Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-3-3-3
(12-12-2020, 04:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: (I realize that I haven't finished my post yet)  I see several of you cutting CJ Uzomah, but not adding or drafting a TE.  Are y'all fine with rolling with just Drew Sample and Mason Shrek?  Personally, I see Shrek as cut worthy material.  So, I'd say adding a TE, perhaps later in the draft or later in FA will also be somewhat of a priority.

Check out BGSU TE Quinten Morris.  I know some folks around the program.  Hidden gem. Texas kid.  Love him in a later round...sixth?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:59 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Check out BGSU TE Quinten Morris.  I know some folks around the program.  Hidden gem. Texas kid.  Love him in a later round...sixth?

Yeah, I think you told us about him in the "under the radar" thread?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I think you told us about him in the "under the radar" thread?

Yep...No one scouts BGSU as they are probably the worst team in FBS, but he is a stud.  I guess I should shut up about him so he stays a "hidden gem".   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: True.  There is a lot of speculation from those closer to the team that says he really doesn't want to be in Cincy.  His hope is (allegedly) to play in his hometown for the Texans.  I will say this:  If the Bengals ever play zone, just let him go.  He is totally lost in zone, but I consider him a really good CB.  

Hate to lose the guy, but if he doesn't want to be here are we ever going to get his best?  

I'm with you.  Maybe Phillips is an option.  He had a nice game on Sunday. Offer him a shot at the job, sign a middling guy or draft a 3rd or 4th rounder, re-sign Alexander, then see what happens if you can't bring yourself to shell out for Jackson.  The outcome here is added depth and likely a first round corner in 2022.  Of course, if Phillips works out, you're playing with house money.  This would be a great time to see them develop a guy like that.
Reply/Quote
Ok here it goes

Free agency.
OG Joe Thuney
OLB. Shaquill Barrett ( that stupid FN GM Tobin could have had
Him 2 years ago at a reduced cost)
OG Brandon Scherff

Cut
Bobby Hart
Alex Erickson
Ryan Finely

Draft.
1.Penai Sewell OT
2. Brevin Jordan TE
3. Kadarius Toney WR

Resign
1.Brandon Wilson
2. Carl Lawson
3. AJ Green
Reply/Quote
Cut:
1) Hart
2) Atkins
3) Finley

ReSign:
1) B. Wilson
2) Q. Spain
3) C. Lawson

Free agents
1) J. Thuney-G
2) J.Reynolds-WR
3) R. Kerrigan DE

Draft
1) P. Sewell-T Oregon
2) K. Paye DE Michigan
3) J. Twyman DT Pitt
Reply/Quote
I see alot of people want to sign Joe Thuney for big money and I don't understand why... If your gonna dish out that much cash for a Guard at least get the best one on the market in Brandon Scherff.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Nice concept for a post

Free agency
Thuney -OG- (teamed with Sewell the left side would be dominant) 5- years 72.5mil
Everett - TE - 3 years at 15 mil
Mike Hilton -Slot CB- 3 years 15 mil

Resign
WJIII - 5 years 60mil --I don't see him taking less than 12 mil per
Kind of sad when the other two are Covington and Brandon Wilson. I just think Lawson will cost more than he is worth

Cut
Atkins -- pains me to say this but not worth the money
CJU - overpriced with a cap going down
Bernard - see comment for CJU
I am working under the assumption that there is no way Hart is brought back

Draft
Sewell - OT
Patrick Jones II- DE
Marvin Wilson - DT
Reply/Quote