Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022 Starting Offensive Line
(03-03-2022, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you also create 7 new holes in our roster.

Right now I don't believe we even have 51 players under contract.

It's March 3rd.  We haven't hit free agency or the draft.

Waynes has provided almost no return on the investment. Release him and apply the $10M cap savings to a replacement.

As you already stated, releasing Hopkins saves $6M which will offset the cost of his replacement.

When was the last time Gaillard, Spence, or Trayvon Williams were on the active roster? The Bengals can probably sign undrafted college free agents for about $200K less/player to replace them.
Reply/Quote
LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Jackson Carman
C - Bradley Bozeman
RG - James Daniels
RT - Morgan Moses
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Release Waynes, Hopkins, Perine, Gaillard, Spence, Williams, and Prince is another $22 million in cap space.

When you factor in the rookie contracts displacing players in the top 53, you'll get a little more cap space.

They are around $49M right now and can add another $22 million easily for $71M in cap space.

They will leave around 7 million back for in season stuff. No doubt they have to release Hopkins to go get 3 starters. But because of his versatility I doubt they do. Next year for sure. I could be wrong but I think getting 3 new starters in the OL for around 28 million won’t be the route
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 06:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They will leave around 7 million back for in season stuff. No doubt they have to release Hopkins to go get 3 starters. But because of his versatility I doubt they do. Next year for sure. I could be wrong but I think getting 3 new starters in the OL for around 28 million won’t be the route

And 71-7=64.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Release Waynes, Hopkins, Perine, Gaillard, Spence, Williams, and Prince is another $22 million in cap space.

When you factor in the rookie contracts displacing players in the top 53, you'll get a little more cap space.

They are around $49M right now and can add another $22 million easily for $71M in cap space.

Exactly, we can make it work. 

(03-03-2022, 05:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is the unlikely line up I'd like to see

LT J. Williams
LG L. Tomlinson
C Ben Jones
RG J. Daniels, not sure they can pry him away from Chicago, maybe A. Corbett if they can't
RT M. Moses

If PFF's contract projections hold true, the Bengals can afford them. And more.

That is why I expect Corbett to be more likely. Daniels probably stays in Chicago.

(03-03-2022, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman actually had one of his best games of the year vs the Browns at LG and Parham looks to be at his best on the right side (played RT then RG his last two years.)

I know you're going by size but I'm going by footwork.

Believe Carman also played well in filling in for Spain a couple of other games, the Chargers and Chiefs games in the regular
season. He clearly likes the left side of the line better than the right.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman actually had one of his best games of the year vs the Browns at LG and Parham looks to be at his best on the right side (played RT then RG his last two years.)

I know you're going by size but I'm going by footwork.

I see. Thought Parham was closer to 300 than 315. I guess he just looks smaller:

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Friggosrag.com%2Fwp-content...88287.jpeg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok here is mine:

LT- Jonah Williams
LG- Jackson Carmen
C- Brian Allen (Rams)
RG- Mark Glowinski (Colts)
RT- Germain Ifedi (Bears) until the draft pick is ready.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see. Thought Parham was closer to 300 than 315. I guess he just looks smaller:

His in season weight was supposedly 285ish and was supposed to be closer to32inch arms. He came into the Senior Bowl filled out at 313 at 6'2 with 33.5 inch arms. It was one of the underrated weigh ins of the week. Dylan Parham and Zion Johnson were built very similar.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just my opinion but most of you are predicting 3 FA’s for the OL and spending around $28 million. I think that’s very optimistic. Wish it was realistic but I fear it’s not. Add Bates and Uzomah for $20 million. They will hold back around 7 million like last year for in season maneuverability that leaves little for another 15 roster spots. In fact none.

You may be right and then we will be wrong. It is not meant as a debate just put your 5 starters down.

Who do you think will be the starting 5?

LT - ???
LG - ???
C - ???
RG - ???
RT - ???
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:07 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Parham eh?  What round would you have us taking him in? (assume 2nd; I haven't read earlier pages of this thread).   Assuming you followed the Senior Bowl too lol?   Parham seems like an awesome fit for our offense given the scheme he played in @ college.  I would love to land him and hope he stays quasi- under the radar, altho I could see his stock climbing.  

Don't forget to add your starting 5.

LT - ???
LG - ???
C - ???
RG - ???
RT - ???
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: LT: Terron Armstead
LG: Jonah Williams (Move from LT)
C:  Ryan Jensen
RG: Brandon Scherff
RT: Daniel Faalele

I am hoping you are the winner. You would make a great GM if you are right.

That would be a great line.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is the unlikely line up I'd like to see

LT J. Williams
LG L. Tomlinson
C Ben Jones
RG J. Daniels, not sure they can pry him away from Chicago, maybe A. Corbett if they can't
RT M. Moses

If PFF's contract projections hold true, the Bengals can afford them. And more.

It is not what you want to see it what you think you will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 07:10 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: You may be right and then we will be wrong. It is not meant as a debate just put your 5 starters down.

Who do you think will be the starting 5?

LT - ???
LG - ???
C - ???
RG - ???
RT - ???

LT Williams
LG Spain/Carman
C Ben Jones
G James Daniels
RT Reiff/ Raimann

Reserves
Hopkins
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 09:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LT Williams
LG Spain/Carman
C Ben Jones
G James Daniels
RT Reiff/ Raimann

Reserves
Hopkins

You can't have either or you need to pick one or the other.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 07:16 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: It is not what you want to see it what you think you will see.

Fine. Remember you asked. What I think I’ll see is disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 09:06 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: You can't have either or you need to pick one or the other.

My starter is the first one but it’s either or. If you notice I only have 1 reserve. That’s because where I have 2 the second one is the targeted reserve. But I did it that way for a reason. I think it’s a battle.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 05:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: LT: Terron Armstead
LG: Jonah Williams (Move from LT)
C: Ryan Jensen
RG: Brandon Scherff
RT: Daniel Faalele

Not happening. The Bengals have changed their ways in FA, but not that much. Absolutely no way Mike Brown pays top dollar for an OG on the wrong side of 30.

Reply/Quote
LT Jonah Williams
LG Quinton Spain
C Bradley Bozeman
RG James Daniels (hope)
RT Morgan Moses

Subs: G/T J.Carman, T/G D.Smith, T I.Prince, C/G Cade Mays, C T.Hill

I'm debating finances here. I think they let Spain sit on the market and when Quinton doesn't get the 6M the agent thinks he is worth, he comes back to the Bengals for 4M/yr with not much past year 2 guaranteed. Then he and Carman battle. That or Moses prices himself out, we get a LG like C.Williams and we have a Smith, Carman, top 4 rd T battle at RT. I'll play it safe and go with what's above, giving the money that would have gone to Spain towards CB with Schofield being a solid backup for cheap.

EDIT: My 5 was already taken, putting Spain back in.
Reply/Quote
My guess:

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Spain/Carman (I know supposed to pick one but I just feel like they will have a "camp" battle.
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - James Daniels
RT - D'Ante Smith

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:35 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: My guess:

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Spain/Carman
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - Mike Daniels
RT - D'Ante Smith
As much as we would like unfortunately, we cannot have 2 at LG. 
You need to decide which one will start.
Reply/Quote