Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD***
It really is curious what the plan at guard depth is. It’s Cody Ford and absolutely nothing else atm.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Overall, Johnson is still learning how to build an efficient rush sequence, but he has interesting athletic tools, and an NFL
team should be able to coach more out of him. Although he might never reach three-down-starter status, he can develop into a serviceable subpackage rusher.
GRADE: 4th-5th Round

Good pick in Rd 6 - Flyer on a pass rusher 19 sacks in the SEC in 4 seasons
Reply/Quote
Johnson’s a nice pick. He has upside. He’ll stick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Johnson has a 9.67 RAS, but raw is an understatement. Pass rush needs a lot of development.
Reply/Quote
Now I want to punch the D-bag that announced our pick, in the throat
Reply/Quote
Cedric Johnson Egde Ole Miss. I don't know much potential Sample replacement?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It’s official Volson has pictures of Taylor drowning kittens.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It really is curious what the plan at guard depth is. It’s Cody Ford and absolutely nothing else atm.

Might not want to push Ford off the roster due to his emergency T versatility.  He was basically the 1st OL off the bench last year.  Plus, Carmen has started at G, as well as Hill.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:42 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It’s official Volson has pictures of Taylor drowning kittens.

They weren’t getting anyone to start in the 6th round. It’s about depth at this point (which is bad at IOL).

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It really is curious what the plan at guard depth is. It’s Cody Ford and absolutely nothing else atm.

I'd hope it was some depth from training camp cuts, wouldn't be ideal having rookie 6th round picks having to come in if someone went down anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Cedric Johnson Egde Ole Miss. I don't know much potential Sample replacement?

More like Ossai replacement.  Raw, but 9.67 RAS.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Might not want to push Ford off the roster due to his emergency T versatility.  He was basically the 1st OL off the bench last year.  Plus, Carmen has started at G, as well as Hill.

The only spot Carman has ever been serviceable is LT.

Reply/Quote
Wonder what is up with Rice. Legacy can’t even help get him drafted? Film looked good and you know everyone saw him given they scouted his QB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only spot Carman has ever been serviceable is LT.

He actually graded 56.3 at RG as a rookie, which is acceptable backup level, and didn't allow a sack.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:43 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'd hope it was some depth from training camp cuts, wouldn't be ideal having rookie 6th round picks having to come in if someone went down anyway.

Wonder if they will have any interest in Dalton Risner.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'll buy you a Rolling Rock buddy

You are a good man Wedge. Cool

(04-27-2024, 06:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: Then I will let him tell you Mahogany was just selected.

Yes, wanted Mahogany. Oh well, I like the End we got in Cedric Johnson if Hobby can do some good things with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It really is curious what the plan at guard depth is. It’s Cody Ford and absolutely nothing else atm.

Hope there’s some interior line post draft cuts? Idk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: He actually graded 56.3 at RG as a rookie, which is acceptable backup level, and didn't allow a sack.  

Oof. I’m pretty over the Carman experiment myself.

Reply/Quote

I think at the very least we bring in Dalton Risner after the Draft, one of our new coach's has worked with him a lot.
Reply/Quote