks like 3 of us to date and I've had a couple of "regulars" bow out. Bumping this to see if we get anymore traffic.

Reply/Quote
I think people are still riding high after the Bengals being in the Super Bowl. Less people are interested in the draft this year for the Bengals... Its a shame.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would consider jumping back into this thing, especially if the discord is open.

I don’t have any team preferences and I would help with trades etc. would prefer to do the draft in as few nights as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I posted a thread about the board mock in JN. Hopefully, it will lead to a few more people wanting to do it. 

I would love to help out and participate, but I'm rarely available in the evening during weekdays anymore.

BTW, for anyone wanting to join the board's discord, you can PM for the link.
Reply/Quote
I’m in
Will take my “local” team - the Jags. If not them, assign me anyone you wish
All dates are fine
Will volunteer for any duties needed
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I would love to do this again. I have a nerdy video game raid Tuesday and Wednesday nights that starts at 9:30. If we start at 7 I should be good to go. I would have to bail at 9:15. I can't remember how long it took in the past but seem to recall it taking forever. So I'm in as long as I can get out by 9:15. If you think it's going to be close or an issue no worries I won't get butt hurt.

Any teams work. Got my draft boards all set up.

I prefer option 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:27 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I would love to do this again. I have a nerdy video game raid Tuesday and Wednesday nights that starts at 9:30. If we start at 7 I should be good to go. I would have to bail at 9:15. I can't remember how long it took in the past but seem to recall it taking forever. So I'm in as long as I can get out by 9:15. If you think it's going to be close or an issue no worries I won't get butt hurt.

Any teams work. Got my draft boards all set up.

I prefer option 2 or 3.

WELCOME BACK HOKIE! I think this discord thing might make it very fast. In the past I've made folks "turn in their card" to me via PM. If the GMs can just announce in a live chat; I can see it going very fast.

Of course some may not be comfortable in the discord thingy (admittedly I know 0 about it) and those folks can still PM me. 

We'll work out the specifics later. So far we've got:

bfine
SYNIC
Goalposts
Run Kijana
CLOEHOKIE

BenZoo is on the fence. 

Reply/Quote
I'd be in.

1. Titans, Ravens, Saints
2. option 1 (Tues-Wed) I may not be able to make Monday depending on time as I usually stay late at work. Sorry.
3. Whatever you need. This is greatly appreciated.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WELCOME BACK HOKIE! I think this discord thing might make it very fast. In the past I've made folks "turn in their card" to me via PM. If the GMs can just announce in a live chat; I can see it going very fast.

Of course some may not be comfortable in the discord thingy (admittedly I know 0 about it) and those folks can still PM me. 

We'll work out the specifics later. So far we've got:

bfine
SYNIC
Goalposts
Run Kijana
CLOEHOKIE

BenZoo is on the fence. 

Sounds good to me!
Reply/Quote
Lets do it! I have been on Discord with Holic, Goose, Au and Synric So Discord will help out if all use voice.
I can do day day 1 option. I recommend keeping it two days because of past attrition of participants.

We need to use only 1 big board, and Bob Jones usually keeps it updated, but Whatever kept the big board last year so I hope either one of those two are here throughout. The Big Board should be a composite but I will let that up to others. I think either Dude or Holic did the initial Big Board last year.

My Teams:
1-charger
2-49ers
3-vikings
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well I never got any interest from anyone about getting the Bengals. Has everyone that signed up had them already?

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 07:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lets do it!  I have been on Discord with Holic, Goose, Au and Synric So Discord will help out if all use voice.  
I can do day day 1 option.  I recommend keeping it two days because of past attrition of participants.  

We need to use only 1 big board, and Bob Jones usually keeps it updated, but Whatever kept the big board last year so I hope either one of those two are here throughout.  The Big Board should be a composite but I will let that up to others.  I think either Dude or Holic did the initial Big Board last year.  

My Teams:
1-charger
2-49ers
3-vikings

I would make a suggestion to at least be thought about.  Round 1 is 32 picks.  Round 2 and 3 are also 32 picks each, and round 3 also has 9 comp picks...dont know if comp picks will be included this year.  So that is 32 picks the first night and potentially 73 the second night...if a two nighter is chosen.  I don't know if anyone is interested in trying to balance those nights more.  Maybe pull some picks scheduled in the 2nd night and put them in the 1st night...maybe like the top 15 of round 2 or something.  

Also Monday night is bad for me.  I'm in a golf league Monday nights.  I can participate in any of the options but on Monday I'd be 'pm'ing my picks ahead of time.  This is for BFine to read also.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 07:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Well I never got any interest from anyone about getting the Bengals. Has everyone that signed up had them already?

Never had them. Thought there was a pick a name out of a hat system for getting them.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, I must miss my first board mock ever this year. My father-in-law passed away recently. My wife has been helping set up the funeral so I've been taking care of the household while she focuses on that. My son's soccer season is also about to start and that will also take my time.

Good luck to all the participants this year and have fun.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 12:31 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Sadly, I must miss my first board mock ever this year. My father-in-law passed away recently. My wife has been helping set up the funeral so I've been taking care of the household while she focuses on that. My son's soccer season is also about to start and that will also take my time.

Good luck to all the participants this year and have fun.

Sorry to hear of the Father-in-Law's passing and I know soccer takes a lot of time. Definitely take care of the family. WTS, if you have the time send me a Big Board for Seattle. The Seahawks have always been Dude's and always will be as long as I have anything to do with the draft. 

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 12:21 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Never had them. Thought there was a pick a name out of a hat system for getting them.

Nope they are passed on and they are now yours. Good Luck.

Reply/Quote