Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Schedule is strong - our key free agents to focus on the rest of the season
As we watch the rest of this season unfold we have some key free agents at the end of the season and we won't be able to keep them all. We have a tough schedule next season, keep a close eye on these guys and their backups. Do we have a LB that can step in for Pratt and be as effective? Can Dax be a high level replacement for Bates or Bell? RBs and TEs are almost all FAs.

2023 Schedule Highlights:
Rams at home
Seahawks at home
Vikings at home (assuming Vikings win the NFCN)
Bills at home (assuming Bills win the AFCE)
Cardinals away
49ers away
Titans away
Chiefs away (assuming Chiefs win the AFCW)

Key Free Agents:
Pratt

Defensive Backs
Bell
Bates
Apple

Running Backs
Perine
T Williams

Tight Ends
Hurst
Sample
Wilcox

Wide Receiver
Taylor
Irwin

Long Snapper
Adomitis & Harris

For the inevitable poster that will shun this post because you cannot mentally discuss next season while we are still playing this year, don't be a Karen, none of us are actually playing or coaching.

Reply/Quote
Other games next year:

Texans at home
Colts at home
Jaguars away

Ravens, Steelers, Ravens twice each

Reply/Quote
You are assuming the Bengals win the division I take it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bye Bates keep Bell. Bye Sample. Can’t imagine the Trent’s cost much.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You are assuming the Bengals win the division I take it.

Of course......!

If not Chargers (maybe Raiders) instead of Chiefs
Lions or Packers instead of Vikings
Dolphins instead of Bills.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Bye Bates keep Bell. Bye Sample. Can’t imagine the Trent’s cost much.

Agree with this, cut ties with Bates and Sample and try and retain the rest and draft another TE.  

Maybe Harris becomes a casualty as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: As we watch the rest of this season unfold we have some key free agents at the end of the season and we won't be able to keep them all. We have a tough schedule next season, keep a close eye on these guys and their backups. Do we have a LB that can step in for Pratt and be as effective? Can Dax be a high level replacement for Bates or Bell? RBs and TEs are almost all FAs.

2023 Schedule Highlights:
Rams at home
Seahawks at home
Vikings at home (assuming Vikings win the NFCN)
Bills at home (assuming Bills win the AFCE)
Cardinals away
49ers away
Titans away
Chiefs away (assuming Chiefs win the AFCW)

Key Free Agents:
Pratt

Defensive Backs
Bell
Bates
Apple

Running Backs
Perine
T Williams

Tight Ends
Hurst
Sample
Wilcox

Wide Receiver
Taylor
Irwin

Long Snapper
Adomitis & Harris

For the inevitable poster that will shun this post because you cannot mentally discuss next season while we are still playing this year, don't be a Karen, none of us are actually playing or coaching.

You do know it was entirely possible to make this post without insulting other fans, right?

Nonetheless, I think we’re in pretty good shape with Dax and CTB.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 03:19 AM)basballguy Wrote: You do know it was entirely possible to make this post without insulting other fans, right?

Nonetheless, I think we’re in pretty good shape with Dax and CTB.

Interesting you were the one upset with this....

Reply/Quote
Key Free Agents:
Pratt - Resign

Defensive Backs
Bell - Absolutely resign, he's a leader
Bates - Almost assuredly gone, we drafted potential replacements and just looking at who we need to resign this year and next a cut needs to be made somewhere.
Apple - Resign, hate me if you want, but most likely he would cost something decent and at the right price I would want him back.

Running Backs
Perine - Resign, if he gets a lot of carries and continues to do well he may go elsewhere.
T Williams - Resign, I don't see him being costly.

Tight Ends
Hurst - Resign, hoping his fire for the game and seemingly love of the team itself he won't command a contract quite like CJ.
Sample - Resign, I think we could get him for a good price. This is assuming we still need him as a blocking TE and don't have other options.
Wilcox - Don't care

Wide Receiver
Taylor - Resign, shouldn't be expensive.
Irwin - Resign, shouldn't be expensive.

Long Snapper
Adomitis - Resign [Harris is getting older and Cal seems to be playing well right?]

I only see Pratt and Bell commanding a lot of money. Maybe Hurst we will just have to wait and see. The rest seem like they can be brought back at fair enough deals. [Besides Bates]
Reply/Quote
I was going to come in and say we should sign someone and use some of our leftover cap to front load some deals and lock up Pratt and Bell with a xmas present. But apparently we have almost maxed out the cap

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

I did not realize
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:05 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Interesting you were the one upset with this....

Are ya'll really going to derail a thread bitching about something so worthless?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was going to come in and say we should sign someone and use some of our leftover cap to front load a deal. But apparently we have almost maxed out the cap

If the Saints, Steelers and other teams have shown me anything its that the cap means nothing. The only question is are we smart enough to maneuver around it? 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was going to come in and say we should sign someone and use some of our leftover cap to front load some deals and lock up Pratt and Bell with a xmas present. But apparently we have almost maxed out the cap

I did not realize

Hate seeing Trae Waynes as a $5M cap hit still.... 

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:11 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: If the Saints, Steelers and other teams have shown me anything its that the cap means nothing. The only question is are we smart enough to maneuver around it? 

Pretty sure it has less to do with smarts and more about available cash to put into escrow.  We are extremely limited at this time.

Reply/Quote
I am hoping Pratt won't be too expensive, as off the ball LBs tend to be much cheaper than pass rushing LBs, however he is becoming a playmaker so his price is definitely increasing.

Bell I think is a must, especially with Bates almost certainly leaving, we need that veteran presence to help Dax next season.

I would like to resign Hurst, he is older so I doubt he will cost too much anyway.

Resign Perine if you can. and both Trents as well.

Oh and Cal too
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I'd be shocked if they get Bates back. Sample, ummm unless they can sign him pretty cheap I doubt they bring him back. I'd say they'll try and sign Hurst back and draft a TE on the 2nd day.

Perine I hope they can resign at decent price ? If they can get Apple back without breaking the bank, do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Hate seeing Trae Waynes as a $5M cap hit still.... 

Free money Waynes still getting his.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Key Free Agents:
Pratt

Defensive Backs
Bell
Bates
Apple

Running Backs
Perine
T Williams

Tight Ends
Hurst
Sample
Wilcox

Wide Receiver
Taylor
Irwin

Long Snapper
Adomitis & Harris

Priorities for me would be

Safeties - we are going to need to keep one
1a) Bell -
1b) Bates - still think there’s a chance he signs here and his price will not be what he thought it would be. I have a feeling when it comes to overall secondary communication and coverages he may be one of those guys who you don’t know what you got til it’s gone

2) Apple- need to maintain CB room with uncertainties of Chido’s recovery timeline - salary should remain similar if his redemption tour last season didn’t net him a bigger payday. Probably all came down to the Super
Bowl play

3) Pratt - dude has added another layer of juice to the defense and I’d love to keep him but the LB room is the deepest room on the roster and I’d feel confident we’d have a player who could step up

4) TE room is the shallowest room on the team - I think we draft a TE in early rounds and re-up Hurst….hoping we continue to see some opportunity seized by Wilcox- dude had a great game against KC and glad he’s not just going to be remembered as backup long snapper this year.

5) RB - Perine may have earned himself a bigger payday but the league seems willing to draft RB rather than sign a free agent unless it’s McCaffery or a system RB (Dolphins/49ers). I think we can re-sign both at team friendly rates

6) WR - I know our 4th receiver depth was an issue until Irwin stepped up but feel we can retain both Irwin and Taylor easily

I’d go Admoitis for long snapper - the changing of the ST operation guard is complete
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was going to come in and say we should sign someone and use some of our leftover cap to front load some deals and lock up Pratt and Bell with a xmas present. But apparently we have almost maxed out the cap

I did not realize

That's 2022. If you switch to 2023 we are at 75% of the cap. 

If the team wants to save money and upgrade the team elsewhere, they need to take a long, hard look at Mixon's contract next year. They could save around 8 million. 

I'm not sure that would be a wise thing to do though with all of the contracts coming up. The Bengals don't like to push guaranteed money and cutting one of their best locker room guys in order to save money on a non-guaranteed contract might leave some hesitation for others to sign here on a non guaranteed contract. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Other games next year:

Texans at home
Colts at home
Jaguars away

Ravens, Steelers, Ravens twice each

And don't forget the Ravens twice next year, too. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote