Poll: What will the last 8 games win/loss record be ?
8 wins and 0 losses for the 2nd half of the 2018 season
7 and 1
6 and 2
5 and 3
4 and 4
3 and 5
2 and 6
1 and 7
0 wins and 8 losses for the 2nd half of the 2018 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Half Predictions....
Not sure why but I love reading predictions threads. What's yours for the 2nd half of the season? Can we make it back to the playoffs?

Week 10 New Orleans
Week 11 @ Baltimore
Week 12 Cleveland
Week 13 Denver
Week 14 @ Chargers
Week 15 Oakland
Week 16 @ Cleveland
Week 17 @Douchebags
Reply/Quote
Optimistically, 6-2. If things don't improve, 4-4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Optimistically, 6-2.  If things don't improve, 4-4.

Think 9-7 would get us in? Seems like the Chargers are almost assured 1 WC and I'd think possibly us and Baltimore for the 2nd? unless we get crazy hot and take the division
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:26 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Think 9-7 would get us in? Seems like the Chargers are almost assured 1 WC and I'd think possibly us and Baltimore for the 2nd? unless we get crazy hot and take the division

It may take 10, or even 11 wins to get a WC spot. The NFL is in a position that Free Agency and the Salary Cap was supposed to avoid, both of the Conferences being top loaded.  But, you never know when the injury bug is going to take down a team that once looked like it was on a roll.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The floor is 4 + 4. But I think they have a chance of having 10 wins this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:10 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Not sure why but I love reading predictions threads. What's yours for the 2nd half of the season? Can we make it back to the playoffs?

Week 10  New Orleans
Week 11 @ Baltimore
Week 12 Cleveland
Week 13 Denver
Week 14 @ Chargers
Week 15 Oakland
Week 16 @ Cleveland
Week 17 @Douchebags

I don't see the Bengals losing to the Raiders or Broncos. Especially with the Broncos giving up one of their WRs.
The Browns have not beaten the Bengals since the Thursday Night game where Dalton was awful. So I expect AT LEAST 1 win. But the Browns are a tough team.

Saints, Ravens, Chargers, and Steelers are all going to be tough games.
The Bengals are actually 8-2 against the Ravens their last 10 games. So there's always a chance to win against them.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I can see us going 5-3 in the second half of the season.

However I can also see us doing that while dropping the next 2 games.

If that happens this forum will be in a major tailspin. But if we follow that up by picking off Cleveland and denver we’re right back in it. We’d need wins vs Oakland and another Cleveland win then we’d either have to beat SD away or Pittsburgh away. Both will be really tough.
Reply/Quote
They will win one game that they are supposed to lose and lose one game they are supposed to win.

I think they split with the Browns and upset the Saints (yes, I know the Bengals history off of bye weeks).

Saints: Win
Ravens: Loss
Browns: Win
Broncos: Win
Chargers: Loss
Raiders: Win
Browns: Loss
Steelers: Loss

9-7
Reply/Quote
If most of the injured guys come back after the bye and they have better injury luck? 6-2 seems realistic. I think we get one of the @ Balt and @Pitt games. I really just don't see the D remaining this bad, and the schedule lightens up. Put me down for 10-6 with a ceiling of 11-5. Probably all equals a wild card playoff loss unless the D REALLY figures it out and the O quits blowing the 3rd quarter
Reply/Quote
Drew will pick our defense apart after the bye. Marvin always has the team fired up after a bye. We will beat the Browns once. Rookie QB excel against the bengals. May pull one out against the raiders. 50/50 with denver.

Looking at finishing 9 - 7. Hopefully. Really thinking 8 - 8.
Reply/Quote
3-1 at home seems about right, with the loss to the Saints.

Those road games could be rough though. 1-3

9-7, which was my original prediction.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I do feel like 3-1 at home seems about right. A loss to the Saints wouldn't shock me that much. That puts us at 8-4. I'm giving us a loss at LA and at Pitt( Until we beat those douche bags, I'm not gonna pick us to beat them), That would put it at 8-6. To me, the 2 biggest turning point games are at Baltimore and at Cleveland. I feel like if we can win at Baltimore we may be in a pretty good position to get into the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 3-1 at home seems about right, with the loss to the Saints.

you are thinkin like me Millhouse..........3-1 at home.......Drew is gonna light them up................ but we win the rest at PBS

Im goin' 2-2 on the road........Chargers w/ Rivers, Gordon, Allen etc will kick our ass out west........we take 2 of 3 in the division

10 wins and a WC bid
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 3-1 at home seems about right, with the loss to the Saints.

Yep, that's where I'm at, and where I started as well.  As I said in preseason, still too many holes to overcome in one offseason.  If they can work another great offseason, and Ebenezer would actually go all in for one time in 30 fuggin years, this team can be scary good next season.  This year is all about survival.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Im going to stick with my original prediction

8-8
Reply/Quote
If there's any history of hope for the second half of the season, it likely means the defense needs to improve. And Paul Dehner Jr writes that Teryl Austin has had a history of doing just that a few years ago in Detroit...
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/29/cincinnati-bengals-defense-fixable-relevant-precedent-exists/1809775002/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:37 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I don't see the Bengals losing to the Raiders or Broncos. Especially with the Broncos giving up one of their WRs.
The Browns have not beaten the Bengals since the Thursday Night game where Dalton was awful. So I expect AT LEAST 1 win. But the Browns are a tough team.

Saints, Ravens, Chargers, and Steelers are all going to be tough games.
The Bengals are actually 8-2 against the Ravens their last 10 games. So there's always a chance to win against them.

I think the Bengals beat Cleveland twice along with the Raiders and Broncos. That puts them at 9-7. To me, that's respectable for a team that knowingly went into the season with no real solution for the right side of the OL and is an improvement over 6-9-1 and 7-9 the past two seasons. But this team REALLY needs to address OL, LB, and likely TE in the offseason. And I don't mean by retaining existing talent that's going to hit FA. I mean bringing in outside quality talent through FA and draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I say we will win only 2 or 3 more games. I think we split with Cleveland, beat Oakland, and maybe beat Denver. 7-9 or 8-8 is my prediction. 6-10 was my original prediction so either is an improvement. I hope we win all 8 though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We will upset the SAINTS to go 6-3 but will lay an egg vs the Ravens and Browns.. to go 6 - 5 then 7 - 6 vs chargers L and broncos W. Two more wins vs browns and oakland (barely squeak by oakland) and in order to get a bye, we lay a huge egg vs pittsburgh . End of season. 9 - 7
Reply/Quote
It would be nice if at least one or two of the wins was a convincing one without any dramatics. Those are hard to watch. The most interesting game of the year will be the L.A. Chargers because they play in that tiny little soccer stadium where lots of times fans from the other team outnumber and out-cheer the Charger fans.
Reply/Quote