Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2024 Bengals Free Agents
(08-16-2022, 09:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Rams had $44.7m of cap space going towards Stafford and Goff in 2021. Stafford averages $40m/yr on his deal, they just pushed a lot of it back, $49.5m cap hit in 2023.

The 49.5m cap hit is in 2024, not 2023, and in 2024 they’re not going to have a stacked roster like they do now. That’s why they’ve gone all in the last three seasons, it will catch up to them in 2024 and beyond.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:56 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: The 49.5m cap hit is in 2024, not 2023, and in 2024 they’re not going to have a stacked roster like they do now. That’s why they’ve gone all in the last three seasons, it will catch up to them in 2024 and beyond.

You're right. 

They still did have $44.7m in 2021 at QB, and a $38m DT in 2023, though. They made/are making it work.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 10:53 PM)jason Wrote: Lesson from Carlos and Geno... Do not offer the 3rd contract unless they are a generational player. Ossai has nothing to do with it. Trey Hendrickson isn't THAT guy. We're getting his best years right now.

Also... F it. Let's enjoy the ride and not worry about 2 years from now.

The Bill Walsh model.

It will put a premium on getting production from rookie contract guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 02:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bill Walsh model.

It will put a premium on getting production from rookie contract guys.

Geno was generational, he had just come off 2 10 sack seasons was best nose guard outside of Donald and 100% healthy. That shoulder injury derailed him still possible HOF.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 02:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Geno was generational, he had just come off 2 10 sack seasons was best nose guard outside of Donald and 100% healthy. That shoulder injury derailed him still possible HOF.

Yep. And that's the thing with football. Guys get hurt and production varies.

Geno was so awesome when healthy for so long. He tried to play through the injury too...which may have made his situation worse.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 02:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Geno was generational, he had just come off 2 10 sack seasons was best nose guard outside of Donald and 100% healthy. That shoulder injury derailed him still possible HOF.

Geno was really really good. Carlos was really good (one less "really"). Reggie White (and Munoz) was generational. That term gets thrown around too lightly anymore. Bottom line was Geno broke down over time as most will. I love Geno Atkins, so it's not a knock.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Cap gets juiced when Apple or Amazon take over the Sunday Ticket. The Bengals will prioritize Burrow & Chase with that extra juice.
Everybody else take a seat to Bengals preserving cap flexibility, it’s their way. Bates is an example for everybody on that concept.
Also with B&C they are a free agent magnet if they have cap space.

Managing all of that skillfully takes lots of brains and stubbornness. The later mike brown has excelled, the brains is the new phenomenon.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:43 AM)jason Wrote: Geno was really really good. Carlos was really good (one less "really"). Reggie White (and Munoz) was generational. That term gets thrown around too lightly anymore. Bottom line was Geno broke down over time as most will. I love Geno Atkins, so it's not a knock.

Geno is a 1st Ballot HOF and the 2nd best 3T of his generation. It's fair to say that he was a great player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 02:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This isn't next summer, but the summer after:

-Hendrickson
-Reader
-Mixon (Club Option)
-Boyd
-Burrow (Club Option)
-Higgins
-Awuzie
-Jonah Williams
-Tee Higgins
-Logan Wilson

And some other guys that aren't as important.

Just WOW! It's the core of our team.

I dont see Mixon playing here past 2023 - so I anticipate they are going to use the hell out of him the next two years.

He will be 28/29 going into the 2024 season - cant see using big dollars there

Boyd - I think will be the odd man out.  Possibly via a trade after this season

Jonah can be extended this year - if he has proven it

Burrow is going to get his 300M or whatever.  They just need to time is and structure it right (Which we seems to do a good job of)

I think Reader is gone

And then you have Higgins/Wilson/Awuzie, Trey who all need to shake out, etc.     It is a lot of core possible turnover/money to spend - but the great news is we have 2 more years to vet it. 

2 years in the NFL is like 2 dog years.  And if we keep burrow, we have a window for as long as he is here (Which should be 11-13 more years, IMO). 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:43 AM)jason Wrote: Geno was really really good. Carlos was really good (one less "really"). Reggie White (and Munoz) was generational. That term gets thrown around too lightly anymore. Bottom line was Geno broke down over time as most will. I love Geno Atkins, so it's not a knock.

Yes - Generation is basically best player in the NFL for their position over time.

Aaron Donald is generational. Geno probably should be a HOFer, but might not be because he played here.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:55 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Cap gets juiced when Apple or Amazon take over the Sunday Ticket. The Bengals will prioritize Burrow & Chase with that extra juice.
Everybody else take a seat to Bengals preserving cap flexibility, it’s their way. Bates is an example for everybody on that concept.
Also with B&C they are a free agent magnet if they have cap space.

Managing all of that skillfully takes lots of brains and stubbornness. The later mike brown has excelled, the brains is the new phenomenon.

Really really hope whoever takes over Sunday Ticket provides a streaming option and makes it a standalone option.
I don't want to have to buy someone's crappy, expensive TV service just to add Sunday Ticket on top of it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Really really hope whoever takes over Sunday Ticket provides a streaming option and makes it a standalone option.
I don't want to have to buy someone's crappy, expensive TV service just to add Sunday Ticket on top of it.

That has already been set as a non negotiable for the new Sunday ticket provider.

DirectTV used Sunday ticket as a way to snare people into their cable satellite. And not decouple it for all consumers.

Att/direct tv lost billions by being short sided.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 11:57 AM)ATOTR Wrote: That has already been set as a non negotiable for the new Sunday ticket provider.

DirectTV used Sunday ticket as a way to snare people into their cable satellite.  And not decouple it for all consumers.  

Att/direct tv lost billions by being short sided.

I could see Amazon making Sunday Ticket as premium add-on to Prime to get more people to buy Prime, but Prime is only $15/month or $140/year.
Nowhere close to the cost of DirecTV. Plus you actually get other benefits from Prime that are useful, especially around the holidays.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I could see Amazon making Sunday Ticket as premium add-on to Prime to get more people to buy Prime, but Prime is only $15/month or $140/year.
Nowhere close to the cost of DirecTV. Plus you actually get other benefits from Prime that are useful, especially around the holidays.

No way. It’s gonna be an independent app. Nothing tied to a bundle or additional subscription
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:16 PM)ATOTR Wrote: No way.  It’s gonna be an independent app.  Nothing tied to a bundle or additional subscription

That'd be the best if it will be truly standalone.
But I don't think tacking it on to something that's under $20/month is terrible either.
I'd personally be ok with it being an add-on to Prime, but that's me.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That'd be the best if it will be truly standalone.
But I don't think tacking it on to something that's under $20/month is terrible either.
I'd personally be ok with it being an add-on to Prime, but that's me.

Ha, yeah. I agree, cause im sure we both have it already. 

They may use it as a way to incent adding a prime subscription.  IE.  Buy standalone for 225/year.   Buy with Prime for $275/year (a 375 dollar value), or add to an existing prime account for $175 or something.   We shall see. 

DirecTV ****** up royally with their exclusive window.   They should be the platform for this, but their own stupidity and greed lost them the big big contract. 

I think its a 95% chance Amazon wins this.  Apple Streaming/TV just isnt as slick or diverse as AMZ
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:23 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Ha, yeah. I agree, cause im sure we both have it already. 

They may use it as a way to incent adding a prime subscription.  IE.  Buy standalone for 225/year.   Buy with Prime for $275/year (a 375 dollar value), or add to an existing prime account for $175 or something.   We shall see. 

DirecTV ****** up royally with their exclusive window.   They should be the platform for this, but their own stupidity and greed lost them the big big contract. 

I think its a 95% chance Amazon wins this.  Apple Streaming/TV just isnt as slick or diverse as AMZ

Apple TV doesn't interest me in the slightest. There's nothing on there I care to view. I'd only consider it for Sunday Ticket.
I also can't see Apple getting involved with sports.
Amazon makes the most sense, as they already stream some TNF games and have Prime Video.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Apple TV doesn't interest me in the slightest. There's nothing on there I care to view. I'd only consider it for Sunday Ticket.
Amazon makes the most sense, as they already stream some TNF games and have Prime Video.

Aren't they already in MLB with couple of games?  I'm guessing if it makes sense from a financial standpoint, they would jump all over the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Apple TV doesn't interest me in the slightest. There's nothing on there I care to view. I'd only consider it for Sunday Ticket.

I just texted a buddy who is in media. 

He said that Ticket/Apple deal is basically a done deal. Lol.  I left 5% chance it wouldnt be Amazon, at least 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 12:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Aren't they already in MLB with couple of games?  I'm guessing if it makes sense from a financial standpoint, they would jump all over the NFL.

No idea. I haven't been paying too much attention to MLB since probably 2019.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote