Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-28-2023, 09:15 PM)matmaven Wrote: Washington way, way, way more athletic.  Sounds like medicals may be a concern though.

I wish someone would provide some substance to this claim rather than just wild speculation about a medical issue.
Reply/Quote
Keion don’t look happy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:08 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Unfortunate run on TEs. I don't want washington, he screams drew sample 2.0 to me

I was critical of Washington's lack of production to back up his physical measurables, but I don't see the comparison. Washington had nearly as many yards in 2022 as Drew Sample did in his 4 year college career combined. Sample had just 10.6 yards per catch in college, is 2" shorter, 10lb lighter, has 1.5" smaller hands (huge difference), 1" shorter arms, is slower, is much less agile, is less strong, and played in the Pac-12.

Not totally Washington's fault he was stuck behind the best TE in the nation who will probably be a top-10, possibly top-5, pick next year. 

(04-28-2023, 09:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Man, the Lions FO is really excited for every single one of their picks.

Better than the alternative, I suppose. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why? I will ask again since you gave no answer rather just deflection.

Because he a blocking 1st te. There were like 5 catches in that video and they were mostly against bad teams. Can draft a blocking te later in the draft
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:15 PM)matmaven Wrote: Washington way, way, way more athletic.  Sounds like medicals may be a concern though.

Quote: Albert Breer reported that Washington is "in play" Friday night. However, according to WalterFootball.com, several teams "red-flagged" Washington and dropped him off the board. Washington suffered a foot injury in the lead-up to the 2021 season opener against Clemson as well as in the spring of 2022.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/report-darnell-washington-could-slide-due-to-medical-concerns

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Halfway to us:

1) 8 of Fine 15 left: D. Jones, Mauch, C. Smith, Washington, Kraft, Hyatt, Benton, Torrence
2) 3 of Happy 5: Turner, Stevenson, Schmitz
3) 8 of 'meh' 8
your list is spot on.....corssing them off as they get drafted
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:08 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Unfortunate run on TEs. I don't want washington, he screams drew sample 2.0 to me

LOL. Washington catches passes one handed. Sample can't catch them with two.
Reply/Quote
Who hoo! White to NE. More DEs, please.

Time for Hooker and some LBs to start going.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:19 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: LOL. Washington catches passes one handed. Sample can't catch them with two.

that doesnt make him a good receiver

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:19 PM)CincyKid Wrote: your list is spot on.....corssing them off as they get drafted

Cody Mauch is going to the Tampa Bucs.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:17 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I wish someone would provide some substance to this claim rather than just wild speculation about a medical issue.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/report-darnell-washington-could-slide-due-to-medical-concerns

I think he would be a fantastic fit if healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Better than the alternative, I suppose. Lol

It's like they've smashed 4 large black coffees and chased it with a ton of Red Bull. I'm expecting to see Campbell eating the wall during their next pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:19 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: LOL. Washington catches passes one handed. Sample can't catch them with two.

Nor run without falling down after he does. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 09:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was critical of Washington's lack of production to back up his physical measurables, but I don't see the comparison. Washington had nearly as many yards in 2022 as Drew Sample did in his 4 year college career combined. Sample had just 10.6 yards per catch in college, is 2" shorter, 10lb lighter, has 1.5" smaller hands (huge difference), 1" shorter arms, is slower, is much less agile, is less strong, and played in the Pac-12.

Not totally Washington's fault he was stuck behind the best TE in the nation who will probably be a top-10, possibly top-5, pick next year. 

Better than the alternative, I suppose. Lol

Not a fan of blocking 1st te in the 2nd. Hes better that sample in that regard, but he also has medical concerns too doesn't he? 
Reply/Quote
Anyone saying Darnell Washington was just a "blocking TE" couldnt be more wrong. He was a weapon as a blocker and a big play threat.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'd be happy here with either Charbonnet or Washington. One makes sure we can finally cut Joe Mixon, and the other makes sure Drew Sample isn't starting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bla I have a bad feeling this Steelers pick will be Keeanu Benton and I dont want to see that
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The way the picks are falling, looking more like a CB at 60.
Reply/Quote
Washington with another corner, but ruining my day this time, going iff list with Witherspoon's partner from Illinois.

Good player. I like Smith better, though.
Reply/Quote
Squeelers take Keenau Benton DL Wisconsin
Reply/Quote