Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
Isaac Curtis The Real #85 Should start the first response to this thread. He will start each thread of all group assessments for 2023 draft prospects. He will post numbers, caps, players very helpful information. After Isaac post his numbers, then and only then can any board member list there prospect and synopsis of a players strengths, weaknesses, and why you feel he would fit this Bengal team.

I think it would help to project round, player they would replace, strengths and weakness.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I suppose it's now time to have an increasing interest in RBs with the Mixon news coming out.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 09:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose it's now time to have an increasing interest in RBs with the Mixon news coming out.

I already was given RBs higher interest.

If ballsy, Bijan in 1. Otherwise:

Charbonnet or Gibbs in 2

Spears or Achane in 3 (though Achane is tiny). Spears may even require pick in 2nd after this week in Senior Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 09:47 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I already was given RBs higher interest.

Charbonnet or Gibbs in 2

Spears or Achane in 3 (though Achane is tiny). Spears may even require pick in 2nd after this week in Senior Bowl.

I don’t think there’s any way Gibbs makes it to our 2nd round pick. I’d be thrilled with him in the first.
Reply/Quote
So how high do you take Tyjae Spears now? Would you take him over guys like Kenny McIntosh and Chase Brown?

Spears is still a smaller back so his workload will be less. His pass blocking is a work in progress putting it lightly. Going into year one he's a weapon you could probably use for 12 to 15 touches a game... but what you could get from those 12 touches could change the game because of that explosiveness and speed.

EDIT: Also if the Bengals take someone like Spears or say MacIntosh do they count on Perine ina RBBC or do they completely rebuild the room and take Chris Rodriguez jr or Camerun Peoples late as a match set?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:37 AM)Synric Wrote: So how high do you take Tyjae Spears now? Would you take him over guys like Kenny McIntosh and Chase Brown?

Spears is still a smaller back so his workload will be less. His pass blocking is a work in progress putting it lightly. Going into year one he's a weapon you could probably use for 12 to 15 touches a game... but what you could get from those 12 touches could change the game because of that explosiveness and speed.

EDIT: Also if the Bengals take someone like Spears or say MacIntosh do they count on Perine ina RBBC or do they completely rebuild the room and take Chris Rodriguez jr or Camerun Peoples late as a match set?

Or do they look at Charbonnet as a complete cow-bell in 2?

I still go RBBC with Perine and draft Spears in 3/4. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:37 AM)Synric Wrote: So how high do you take Tyjae Spears now? Would you take him over guys like Kenny McIntosh and Chase Brown?

Kick Joe Mixon after June 1st.  Sign peyine to a 3-year deal.  Sign Spears 5th round
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 09:47 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I already was given RBs higher interest.

Charbonnet or Gibbs in 2

(02-02-2023, 10:00 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I don’t think there’s any way Gibbs makes it to our 2nd round pick.  I’d be thrilled with him in the first.

I dont see anyway that we can afford the luxury of a RB in the 1st round, way too expensive for what we have coming down the road.

Reply/Quote

(02-03-2023, 02:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Kick Joe Mixon after June 1st.  Sign peyine to a 3-year deal.  Sign Spears 5th round

I like Spears a lot but these are good points, we would almost have to sign Perine to be the workhorse. 

I'm not sure Spears will be available in the 5th Rd...

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont see anyway that we can afford the luxury of a RB in the 1st round, way too expensive for what we have coming down the road.

Agreed, that's why I said only Bijan if they wanted to be ballsy.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Kick Joe Mixon after June 1st.  Sign peyine to a 3-year deal.  Sign Spears 5th round

If you watched any of the Senior Bowl practices early in the week you know that he isn't going to be there in the 5th. A team will jump up to get him anywhere after the 3rd round. This kid is a weapon!  He has Andy Reid and Sean Payton written all over him. I pray they don't get their hands on him.  
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I like Spears a lot but these are good points, we would almost have to sign Perine to be the workhorse. 

I'm not sure Spears will be available in the 5th Rd...

I agree! Highly doubtful after what he showed the scouts this week.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 06:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If you watched any of the Senior Bowl practices early in the week you know that he isn't going to be there in the 5th. A team will jump up to get him anywhere after the 3rd round. This kid is a weapon!  He has Andy Reid and Sean Payton written all over him. I pray they don't get their hands on him.  

Well, if that is the case, Bengals may have to trade back up into 4th to get him.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

I'm a big Chase Brown fan. A couple of things that really stick out to me about him is how quickly he identifies, then accelerates...and also how he always fights through contact, often leading to be runs. He improved as a receiver once he started getting more opportunities, and even though he still needs work as far as pass pro, he's very willing and should benefit from NFL coaching. 

I could definitely see him a one hell of an option to pair with Perine if they do cut Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm a big Chase Brown fan. A couple of things that really stick out to me about him is how quickly he identifies, then accelerates...and also how he always fights through contact, often leading to be runs. He improved as a receiver once he started getting more opportunities, and even though he still needs work as far as pass pro, he's very willing and should benefit from NFL coaching. 

I could definitely see him a one hell of an option to pair with Perine if they do cut Mixon.

Brown to me is slow to the hole though.  Once at the hole he takes off and is really quick but man, he gets to the hole slow.  I think Brown is my favorite pick outside of Robinson, Chardonnet and maybe spears.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Big fan of Keandre Miller. Guy hits the hole hard and is quick as lightning. One he'll of a pass protector as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Brown to me is slow to the hole though.  Once at the hole he takes off and is really quick but man, he gets to the hole slow.  I think Brown is my favorite pick outside of Robinson, Chardonnet and maybe spears.  

That could just be his style, in allowing the play to develop/the hole to open, rather than zipping up and running into the backs of his blockers before there is a clear lane defined.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont see anyway that we can afford the luxury of a RB in the 1st round, way too expensive for what we have coming down the road.

On the flip side, taking a RB in Rd 1 usually results in a starting-caliber RB right from the get-go.
You'd potentially have your starter RB for 4-5 years and not have to spend big $$ on them.
Once their rookie contract is done, you can tag maybe once if they're really good, or just draft another guy.
The saved money on the RB position can be repurposed to other positions that are arguably better to put toward veterans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: On the flip side, taking a RB in Rd 1 usually results in a starting-caliber RB right from the get-go.
You'd potentially have your starter RB for 4-5 years and not have to spend big $$ on them.
Once their rookie contract is done, you can tag maybe once if they're really good, or just draft another guy.
The saved money on the RB position can be repurposed to other positions that are arguably better to put toward veterans.

This was actually my idea prior to this past season.  However, right tackle is such a hole I fear it must be addressed as I dont see LC being ready or have any idea if he comes back improved....  if I knew we could get Bijon in the 1st and Wright, Duncan, or Johnson in the 2nd, I'd be all for it, especially if we are letting Mixon go.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 02:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This was actually my idea prior to this past season.  However, right tackle is such a hole I fear it must be addressed as I dont see LC being ready or have any idea if he comes back improved....  if I knew we could get Bijon in the 1st and Wright, Duncan, or Johnson in the 2nd, I'd be all for it, especially if we are letting Mixon go.

Robinson is about the only guy I'd want to give up a 1st rounder for at RB. Dude is a stud.
With that said, we're seeing guys come into the league and contribute well as rookies and they're being taken later than Rd 1 or Rd 2 even.
Look at Dameon Pierce, who was a 4th rounder last year. Dude put up nearly 1000 yards at 4.3 YPC in just 13 games.

I'm with you on looking at the trenches for the 1st round this year, but I do see the appeal to have that 5th year option so you're having one more year on the rookie contract. It's a substantial increase in that 5th year, but it's not as big of a hit as signing an expensive veteran.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote