Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5-12
Now that this franchise preseason is over, and as much as it pains me in to agree with talking heads, 5-12 is the best case scenario barring key season ending injuries!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:03 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Now that this franchise preseason is over, and as much as it pains me in to agree with talking heads, 5-12 is the best case scenario barring key season ending injuries!  Cool

Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Cry Cry Cry

Now that you've given the 'middle school' response, what numbers do you predict Sledster, or are you at scared?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Now that you've given the 'middle school' response, what numbers do you predict Sledster, or are you at scared?

9 or 10 wins, if Burrow stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 9 or 10 wins, if Burrow stays healthy.

I'll see you in January and we'll compare numbers! Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'll see you in January and we'll compare numbers! Wink

Oh boy, we can't wait.  You need to just make a yearly doom and gloom thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I’d be happy with that outcome! Really don’t want to make any predictions this year though. Just hoping to see the defense play better, and the offensive line play better, and Burrow to stay healthy. Just want to see the team get better—and learn how to win.
Reply/Quote

Much more reasonable.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’d be happy with that outcome! Really don’t want to make any predictions this year though. Just hoping to see the defense play better, and the offensive line play better, and Burrow to stay healthy. Just want to see the team get better—and learn how to win.

Besides penalties and turn overs, the running game is suspect as well as the yards given on defense by the run.
Reply/Quote
We saw, literally, 1 pass from Burrow so far.

We have no idea what kind of season we'll have but it would be a disaster to have any fewer than 7 wins.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think if Burrow stays healthy and the rest of the team stays relatively healthy I think 9 wins should be the bar we're going for this season. I think the defense looked good this preseason and the oline pass protected well.

I really don't know why the heck we even played Burrow if those are the plays we are going to run and not keep him out there if it doesn't work. I mean that's not knocking any rust off. I know that wasn't brought up but I was guessing this was a reaction to the game. I'm thinking with Mike Brown saying early Burrow wouldn't play this preseason this was Zac Taylor's way of saying he's in control. But it's stupid and worthless if your not actually gonna push them a little to accomplish anything positive.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We saw, literally, 1 pass from Burrow so far.

We have no idea what kind of season we'll have but it would be a disaster to have any fewer than 7 wins.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Burrow delivered that pass as he should. The resulting drop was on Chase. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow delivered that pass as he should. The resulting drop was on Chase. 

Yes, and even if he caught it the defense was all over him.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Besides penalties and turn overs, the running game is suspect as well as the yards given on defense by the run.

This is definitely concerning. I think last year two of our biggest weaknesses were the run game and stopping the run.

I’m not as concerned with the run game if the pass game is as good as last year and we can open up the run with the pass game. I also think the offensive line is slowly getting better—and the running game will as well.

The run defense is the biggest concern on defense. Another concern is can we shut down teams late in games to secure wins.

Dalvin Cook is the toughest test we could face in week 1. Will he eclipse 200 yards? It is possible. If we can limit him to 150 and a TD, and limit the pass offense of the Viking to a Td or two, we’ll have a chance if our offense is as expected.

There’s a lot to be determined yet. You can’t really gauge how we’ll fair based on preseason.
Reply/Quote
I think or at least hope they're going to be run heavy team this year. They seem to have the horses finally to pull it off depending on how the starters and backups play on the Oline.. I don't trust the oline to be a pass happy team at least not yet..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The pass to chase was a terrible play call as the defense saw it coming and chase got blown up. If he caught the ball he was at risk of fumbling it. Hard to succeed when you’re put in a bad position by the coaching. Seemed like they were calling the offense with Burrow in an attempt not to get him hurt. Easy Pickens for the defense.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: This is definitely concerning. I think last year two of our biggest weaknesses were the run game and stopping the run.

I’m not as concerned with the run game if the pass game is as good as last year and we can open up the run with the pass game. I also think the offensive line is slowly getting better—and the running game will as well.

The run defense is the biggest concern on defense. Another concern is can we shut down teams late in games to secure wins.

Dalvin Cook is the toughest test we could face in week 1. Will he eclipse 200 yards? It is possible. If we can limit him to 150 and a TD, and limit the pass offense of the Viking to a Td or two, we’ll have a chance if our offense is as expected.

There’s a lot to be determined yet. You can’t really gauge how we’ll fair based on preseason.
Preseason basically tells us who will and won't be on the team for the most part. I think the defense took huge strides since last year when so many were injured right from jump. If the corners stay healthy I think we're in good shape other than perhaps the overall pass rush which is getting a bit thin..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
7 wins Chase has more catches than drops.... Barely....

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I feel like if the team has improved offensive line play they can get 8 maybe 9 wins, but they really need to come out of these first 4 games like 3-1 to give 9 wins hope.

I just hope Chase stops dropping these balls that are very catchable. The D looks like it can be top 15, which will really help burrow with field position and scoring points.

Let’s just hope the bengals make the right decisions
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: This is definitely concerning. I think last year two of our biggest weaknesses were the run game and stopping the run.

When the starters were in this preseason the run defense looked good. Now hopefully that translates to the regular season and I agree week 1 will be a very good test.The Vikings run the ball quite a bit and Dalvin Cook is very good so I'm sure he'll get his rushing/receiving but hopefully we can limit them which I think we will.

Atleast what little I've read I think the Vikings have had some issues with they're oline so hopefully we can get after Cousin's a bit. As far as our offense I guess that's the great mystery but as long as we can protect Burrow and call a smart game which I'm less optimistic about then we should have a good chance. Also assuming we keep Patrick it would be nice to see him utilized a little although that might be the homer talking as he could very well not even be active if we keep him.
Reply/Quote