Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 years 140M, 110M guaranteed is the starting place for Jamarr after Jefferson signs
(06-03-2024, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, I have a feeling Ja'Marr is going to have his best year this year. Time to extend him before he does and we have to pay him
even more of a radical deal.

We now only have 2 guys who should EVER complain about touches and Tee is likely gone soon anyway

If Pitcher can’t scheme up 100 catches, 1400 yards for Chase we may as well just trade him and sign all defense cause at that point what’s the use
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 03:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Would you rather have Tee @ 26 million for next 4 seasons + 2 1st RD picks or Chase for 35 Million a year  for the next 6 seasons?

That's an interesting question for the FO to answer next season.

(06-03-2024, 04:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think you'd regret that Tee deal very quickly. If Tee is indeed capable of being a #1 for a team like most of us believe, he's not a high end #1 (or elite #1). I don't think his ceiling is the type of WR that defenses have to change the way they play and gameplan to always have 2+ guys covering or risk getting burned for a TD and breaks far less tackles than you'd expect from a guy his size (only 2 broken tackles over the last 2 years combined).

He's also gets banged up a whole lot and hasn't played 70% of the offensive snaps since his rookie year when he played a career high 74.8%. Don't know if he can play the >80% that would be expected from a #1 WR to keep us from having Burton as our #1.

I think the goal should be 1 great QB and 1 great weapon and then fill in the rest of the weapons with inexpensive guys. Tee is good, but I don't know if he's "put the offense on my back all year" good.

It's a question I've asked a few times, and the simple answer is "Pay Chase because he's better". BUT we give Chase a deal similar to what JJ just signed and Team cap raises at its usual pace; it 2026-2027 we'd have 2 players eating up about 35-40% of the cap. 

It's why KC parted ways with Tyreek

It's why Minny can afforded to give JJ this contract (QB on rookie deal)

Something has to give. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I said it in another thread and i'll say it here again. Chase needs a 1,700+ yd season to command that much money. You can talk all day about potential but the numbers are what backs it up. JJ already has 1,600 and 1,800 yd seasons and is #1 in yards for a receivers first 4 years--by 400 freaking yards--and deserves every penny he got. Ceedee Lamb put up 1,700 last year. 

Chase will end up making similar if not more money than JJ. It's what happens when the market is reset. The better player doesnt always make the most money. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Over to you Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:21 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Whatever they sign him for, they should do it sooner rather than later, in case some team resigns someone to an even bigger contract.

If the o-line holds up this year as well as we hope, Chase could have a massive year and rightfully demand an even bigger contract.

Chase has zero incentive to sign soon. The longer he waits the more the cap rises, the more contracts inflate, and the more money hes going to get. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Chase has zero incentive to sign soon. The longer he waits the more the cap rises, the more contracts inflate, and the more money hes going to get. 

Unless the money is close and he chooses to cash in on the guaranteed money now.  Injuries can happen and reality is they're playing hardball with Tee.  They are apples and oranges and they're more likely to want to get Chase done of course, but the tag is an option the Bengals have used..no matter how unlikely it seems in this situation.  If it's close, I think Chase sees the guaranteed money and signs. 
Reply/Quote
I think we need to sign him now because he'll command a lot more now that this is most likely Burrow's best o line, meaning that he'll be able to throw the ball to Chase more and better, so Chase will be able to command more after a bigger year.

I also think being in the slot will help Chase produce more, which would drive up his value.

Lastly, with an improved line, we should be making another Super Bowl run and even one or two playoff wins would drive up Chase's negotiating power.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 05:00 PM)Housh Wrote: We now only have 2 guys who should EVER complain about touches and Tee is likely gone soon anyway

If Pitcher can’t scheme up 100 catches, 1400 yards for Chase we may as well just trade him and sign all defense cause at that point what’s the use

True enough.

When Chase is targeted a lot we are extremely successful on Offense and we win like every game.

That is how important he is to us. Pay the man, Burrow and Chase are essential for our chances in winning a Super Bowl and both have chemistry
together that you simply cannot replace, that is how special it is. I think with having a WR like Jermaine Burton who can get separation will make 
Chase even more dangerous as a weapon. 
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 05:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we need to sign him now because he'll command a lot more now that this is most likely Burrow's best o line, meaning that he'll be able to throw the ball to Chase more and better, so Chase will be able to command more after a bigger year.

I also think being in the slot will help Chase produce more, which would drive up his value.

Lastly, with an improved line, we should be making another Super Bowl run and even one or two playoff wins would drive up Chase's negotiating power.

Yeah add in Tee's contact year and he Chase could have a monster year. 
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, but from the contracts we've seen going out to other WRs of that same draft class, I think that you'd have to slot Chase just a little below Jefferson, but higher than Waddle.

Tell Chase that!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 05:50 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah add in Tee's contact year and he Chase could have a monster year. 

Amen.

I also think the addition of Moss and the more use of Brown will improve the run game so much that it will also increase Chase's productivity because they're just more that the defense has to account for.
Reply/Quote
Theres no problem with this when you are paying a rookie QB for 5 yrs.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Chase has zero incentive to sign soon. The longer he waits the more the cap rises, the more contracts inflate, and the more money hes going to get. 

Sure he does. How much $ is he currently guarenteed to make in 2026? 

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chase should not get a contract like Jefferson because Jefferson is the best WR in the NFL, Chase isnt.  Something tells me Chase's ego will see him want to be paid as much as Jefferson though when he should be slotted a little behind him.
I think Chase is probably the second best WR in the NFL and may take the crown from Jefferson considering the respective QB situations.

He's going to get Jefferson type money. Right or wrong. That is the market.
Reply/Quote

That's a hell of a gamble for any football player to make though. Hope to not get injured and sign a massive deal in the future < Signing a already massive deal right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I looked up Chad's career earnings. He made $48million. Tee is getting nearly half that in one season and isn't as good - certainly nowhere near as consistent. Wowza!!!!

Bengals once again look like fools for not signing him last off-season before the market exploded. I would guess the issue is the guaranteed money that the Bengals can't front due to cash on hand. That ain't going away any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 07:48 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I looked up Chad's career earnings. He made $48million. Tee is getting nearly half that in one season and isn't as good - certainly nowhere near as consistent. Wowza!!!!

Bengals once again look like fools for not signing him last off-season before the market exploded.
I would guess the issue is the guaranteed money that the Bengals can't front due to cash on hand. That ain't going away any time soon.

It's either that or they weren't allowed to sign him until after his 3rd NFL season.

I hate it when folks look like fools. 

Reply/Quote

Chase probably wants to sign a 3 year extension now (5 total years) so he's 28 and still in his prime headed into his next contract year. He could collect three large pay days in less than 10 years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 08:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Chase probably wants to sign a 3 year extension now (5 total years) so he's 28 and still in his prime headed into his next contract year. He could collect three large pay days in less than 10 years.

Yep

Not many stars in the NBA signing for more than 3 years right now either.

The popularity of the sports is getting so crazy idk if I’d be against signing 1 or 2 year deals. If Burrow would’ve signed his deal last year the top a QB could’ve got was waaay lower and that was just 2 years ago

If I’m a young boy like Chase i don’t think I’d even sign it this year

I’d wait one more. Very possible the going price is higher
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Trading Chase has to be at least on the table. Though now that's a much tougher sell.
Reply/Quote