Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 TE Draft Prospects Group Assessment
(04-03-2023, 12:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Tucker Kraft redid his 40 at his pro day. First one was 4.60 and the second one was 4.49 to 4.54 depending on the watch lol. He also jumped 2 inches higher than he did at the combine.

I posted this then heard his combine interview. He mentioned money several times about all of this was about making more money "generational money" as he put it. That really turned me off him as a prospect.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I posted this then heard his combine interview. He mentioned money several times about all of this was about making more money "generational money" as he put it. That really turned me off him as a prospect.

Kraft is out lol
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Whoever the Bengals may consider at TE, that player will have to have exhibited blocking ability.
Bengals offense calls on their TEs to block quite a bit.
Because of that, I like Mayer or Washington on Day 1, Laporta on Day 2, possibly Schoonmaker early Day 3 (Rd 4-5).

What about Tucker Kraft from S. Dakota State or Cameron Latu from Bama?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:05 PM)OSUfan Wrote: What about Tucker Kraft from S. Dakota State or Cameron Latu from Bama?

Kraft should also be in consideration on Day 2, but he's coming from FCS, so there might be a learning curve there.
Team would have to be prepared for that.
I like his potential though.
Having Irv Smith would help allow for Kraft to ramp up without needing to start him so quick.

Latu I see as a late-round pick. May as well just get Payne Durham if looking for a blocking TE who isn't going to be much more than a security blanket.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kraft is out lol

I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion so quickly. Here is something else to watch and ponder so that you have more than a single source. If this is the interview that was referenced earlier I would encourage people to watch the entire interview because the comment of generational wealth was at the very end of the interview and in my assessment was not made in a negative way at all rather was used in a very mature and responsible manner as he stated he wanted to make that money so that his family was taken care of. I thought this was a great interview that should be watched from start to finish and not have snippets of it improperly referenced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMG6yURTCKY
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 02:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I posted this then heard his combine interview. He mentioned money several times about all of this was about making more money "generational money" as he put it. That really turned me off him as a prospect.

(04-05-2023, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kraft is out lol

Why should that mean he's out?
Money motivates quite a lot of people to work harder, this would be his job that he gets paid to do, and you're not going to get paid "generational money" unless you produce on your rookie contract.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why should that mean he's out?
Money motivates quite a lot of people to work harder, this would be his job that he gets paid to do, and you're not going to get paid "generational money" unless you produce on your rookie contract.

The quote was taken grossly out of context if it was the interview I saw. I posted the link to the interview and I encourage everyone to watch the interview as it was a great interview and watching the interview makes me want Kraft as a Bengal even more. A very driven young man in my estimation. Just watch the interview and see what you think.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kraft should also be in consideration on Day 2, but he's coming from FCS, so there might be a learning curve there.
Team would have to be prepared for that.
I like his potential though.
Having Irv Smith would help allow for Kraft to ramp up without needing to start him so quick.

Latu I see as a late-round pick. May as well just get Payne Durham if looking for a blocking TE who isn't going to be much more than a security blanket.

I agree that there is a jump no doubt in competition level but it appear that the traits he has transfer well to the Pro game and he reminds me a lot of former Jackrabbits TE, Dallas Goedert. I actually think when watching film that Kraft is a far better blocker than Goedert was when he came out of college.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:15 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion so quickly. Here is something else to watch and ponder so that you have more than a single source. If this is the interview that was referenced earlier I would encourage people to watch the entire interview because the comment of generational wealth was at the very end of the interview and in my assessment was not made in a negative way at all rather was used in a very mature and responsible manner as he stated he wanted to make that money so that his family was taken care of. I thought this was a great interview that should be watched from start to finish and not have snippets of it improperly referenced.

Pro day interview.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

The NFL draft is full of great athletes. Character and Drive matter alot.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Pro day interview.

Please post a link to that interview. I saw a Pro Day interview and the I saw him state that he felt me made himself a bit more money at the Pro Day but I am not sure how there is anything wrong with that. The interview I posted sure does not show the character concerns that you seem to be eluding to for this young man. His father died when he was 12 and he has worked his tail off to get where he is and wants to make sure his family is taken care of. Yeah that sure seems like a huge character concern.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Pro day interview.

https://www.keloland.com/video/tucker-kraft-hopes-for-high-draft-pick-after-pro-day/8523446/

Is this what you are talking about? You mean where he says he is not doing this just for himself but to make sure that his family and future children are taken care of? Oh Lordy that is horrible.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Please post a link to that interview. I saw a Pro Day interview and the I saw him state that he felt me made himself a bit more money at the Pro Day but I am not sure how there is anything wrong with that. The interview I posted sure does not show the character concerns that you seem to be eluding to for this young man. His father died when he was 12 and he has worked his tail off to get where he is and wants to make sure his family is taken care of. Yeah that sure seems like a huge character concern.

I just watched that interview from November does show the other interview in a different light. And they all wsnt to take care of their families every one of them but you don't hear money out of their mouths in interviews its I wanna be the best.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:25 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I agree that there is a jump no doubt in competition level but it appear that the traits he has transfer well to the Pro game and he reminds me a lot of former Jackrabbits TE, Dallas Goedert. I actually think when watching film that Kraft is a far better blocker than Goedert was when he came out of college.

I agree with all that.
Goedert took a season to groom with Ertz in front of him before he started putting up good numbers.
If people are comfortable with Irv Smith potentially being the starter all year while Kraft adjusts, it could be a great selection.
My biggest reason for preferring LaPorta over Kraft would be a safer floor and (likely) more immediate contributions.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: The NFL draft is full of great athletes. Character and Drive matter alot.

Sure, but why is money being the motivator a bad thing?
You see quite a lot of people who choose to go to certain companies/professions because those companies/professions pay (way) more than most.
Does that mean they have bad character for choosing a place of employment because of money?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:15 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion so quickly. Here is something else to watch and ponder so that you have more than a single source. If this is the interview that was referenced earlier I would encourage people to watch the entire interview because the comment of generational wealth was at the very end of the interview and in my assessment was not made in a negative way at all rather was used in a very mature and responsible manner as he stated he wanted to make that money so that his family was taken care of. I thought this was a great interview that should be watched from start to finish and not have snippets of it improperly referenced.

I don't like any player talking about money, they will get money, why the hell talk about it?

I want to hear what all the players Zac and Lou have brought in have been saying....

"I am going to do whatever the coaches ask to help the team win" is what I want to hear.

Synric heard it and it turned him off and he has been backing Kraft for a while now before this. Says a lot to me.

Will need to hear the interview myself though, maybe I did come to a conclusion too quickly as you say OSUfan.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: https://www.keloland.com/video/tucker-kraft-hopes-for-high-draft-pick-after-pro-day/8523446/

Is this what you are talking about? You mean where he says he is not doing this just for himself but to make sure that his family and future children are taken care of? Oh Lordy that is horrible.

Yeah, I don't see the issue with a dude wanting to get paid.  If he plays well enough to earn big money, then he's going to be a huge bargain on his rookie deal.It might get expensive and he might get paid elsewhere, but having a TE that we have to worry about doling out "generational money" to is definitely good problem to have territory. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sure, but why is money being the motivator a bad thing?
You see quite a lot of people who choose to go to certain companies/professions because those companies/professions pay (way) more than most.
Does that mean they have bad character for choosing a place of employment because of money?

The NFL and now even the collegiate game is about nothing but money. I love when people get on their soapboxes over a comment as simple as the one Kraft made. As well, the way it is being portrayed is a bit out of context from the interview. He explained very clearly that he has worked his tail off to get to where he is and he explained his motivation of working his tail off and that is to put himself and his family in a good place financially in the future. He explained that he has worked very hard to move himself up the draft boards. Never thought getting paid for hard work is a bad thing. 

He could have said he wanted generational money to have pay off money for the massage therapists that he was going to sexually harrass.
Reply/Quote
Updated with Drew Sample re-signing. Other than making a double dip less likely, I don't think it changes much. 

We carried 3 to start last season.

Position Group #4: Tight Ends

I.  2023 Roster Status

A. Signed = 2.  Cap Hit; Dead Cap; FA Year/Type 
1. I. Smith Jr. (TE1/2): $1,750,000; $400,000; 2024 UFA 
2. D. Sample (TE2/3): $1,092,500; $52,500; 2024 FA
3. D. Asiasi (Reserve): $1,138,000; $0; 2024 UFA 
-----------------
3. T. Hudson (PS, Reserve): $940,000; $0, FA
4. N. Bowers (PS, Reserve): $870,000; $0; FA
--------------

B. Unsigned = 1. 2022 Cap Hit; FA Type