Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North.
If we could just make it into the Superbowl we have an excellent chance of winning the Championship. Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 06:15 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If we could just make it into the Superbowl we have an excellent chance of winning the Championship. Tongue

Yes strange record for this year. They have beaten some really good teams, maybe even the eventual SB champs (SF on the road!) and lost to a bad Tennessee team. They are going to end up with wins against quite a few teams that make the post season (SF, Buffalo, LAR, JAX, Indy? Min?) and probably 0 AFCN wins.

Gotta chalk yesterday up to not having your 2 best/most valuable players on offense but the defensive decline this season has been alarming.
Reply/Quote
Hmm, in 2022 we swept the NFC South and this year we swept the NFC West.  Wacky.  We built a team to win the NFC at least.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I expect some moves in the Offseason to right our wrongs in our Division, that is unacceptable.

Like Burrow says, if we can win our Division, we can win it all. Not this year if we cannot even win a game in our Division lol
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I expect some moves in the Offseason to right our wrongs in our Division, that is unacceptable.

Like Burrow says, if we can win our Division, we can win it all. Not this year if we cannot even win a game in our Division lol

Burrow should say, if we can go 0-6 in our division and still make the playoffs, we can win it all unless we run into one of the teams from our division in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow should say, if we can go 0-6 in our division and still make the playoffs, we can win it all unless we run into one of the teams from our division in the playoffs. 

Yeah, if we make it, better not play the Ratbirds or Stains lol
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if we make it, better not play the Ratbirds or Stains lol

Ha, imagine saying that before the season started.  I think we can make a run, as long as we don't run into Joe Flacco and the Browns in the playoffs!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ha, imagine saying that before the season started.  I think we can make a run, as long as we don't run into Joe Flacco and the Browns in the playoffs!

Wild. This game is weird sometimes. Gotta love it.
Reply/Quote
Just switch divisions with the Bears.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
We are fine outside of the division. 17-3 over the past 2 years. However we are 3-8 inside the division over the past 2 years. Gotta fix that next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 02:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Just switch divisions with the Bears.

That would be awesome! LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Zac is 9-20 vs the AFC North.

Until he gets better, the team will continue to struggle.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Zac is 9-20 vs the AFC North.

And won the division the last 2 years in a row. Quick has Harbaugh or Tomlin done that? They’ve both coached 15 seasons minimum
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And won the division the last 2 years in a row. Quick has Harbaugh or Tomlin done that? They’ve both coached 15 seasons minimum

Yet both have a SB championship. Something Taylor won’t until he gets a real OC
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 08:16 PM)OUatown Wrote: Yet both have a SB championship. Something Taylor won’t until he gets a real OC

Negatory
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
When they study us, they know how to play us. Is it the NFC East next year?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And won the division the last 2 years in a row. Quick has Harbaugh or Tomlin done that? They’ve both coached 15 seasons minimum

I take the SB over back 2 back division crowns, but hey maybe you prefer winning the division. Also, Tomlin has NEVER won less than 8 games. The Pittsburgh fan base is getting restless. Yet some get upset when we question ZT and his .456 win%!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 02:40 AM)OUatown Wrote: I take the SB over back 2 back division crowns, but hey maybe you prefer winning the division. Also, Tomlin has NEVER won less than 8 games. The Pittsburgh fan base is getting restless. Yet some get upset when we question ZT and his .456 win%!

You have to look at more recent history to see why fans feel the way they do. The Steelers/Tomlin have not won a playoff game since 2016 while Zac and the Bengals have been in a SB and the last two AFCC games over the past couple of seasons.
Zac isn’t the best play caller but he’s had some major (for this franchise) recent success while Tomlin is barely keeping his winning seasons streak alive while missing the playoffs or losing in the first round.
Reply/Quote
I was going to make a similar thread eventually, while posting our stats inside and outside of our division. I feel like the division has caught up to Zac and obviously other teams that play us less frequently and don't literally draft with "stopping the Bengals" in mind haven't yet.

Zac and staff need to adjust back. Otherwise, this division will go 6-0 against us every year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Zac is 9-20 vs the AFC North.

Not really fair to include years where Zac sucked against everyone. Or I should say those years don't really indicate that Zac has always struggled against just the division.

More accurately, Zac sucked against everyone for 2 years, then he was solid against the division for 2 years, now he is unbelievably terrible against the division while being great (8-2) against everyone else.

This paints a picture that Zac was likely rebuilding for 2 years, got a good team going, but now the division has been drafting to stop us and has had a few years to study the offense and defense.

At least, IMO, anyways.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote