Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Presidential Debate
(10-20-2020, 01:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No.

But . . .

[Image: duel-large.jpg]

Now we’re talkin’.

While they're doing that, they have to answer questions from a moderator and you have my agreement. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: While they're doing that, they have to answer questions from a moderator and you have my agreement. 

I wonder if Trump would agree to have Turbo as a moderator.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder if Trump would agree to have Turbo as a moderator.

Turbo is a Never Trumper. Very unfair.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Turbo is a Never Trumper. Very unfair.

All joking aside, my buddy and I were watching American GLadiator reruns about a decade ago and he jokingly made a facebook fan page for Malibu and I recently looked up Malibu and the guy is a Trump mark to the extreme.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Could be worse. He could be like Biden and challenge them to a physical contest of some kind. 

I don't see anything wrong with this sort of challenge when all the other side is talking about is how frail and sickly you are.

If they choose to make that big of a deal out of it then how else would you respond?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's the problem?  Is our President incapable of discussing these issues?  Seem pretty critical to me.

Take an honest look at the subjects and ask yourself are they biased to give one question harder questions than the other:

Fighting COVID-19- What hard question can Biden be asked?

American Families- Sorta hard to guess what line of questioning can go here, but I'll bet legal immigrants gets introduced

Race in America- Hell Biden's already called Trump a racist in the first debate

Climate Change- Honest Topic and one Trump and Biden should be about to debate their positions.

National Security- Got a feeling this is going to omit Antifa and other ideas, but this is one Trump can/should score points on

Leadership- WTF

Seems to me some more relevant Topics would be:

Foreign Affairs

SCOTUS Nominations

Economic/Healthcare plan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fighting COVID-19- What hard question can Biden be asked?

This is the single biggest issue facing the country right now.  you can not eliminate it from the discussion just because Trump has handled it so poorly.

(10-20-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: American Families- Sorta hard to guess what line of questioning can go here, but I'll bet legal immigrants gets introduced

Immigration has always been one of  Trumps number one issue.  So he should score big here.  But I don't really know if that will be the mainline of questioning.  In fact this topic is so broad I have no idea what it could cover.  Neither Candidate should be able to complain about the selection of this topic.

(10-20-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Race in America- Hell Biden's already called Trump a racist in the first debate

Again, one of the hottest topics in the country right now.  No way you can eliminate it from the discussion and, in fact, Trump has repeatedly claimed it is one of his strengths.  Seems any Trump supporter would be upset if race was NOT on e of the topics of this debate.

(10-20-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: National Security- Got a feeling this is going to omit Antifa and other ideas, but this is one Trump can/should score points on

How can they "eliminate ANTIFA" if Trump gets to answer the question?

(10-20-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems to me some more relevant Topics would be:

Foreign Affairs

SCOTUS Nominations

Economic/Healthcare plan

Hard to discuss SCOTUS Nominations when Biden may never have a chance to nominate a SCOTUS.

Why would Trump want to be asked about health care plans when he does not have one?

Foreign affairs may be covered in "national security" but I agree that it should be a topic by itself in order to address trade, foreign aid, and trade.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is the single biggest issue facing the country right now.  you can not eliminate it from the discussion just because Trump has handled it so poorly.

Immigration has always been one of  Trumps number one issue.  So he should score big here.  But I don't really know if that will be the mainline of questioning.  In fact this topic is so broad I have no idea what it could cover.  Neither Candidate should be able to complain about the selection of this topic.

Again, one of the hottest topics in the country right now.  No way you can eliminate it from the discussion and, in fact, Trump has repeatedly claimed it is one of his strengths.  Seems any Trump supporter would be upset if race was NOT on e of the topics of this debate.

Hard to discuss SCOTUS Nominations when Biden may never have a chance to nominate a SCOTUS.

Why would Trump want to be asked about health care plans when he does not have one?

Foreign affairs may be covered in "national security" but I agree that it should be a topic by itself in order to address trade, foreign aid, and trade.

Racial issues will never be relevant to a segment of the population because it does not directly impact them. Blissful ignorance of living in a very white bubble. It's what drives people like South Dakota native Tomi Lahren to cheer for 50 Cent saying "I don't care Trump doesn't like Black people" as he endorsed Trump over Biden because he doesn't want to pay more in taxes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is the single biggest issue facing the country right now.  you can not eliminate it from the discussion just because Trump has handled it so poorly.

He may never get the change to do any of the cool stuff he says he'll do on the other topics. Strange you found this as one that shouldn't be discussed because it "might not" happen. You don't think the AOC nomination. who Biden would nominate if it falls through, or will he pack the courts if it succeeds to be a pretty important issue? Or are you rolling with we don't deserve to know,

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Take an honest look at the subjects and ask yourself are they biased to give one question harder questions than the other:

Fighting COVID-19- What hard question can Biden be asked?

American Families- Sorta hard to guess what line of questioning can go here, but I'll bet legal immigrants gets introduced

Race in America- Hell Biden's already called Trump a racist in the first debate

Climate Change- Honest Topic and one Trump and Biden should be about to debate their positions.

National Security- Got a feeling this is going to omit Antifa and other ideas, but this is one Trump can/should score points on

Leadership- WTF

Seems to me some more relevant Topics would be:

Foreign Affairs

SCOTUS Nominations

Economic/Healthcare plan

You don’t think the economy or healthcare affects American families?
Reply/Quote
From what I have been seeing on Foxnews, Breitbart, and other right wing media it should just be a two hour discussion on Hunter Biden.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 06:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You don’t think the economy or healthcare affects American families?

This.

I assume "American families" will cover education, the economy, and healthcare.

I really don't see it being about immigration at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump was the one who refused to do the 2nd debate, but how would canceling debates "save Biden"? Biden looked far better than Trump did in the first debate. His town hall was better rated too. 

Trump didn't refuse a second debate, he refused a 2nd virtual debate.  There was absolutely no reason to have a virtual debate.

Biden looking better than Trump is opinion.

I believe the difference was half a million.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From what I have been seeing on Foxnews, Breitbart, and other right wing media it should just be a two hour discussion on Hunter Biden.

I agree!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
What happened to Biden this week?  He's been hiding a lot!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 07:07 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Trump didn't refuse a second debate, he refused a 2nd virtual debate.  There was absolutely no reason to have a virtual debate.

He was diagnosed with Covid less than 2 weeks before it was suppose to be held. Any attempt to suggest that the commission was out of line in moving to a virtual format given that fact is asinine, especially given the fact that he did not take a test before the first debate and his entire family refused to wear masks. 

That opinion was held by a vast majority of Americans. Why would the Biden camp not want to continue that?

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 07:07 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Trump didn't refuse a second debate, he refused a 2nd virtual debate.  There was absolutely no reason to have a virtual debate.

I agree that the narrative of "he refused the second debate" is less that forthright, but he has no one but himself to blame for it not occurring. 

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 07:22 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: What happened to Biden this week?  He's been hiding a lot!

After holding an event in North Carolina on Sunday, his campaign put a 3 day hold on events prior to the debate. 

Thanks, google...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: After holding an event in North Carolina on Sunday, his campaign put a 3 day hold on events prior to the debate. 

Thanks, google...

Lol.  That was sarcasm.  

That one event must have really tuckered the poor guy out.  Needs to recover for 4 days.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree that the narrative of "he refused the second debate" is less that forthright, but he has no one but himself to blame for it not occurring. 

Correct.
Reply/Quote