Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Combine (and FA) Dates
(03-04-2024, 07:36 AM)Synric Wrote: So NFL Network/NFL.com came out about 11pm and said that they made a mistake Mims didn't run the shuttle. The 4.33 was Dylan Mchanons's run. 

Funny that people on X with the verification ran with the info.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 08:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: For me it’s not about rt(Tyron smith?) or the raiders rt(name escapes me), but DT. 27 feels just right for sweat, then get maybe the top wr that falls? Or the dream get Graham Barton at 39.

Tyron Smith isn't a RT.
Are you thinking about Trent Brown or Michael Onwenu?
The Raiders RT is Eluemunor.

I was actually thinking 35th for Sweat and 27th is either RT or pass catcher.
Or in a perfect world where they not only get a new RT in FA but also extend Higgins to a front-loaded multi-year deal, double dip at DT and get an interior pass rusher along with Sweat at 27 and 35.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I had more faith in our oline coach I'd love to have Mims. But the last thing I want is "raw w/ upside". 

Same, give me the polished OL over the raw/upside picks with our OL coach.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, give me the polished OL over the raw/upside picks with our OL coach.

It's why I'm higher on Kingsley than most. That dude has been coached to play oline since he was in diapers. 

I will say with how others have performed/looked he's no longer a want for me at 18.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's why I'm higher on Kingsley than most. That dude has been coached to play oline since he was in diapers. 

I will say with how others have performed/looked he's no longer a want for me at 18.

Also really like Kinglsey and I watched a lot of him, he is physical like the other 2 OT's I like in Fuaga and Latham.

As much as I like Alt, he is not the most physical OL, same with Mims, but Mims lack of experience is why I shy away from him at least in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's why I'm higher on Kingsley than most. That dude has been coached to play oline since he was in diapers. 

Kinglsey was never in consideration at 18. I've saw nothing but late 2nd round grades on him and after the combine who knows he may get pushed into the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 05:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Kinglsey was never in consideration at 18. I've saw nothing but late 2nd round grades on him and after the combine who knows he may get pushed into the 3rd.

Yeah, wouldn't mind Kingsley in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. But if it is between him and Sweat I go with Sweat.
Reply/Quote
How about Tip at TE?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tip-reiman/32005245-4957-7302-3782-d7697a4f655d

The dude was also a captain which is a Zac type of player.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 07:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How about Tip at TE?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tip-reiman/32005245-4957-7302-3782-d7697a4f655d

The dude was also a captain which is a Zac type of player.

Reiman reminds me a lot of Drew Sample going into the draft.

Like Sample, Reiman was basically unproductive in college.

4 seasons for each:
Sample - 46 receptions for 487 yards, 5 TDs
Reiman - 41 receptions for 420 yards, 5 TDs

Like Sample, some will see Reiman's strength and experience as a blocker and the athleticism he showed at the Combine and think, "He was underutilized as a pass catcher in college, but with a bit of work, we can turn him into a do-it-all TE!"

I'm not saying Reiman will have the (lack of) success Sample has had, but I'd still take a handful of guys over Reiman at TE position, even on Day 3.
For Day 3 guys, I'm especially interested in Ben Sinnott and Theo Johnson.
One or even both of those guys might not actually make it to Rd 4 though now.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 05:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Kinglsey was never in consideration at 18. I've saw nothing but late 2nd round grades on him and after the combine who knows he may get pushed into the 3rd.

Yeah. mocks are mocks. I've only seen Troy Fautanu in the 2nd and as an OG; before the combine, even though I was high on him. I now see him at 14 as an OT.

Kingsley was very smooth in drills and his athletic numbers mirror his cousin's. 

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 11:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Tyron Smith isn't a RT.
Are you thinking about Trent Brown or Michael Onwenu?
The Raiders RT is Eluemunor.

I was actually thinking 35th for Sweat and 27th is either RT or pass catcher.
Or in a perfect world where they not only get a new RT in FA but also extend Higgins to a front-loaded multi-year deal, double dip at DT and get an interior pass rusher along with Sweat at 27 and 35.

He did play rt as a rookie(I know but js it’s a possibility if we wanted to go all in)… and eleumenor is my goal for right tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 11:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He did play rt as a rookie(I know but js it’s a possibility if we wanted to go all in)… and eleumenor is my goal for right tackle.

It happens.

Riley Reiff wasn't a RT before he came here

Jonah Williams wasn't a RT before last year

Jason Peters wasn't a RT until he was

WTS, no everyone can, will do it. I personally think our current LT would be better at RT

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 08:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Reiman reminds me a lot of Drew Sample going into the draft.

Like Sample, Reiman was basically unproductive in college.

4 seasons for each:
Sample - 46 receptions for 487 yards, 5 TDs
Reiman - 41 receptions for 420 yards, 5 TDs

Like Sample, some will see Reiman's strength and experience as a blocker and the athleticism he showed at the Combine and think, "He was underutilized as a pass catcher in college, but with a bit of work, we can turn him into a do-it-all TE!"

I'm not saying Reiman will have the (lack of) success Sample has had, but I'd still take a handful of guys over Reiman at TE position, even on Day 3.
For Day 3 guys, I'm especially interested in Ben Sinnott and Theo Johnson.
One or even both of those guys might not actually make it to Rd 4 though now.
Sinnott and Johnson will both go in the 3rd IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It happens.

WTS, no everyone can, will do it. I personally think our current LT would be better at RT

Absolutely OBJ should be playing RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 11:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He did play rt as a rookie(I know but js it’s a possibility if we wanted to go all in)… and eleumenor is my goal for right tackle.

Tyron Smith is not the kind of player the Bengals go for.
He's entering his 14th season and hasn't played on the right side since 2011.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be on the table for me, but there are a handful of other guys I'd have on the list ahead of him...unless the Bengals would be willing to move OBJ to right side and have Smith cover LT (which I doubt they'd do).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 11:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Tyron Smith is not the kind of player the Bengals go for.
He's entering his 14th season and hasn't played on the right side since 2011.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be on the table for me, but there are a handful of other guys I'd have on the list ahead of him...unless the Bengals would be willing to move OBJ to right side and have Smith cover LT (which I doubt they'd do).

Tyron Smith still looks impressive as it gets but he has a lot of trouble staying healthy as well as everything you say here.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It happens.

(03-05-2024, 12:07 AM)pulses Wrote: Absolutely OBJ should be playing RT.

I agree but obj was signed as the Left tackle and they’re not gonna move him.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 01:07 PM)Synric Wrote: T'Vondre Sweat comes in at 366.

I would not be interested in Sweat,too heavy and he will fight his weigh all his life,dude is out of shape coming to the most important business apt in his life,He looks awlfu running around with all that fat.I am one who is passing on this dude,too many much better players to chose from Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 04:15 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I would not be interested in Sweat,too heavy and he will fight his weigh all his life,dude is out of shape coming to the most important business apt in his life,He looks awlfu running around with all that fat.I am one who is passing on this dude,too many much better players to chose from Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

He can win at 346 not 366…
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 04:15 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I would not be interested in Sweat,too heavy and he will fight his weigh all his life,dude is out of shape coming to the most important business apt in his life,He looks awlfu running around with all that fat.I am one who is passing on this dude,too many much better players to chose from Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

Was he out of shape or is big his shape? Compare his numbers to last year's big man (Dawand Jones) and see how he matched up. 

I'd be happy to have Jones as our starting RT this year. All 380 pounds

Reply/Quote