Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Ring of Honor Inductees
(07-20-2023, 11:04 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with him on the process. It's supid and he's most likely right. A lot of season ticket holders have most likely never seen him play. 

(07-20-2023, 11:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and if you going to be in the Ring of Honor, you have to respect the team and process..  I understand the quality of player Dillion was but the Ring of Honor is not just about stats...what he should do is ask to have his name taken off the ballot if he is not upset about the process and organization....  

The Lotus Evija is a nice car but you should never give one to a child.

knowhwatimean?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Happy for two well-deserving ambassadors of Bengals football. Boomer was our QB when I first became a fan, and I was amazed at his play action play. I may be Bengals-biased but NO ONE in my recent memory sold the play action pass like Boomer. Chad made Bengals football fun again. Those toe tap sideline catches were a thing of beauty and his River Dance celebration will always be my favorite TD celebration of all time!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
If I were a season ticket holder, I'd give some consideration to voting for Corey Dillon, but would probably vote for Lemar Parrish and Bob Johnson in 2024, and then Dillon (if he doesn't get in in 2024) and either Bob Johnson (assuming he doesn't get in in 2024) or Reggie Williams in 2025. A lot of the same people who did the research and promotion for Ken Riley's Hall of Fame candidacy are doing the same for Parrish, and while some of Parrish's greater accomplishments were with other teams, enough were with the Bengals that I think he gets in next year. As for Bob Johnson, since he's the only Bengal to get his number retired, he should be in the Ring of Honor fairly soon.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Interesting as he played mostly under Marvin Harris. I’m sure Kate and the granddaughters have impacted but I’d guess he’s talking about Zac here.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
In case anyone missed the induction ceremony:

https://www.bengals.com/video/chad-johnson-boomer-esiason-ring-of-honor-class-of-2023-induction-ceremony
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 06:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: In case anyone missed the induction ceremony:

https://www.bengals.com/video/chad-johnson-boomer-esiason-ring-of-honor-class-of-2023-induction-ceremony

Very nice, thanks for posting.

Reading through this there was a lot of back-and-forth regarding Corey.  I was in PBS when they played Denver and he dropped 278 on them to break the NFL rushing record at the start of yet another shit season.  Many days he was one of the few - if not the only - bright spots on the field, and I truly appreciate that.  But for me, the greatest consideration is time, as in who has the least of it left?  Who might not be around five years from now to enjoy the honor and receive the accolades from the organization and fans.  I don't want a family to have to stand there without the player as the HOF made Ken Riley's family do.  Get the older guys first.  My .02. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2023, 11:00 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: actually if you listened to Dillions comments, he is still living in the past... "Bengals are smart. I give it to them. We will put it in the hands of the season-ticket holders, so they don't have to take that backlash over who the voters are picking. That's bulls---. The s--- should come straight from the team. Half these season-ticket holder people never seen half of us play." 

I guess he does not know that a over 50% of ticket holders now are since he started playing for the bengals.. hmmm

I agree with him. Some season ticket holders can't even spell "Dillon" correctly. Smirk

Tbh, I've never had season tickets and I'd bet I know more about this team's history than 99% of season ticket holders. Loving the team, having lots of disposable income and living near the stadium doesn't make you more knowledable.

Let's be honest, the Browns handed that to season ticket holders as a carrot, not because they're best suited for the job. That would most likely be local sports media and former players.

I'm not saying this to be insulting. It's just truth.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 06:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: In case anyone missed the induction ceremony:

Thank you. I was literally about to ask if someone had this.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote