Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Presidential Debate
(10-21-2020, 10:52 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Biden struggles unscripted, Trump does not.  Far more helpful for Biden.

I'd wager Trump doesn't struggle when he goes off script because Trump is far less concerned about actually making sense or describing an actual agenda.  I'm not just saying this to rag on Trump, the guy just talks and throws all sorts of words together in an effort to not stop talking.

Trump just isn't the sort of guy who has needed to sit down and research stuff or script stuff out.  Take that to be as good or as bad as you wish.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:52 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Biden struggles unscripted, Trump does not.  Far more helpful for Biden.

You don't think Trump struggles unscripted? He goes off on tangents when left to his own devices on a regular basis. He has had many, many gaffs. When unscripted he merely feeds off the audience and reverts to tropes that do well with his base. That isn't good for a debate.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No other candidate has had to campaign during a pandemic either. I know you don’t take the threat seriously, but the majority of voters do and they respond to that responsible leadership.

I take it seriously, I'm just not terrified of it.  I understand you can live your life without hiding in your basement and not die.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I take it seriously, I'm just not terrified of it.  I understand you can live your life without hiding in your basement and not die.

Can we spare the hyperbole to save some time?  I assume no one here is crazy liberal enough to legit be terrified of covid, just like I assume you aren't voting for Trump because you are hiding in your basement with an assault rifle because a mexican caravan is going to come rape you.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:10 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You don't think Trump struggles unscripted? He goes off on tangents when left to his own devices on a regular basis. He has had many, many gaffs. When unscripted he merely feeds off the audience and reverts to tropes that do well with his base. That isn't good for a debate.

Not like Biden does.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:24 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not like Biden does.

How often do presidents have to do stuff unscripted though?  Even Bush got a plan and script together after meeting with others when America was under attack, didn't he? That's the most "surprise!" thing that's happened in my lifetime.

We are talking about being the president, not fast talking someone into buying a used car.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:24 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not like Biden does.

They struggle in different ways, but they both struggle in a similar amount.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I take it seriously, I'm just not terrified of it.  I understand you can live your life without hiding in your basement and not die.

Biden apparently does too given the fact that he has actually been out at events. The fact that he isn't recklessly holding rallies without any social distancing or mask mandates doesn't equate him hiding in his basement.

I understand the need for the "hiding in the basement" and "dementia" claims early in the campaign, but after Biden began state by state campaigning and won the first debate, those bits just scream "do not take my opinions seriously".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Biden apparently does too given the fact that he has actually been out at events. The fact that he isn't recklessly holding rallies without any social distancing or mask mandates doesn't equate him hiding in his basement.

I understand the need for the "hiding in the basement" and "dementia" claims early in the campaign, but after Biden began state by state campaigning and won the first debate, those bits just scream "do not take my opinions seriously".

Because he cannot draw more than 10 people.

You seriously think if Biden could go head to head with Trump on enthusiasm and rally attendance he wouldn't be doing it?

He hides and let's the media throw shade for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because he cannot draw more than 10 people.

You seriously think if Biden could go head to head with Trump on enthusiasm and rally attendance he wouldn't be doing it?

Biden is drawing more support from potential voters, and that is all that matters.  Why should he go to the cost and trouble of having rallies when he is kicking Trumps ass without them.

Drawing a crowd is not what makes a good President.  Beyonce draws more people to concerts that cost $100 than Trump draws to free rallies, but I am not going to vote for her to be President.
Reply/Quote
Why do we want large crowds during a pandemic anyway?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Biden is drawing more support from potential voters, and that is all that matters.  Why should he go to the cost and trouble of having rallies when he is kicking Trumps ass without them.

Drawing a crowd is not what makes a good President.  Beyonce draws more people to concerts that cost $100 than Trump draws to free rallies, but I am not going to vote for her to be President.

He can't because there is no enthusiasm.

We shall see how it shakes out in less than 2 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because he cannot draw more than 10 people.

Sounds like Biden is going off the usual outdated political script an adlibbing ways to reach an audience in the new covid world. 

Trump just keeps pretending it is 1950 something with his rallies. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Why do we want large crowds during a pandemic anyway?

Ask the libs who love the protests, rioting and looting.

Remember the multi-thousand peaceful protest that drew great praise from the media?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sounds like Biden is going off the usual outdated political script an adlibbing ways to reach an audience in the new covid world. 

Trump just keeps pretending it is 1950 something with his rallies. 

By hiding in his basement?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:26 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ask the libs who love the protests, rioting and looting.

Remember the multi-thousand peaceful protest that drew great praise from the media?

I thought liberals were the ones hiding in their basements? 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:25 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: He can't because there is no enthusiasm.

We shall see how it shakes out in less than 2 weeks.

The public has more enthusiasm to vote for Biden that Trump.

The fact that Trump can draw a few thousand frothing fans means nothing when it take millions to win an election.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought liberals were the ones hiding in their basements? 

They cannot make up there minds.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:28 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: By hiding in his basement?

Yea. Stay home and use 20+ year old technology to keep safely working.  Biden is doing what so many others myself included are.  We all can't just pretend there is no pandemic and get bumped to the top of the cure queue when we stupidly get ourselves infected. 

This is 2020.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yea. Stay home and use 20+ year old technology to keep safely working.  Biden is doing what so many others myself included are.  We all can't just pretend there is no pandemic and get bumped to the top of the cure queue when we stupidly get ourselves infected. 

This is 2020.

Our entire team has been working on-site for all but 3 weeks early on.  No issues.

It's not pretending, it's living.
Reply/Quote