Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 RB Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(03-06-2023, 12:05 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: 2022 pass blocking grades for this years RB class, incuding the number of attempts.

Travis Dye                   68.4        73
Roschon Johnson         67.4        38
Chase Brown               65.1       106 
DeWayne McBride        64.4        79
Sean Tucker                 64.2        29

Chris Rodriguez           59.9         30
Bijan Robinson            59.0         60
Tank Bigsby                58.9         31
Tajae Spears               53.9         71  

Kendre Miller                43.3        35
Izzy Abanikanda           37.7         61
Mohaned Ibraham        33.1        46
Zach Charbonet            32.9        25
Zach Evans                  32.9        19

Devon Achane              27.7        67
Eric Gray                     27.5         43
Kenny McIntosh           26.6         22
Evan Hull                     23.7        42
Jahmyr Gibbs               21.0        32
Keaton Mitchell             17.4        45

This is what I am going off of OSUfan. Spears is significantly better than Gibbs, I will say that. This also shows that Charbonnet isn't 
near as good in pass pro as I thought he was, who I actually watched play a lot and thought different from what I saw.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1gFNKtuvg

^FSU Highlights

Really stands out, he could have been special if he stayed at FSU or say played for another top school.
Reply/Quote
If we are looking to draft a RB round 3+, I really really like Tank Bigsby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2edWPMkJ8M&t=57s
Reply/Quote
I think the one criticism I heard of Chase Brown is that he takes pretty long to hit the LOS which would be an issue at the NFL level. Wouldn't mind drafting him in later rounds (5+), would be a good ST contributor and can catch the ball but I think there are better RB this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 05:08 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1gFNKtuvg

^FSU Highlights

Really stands out, he could have been special if he stayed at FSU or say played for another top school.

I see a talented RB for sure when watching Laborn. Hard to tackle, nice cut back ability, can hit the home run and plays physical with 
great balance. Thank for this, I watched the Marshall film as well, fun RB to watch that also shown he can catch the ball out of the 
backfield. Don't know how good of a pass protector he is though, and the off field problems make me think we won't draft him, but 
late he might be an option and could be a steal.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what I am going off of OSUfan. Spears is significantly better than Gibbs, I will say that. This also shows that Charbonnet isn't 
near as good in pass pro as I thought he was, who I actually watched play a lot and thought different from what I saw.

That is an extremely deceiving document wherever it came from. Sean Tucker had a relatively high grade but his attempts are very low because he is not a good pass protector at all which is why he was not asked to do it. What you must also consider when looking at that number are the other traits that go along with each back. Take McBride for instance. Really good pass blocking grade with a good amount of attempts but there are ball security concerns that have been mentioned with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 05:32 PM)OSUfan Wrote: That is an extremely deceiving document wherever it came from. Sean Tucker had a relatively high grade but his attempts are very low because he is not a good pass protector at all which is why he was not asked to do it. What you must also consider when looking at that number are the other traits that go along with each back. Take McBride for instance. Really good pass blocking grade with a good amount of attempts but there are ball security concerns that have been mentioned with him.

Holic posted it in this thread, must be PFF grades. But yeah, have to take everything into account. I will have to watch some Tulane
games if they have them on youtube so I can watch Spears directly in pass pro. His grade isn't bad from what that says. According to 
those, Chase Brown may be the best in pass pro of this class who I obviously really like.

No to McBride for the ball security concerns, one thing about Mixon, he isn't a fumbler. 
Reply/Quote
Laborn also showed up in a Lamborghini for his signing day, was pretty entertaining.

According to Reddit: “Read an Athletic article today saying he was driving for Uber and working at a lumberyard not long before landing with Marshall.”
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 05:15 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: If we are looking to draft a RB round 3+, I really really like Tank Bigsby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2edWPMkJ8M&t=57s

Really like this film, Tank reminds me of Jamaal Charles from back in the day here. Smooth, hits the hole quick with good vision and has 
good hands out of the backfield and can take it the distance just like Laborn without the off field problems. All for Tank Bigsby in the 3rd
or 4th round and he went against elite SEC defenses.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really like this film, Tank reminds me of Jamaal Charles from back in the day here. Smooth, hits the hole quick with good vision and has 
good hands out of the backfield and can take it the distance just like Laborn without the off field problems. All for Tank Bigsby in the 3rd

Yeah Tank and then Rodriguez late would be a nice combo.
Reply/Quote
I like Tank also as a possible every down back. He’s looked at as a sleeper by some who has potential to translate his game really well into the NFL. I also really like Keaton Mitchell as Darren Sproles like change of pace, screen pass and dump off back. He’s electric on film but he’s facing lower competition at East Carolina so it’s a little hard to tell. I would assume Mixon is gone at this point and I was surprised by his 60 catches last year at a 7.3 years average(I’ve never loved him as a receiving back). That’s a lot of production to replace.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 08:40 PM)Justin1462 Wrote: I like Tank also as a possible every down back. He’s looked at as a sleeper by some who has potential to translate his game really well into the NFL.  I also really like Keaton Mitchell as Darren Sproles like change of pace, screen pass and dump off back. He’s electric on film but he’s facing lower competition at East Carolina so it’s a little hard to tell. I would assume Mixon is gone at this point and I was surprised by his 60 catches last year at a 7.3 years average(I’ve never loved him as a receiving back).  That’s a lot of production to replace.

Nice call on Keaton Mitchell. Another RB to look at that might be a steal simply because of the smaller school. Would be awesome to get a 
Darren Sproles type RB after a complete Back like Tank Bigsby.
Reply/Quote
There is a kid right now that the Bengals need to be immediately on the phone with if he goes undrafted as projected and that is Deneric Prince from Tulsa. Good size and speed and has some abilities that may well be able to be developed.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really like this film, Tank reminds me of Jamaal Charles from back in the day here. Smooth, hits the hole quick with good vision and has 

Actually, some of the analysis on Bigsby points to his receiving skills as a weakness and the NFL draft profile terms it that he has stiff hands as a receiver and that he would offer little value on third downs.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tank-bigsby/32004249-4773-2544-d042-8e63f2fc44d8
Reply/Quote
I may be in the minority, but I think Mixon stays one more year and any draft pick is either a Perine replacement or an Evans upgrade. Unless Bijan falls to us.
Reply/Quote