Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022 Starting Offensive Line
(03-04-2022, 11:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This would be fantastic, sadly the most unrealistic lineup mentioned.

What? He only has about $50 million worth of FA’s there. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
My prediction:
Jonah lt
Carman lg
Jensen c
Zion Johnson rg
Moses rt

My hope is Daniels at rg and the rest is the same. Hopkins is cut and pick 31 is used elsewhere such as cb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:28 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: My prediction:
Jonah lt
Carman lg
Jensen c
Zion Johnson rg
Moses rt

My hope is Daniels at rg and the rest is the same. Hopkins is cut and pick 31 is used elsewhere such as cb

Well that would be solid
Reply/Quote
It would be pretty ironic if the Bengals signed 3 new high-end starters...and relied on Jackson Carman to start. We could end up spending A LOT of money and still having a bad line.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:28 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: My prediction:
Jonah lt
Carman lg
Jensen c
Zion Johnson rg
Moses rt

My hope is Daniels at rg and the rest is the same.  Hopkins is cut and pick 31 is used elsewhere such as cb

Wow, I came in the thread to post the exact lineup.   Not necessarily my wish list, but was my guess for the hell of it since I was asked to.   It would certainly seem to be an improvement though I believe.   Zion Johnson certainly seems to fit the scheme, and someone who shouldn't have too steep of a learning curve as a rook.  
*I also could totally see them falling in love with Tyler Smith though which would change this bc of the Zion pick. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 01:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be pretty ironic if the Bengals signed 3 new high-end starters...and relied on Jackson Carman to start. We could end up spending A LOT of money and still having a bad line.

If we add 3 "high end starters" plus Jonah Williams then Carman will not be bad enough to ruin our O-line.

Or Carman could end up playing better than anyone we sign in free agency.  I could probably list 100 very good NFL players who struggled as rookies.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 02:21 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Wow, I came in the thread to post the exact lineup.   Not necessarily my wish list, but was my guess for the hell of it since I was asked to.   It would certainly seem to be an improvement though I believe.   Zion Johnson certainly seems to fit the scheme, and someone who shouldn't have too steep of a learning curve as a rook.  
*I also could totally see them falling in love with Tyler Smith though which would change this bc of the Zion pick. 
Posting the exact lineup is what I was asking for.
Reply/Quote
LT Armstead
LG Jonah
C Jensen
RG Daniels
RT Moses
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 01:55 AM)phil413 Wrote: Their position weakness drew national attention to debate not taking a slam dunk plug and play star in Chase.  It then drew global attention on the biggest stage as the reason they lost the elusive trophy.  

They knew they had to rebuild the run defense and then defense in general the last 2 years and did so by going against former practices.  If this was 2018 I'd agree with your logic but they will not let this happen.

The draft has corners and they'll have to forsake a quality backup UT if it means "hoping" for your kids to get significantly better and fix things.  They have to get at least 2 starters in FA.  If you win this bet, this will be a very long half year.  

I completely agree Phil. They will do more than what Murdock said for these reasons. The Draft where they could of took Sewell
over Chase and the Superbowl where we were clearly the better team except for the O-line where we were completely outmatched.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: LT Armstead
LG Jonah
C Jensen
RG Daniels
RT Moses

This is what I wish would happen. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
As per my mock:

LT - Jonah
LG - Carmen
C - James Daniels
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Morgan Moses
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:35 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: My guess:

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Spain/Carman (I know supposed to pick one but I just feel like they will have a "camp" battle.
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - James Daniels
RT - D'Ante Smith

I am not going to lie, would love to see this work out but curious id Smith will be able to handle the RT role.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 01:55 AM)phil413 Wrote:  They have to get at least 2 starters in FA.  

We are losing 2 starters to free agency (Reiff, Spain).  I don't know of anyone saying we won't at least replace them in free agency.  And I think most people expect at minimum second tier guys at $5+ million.

The question is how much more we do than that.
Reply/Quote
I suppose I'll throw a different spin on it:
Jonah Williams
Cam Robinson
Ryan Jensen
Quinton Spain
Jackson Carman
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:59 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: As per my mock:

LT - Jonah
LG - Carmen
C - James Daniels
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Morgan Moses

This would not be too costly.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 08:51 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: This would not be too costly.

Affordable, vast improvement, allows for signings to other areas (Bates, 3T, rotationals)
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we add 3 "high end starters" plus Jonah Williams then Carman will not be bad enough to ruin our O-line.

Or Carman could end up playing better than anyone we sign in free agency.  I could probably list 100 very good NFL players who struggled as rookies.

Depends on how bad he actually is. If he's actually a guy who can't beat out Adeniji and Prince, then he could 100% ruin the OL. I look to Ogbuehi as an example. 

It's true you can hide a subpar/mediocre guy on an otherwise good OL, but you can't hide a terrible guy anywhere in the NFL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:59 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: As per my mock:

LT - Jonah
LG - Carmen
C - James Daniels
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Morgan Moses

Wouldn’t mind this. I like seeing submissions without Spain penciled in, as I don’t think he should be a lock unless the money is right.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are losing 2 starters to free agency (Reiff, Spain).  I don't know of anyone saying we won't at least replace them in free agency.  And I think most people expect at minimum second tier guys at $5+ million.

The question is how much more we do than that.

I think we will sign either Reiif or Spain and maybe both.

Jonah Williams, D'Ante Smith, Jackson Carmen, Trey Hill, Isiah Smith and Hakeem Adenji are all guys we will try and develop.
Riley Reiff or Quinton Spain will be resigned. That leaves 3 free agents. or draft picks. If we do not sign Trey Hopkins then someone like Ryan Jensen will have to be signed. That then leaves 2. If it was me I could not go into next season with only an upgrade at Center. That means at least 1 more FA has to be signed. After spending 13 Mil on Ryan Jensen & 7.5 Mil on Reiff or Spain the Bengals will probably take a mid tier FA like Norwell, C Williqams or M Glowinski. They then will draft 1 off lineman.

Would we trade Jonah Williams to the Texans for Tunsil?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 02:51 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: It is not necessary who you want but who you think they will be.

Fill out the 5 positions with who you think will be the Opening day starting 5 for 2022.

Here is my prediction.

LT - Jonah Williams (I was tempted with a Jonah Williams trade for Tunsil)
LG - Connor Williams
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - Jackson Carmen
RT - Trent Brown

We will come back to this thread at a later date to see if any one got it right.

Good luck!

Im impressed with the money you made last season. My advice bet on a SB rematch Id bet on us winning could pay pretty well. I made a little last season as well
Reply/Quote