Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
5 Sacks in First Game
(09-17-2021, 03:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote:  Good post. But the part about the non-sack hits not being knockdowns is wrong, at least on one. He gets crunched on the TD to Higgins. Watch it again. XSF beat cleanly.   

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32197548

Thanks. Better shot than I had. And the guy that hit him did so well after release - should have been roughing called. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jonah not only allowed zero sacks, but he did not even allow a single QB pressure the entire game.

You sure you got the right number?  Are you talking about our LT?

I don't think he knows who he is talking about...

Sure wasn't Jonah. Mellow

(09-17-2021, 05:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Trey didn't blame the rust, he manned up and said it was wrong technique on his part. So, it sounds like not having enough reps in camp in regards to new technique from Pollack. I don't think it's panic button time just yet.

Makes me feel better, get'er down Trey.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 03:06 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Our qb will never finish this season and will be seriously injured SOON.. Number 73 of the oline got it handed to him all game.He is not a nfl ready tackle and it shows against top d linemen. Remember he got sacked 5 times BECAUSE of this offensive line.They are AVERAGE at best. And the rb is supposed to block as well and numbe 34 blew it twice and got our qb sacked.Our season greatly depends of this 0-line and they are porus at best.I am greatly concerned.Number 73 is not big enough or powerful enough. He gets man-handled ALOT. Cry Cry Cry Cry

Bullshit.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bullshit.

I think he was making fun of the worryworts

just a little too hamfisted though. No nuance
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 05:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Thanks. Better shot than I had. And the guy that hit him did so well after release - should have been roughing called. 

That was literally a 1 step (that was already in the process of being taken) hit from a 300+lb guy, as legit as a hit there is. If they started calling that against the Bengals DL, we'd be throwing remotes at our TVs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 11:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That was literally a 1 step (that was already in the process of being taken) hit from a 300+lb guy, as legit as a hit there is. If they started calling that against the Bengals DL, we'd be throwing remotes at our TVs.

Absolutely.

That guy beat XSF easily and the hit was a one step and finish kind of action. It is really obvious on the replay from the endzone that it wasn't late.

I know fans are super protective of their QBs and that makes sense, but it is still tackle football and you have to let the defense play too.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 11:14 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Do you think Joe survives the season?

Poll that shit.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 03:06 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Our qb will never finish this season and will be seriously injured SOON.. Number 73 of the oline got it handed to him all game.He is not a nfl ready tackle and it shows against top d linemen. Remember he got sacked 5 times BECAUSE of this offensive line.They are AVERAGE at best. And the rb is supposed to block as well and numbe 34 blew it twice and got our qb sacked.Our season greatly depends of this 0-line and they are porus at best.I am greatly concerned.Number 73 is not big enough or powerful enough. He gets man-handled ALOT. Cry Cry Cry Cry

You're such a silly, silly boy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Let’s see. I suck at math but 5 sacks x 17 games = 85 sacks. Good Lord. We just can’t have this!
Trey was really bad. Let Trey Hill play. The dude is massive and strong. Can’t do much worse especially if Trey Hop isn’t 100%. XSF scares me too. Does anyone know or have any information about Smith or Carmen being ready or improving enough to get on the field. XSF has really been a quality backup in his career, not a long term solution.
I agree with everyone that the Value, Football IQ, and blocking of Gio was way overlooked and undervalued. Regardless, let’s blitz and rattle the Red Rifle and lay a smack down on Da Bears! Who Dey!
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone here agrees that Burrow needs to be protected so he can safely recover from his injury.

But only the extreme drama queens are comparing his situation to Greg Cook.  Cook NEVER recovered from his injury.  He complete just one pass two years after his injury.  Burrow has recovered well enough to have one of the best passing games in the league on opening day and is not limited anyway in practice.

I hope you're right GB.  With the sketchy Bengal OL you can be certain if it's not cleaned up, and the Bears don't get him, they will at least, beat up the OL, as Watt and the rest of the Squealers will be licking their chops.

Don't be stupid enough to believe he's at 100% and know that a good shot on that leg can take him out in a heartbeat.

I want to be wrong, and time will tell.
Reply/Quote
Are the Bengals on pace for 85 sacks?!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:35 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Are the Bengals on pace for 85 sacks?!!!

On pace for 75+

Great job, bengals
Reply/Quote
Try Trey Hill at C?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Run blocking with healthy Mixon better but pass blocking is not, Pollack needs to get this line on same page or we are in trouble in Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
Can we trade back for price? Obviously joking...kinda...don't come after me.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Try Trey Hill at C?

I'm not pointing any fingers, but Hopkins is continually the weak link in communication breakdowns; they even pointed it out in the broadcast, but he keeps blocking the wrong guys and it's leaving free rushers.

Maybe Hill will be better? Hopkins strengths were always his smarts and communication, but they appear to be out the window, this year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Run blocking with healthy Mixon better but pass blocking is not, Pollack needs to get this line on same page or we are in trouble in Pittsburgh

No Watt or Tuitt = not an issue, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure if its been posted. But I just saw Joe Burrow is only the 3rd QB to be sacked 5 times in both of his first 2 games in the last 10 years. Time to throw all expectations out for the season and make our #1 priority protecting Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Not sure if its been posted. But I just saw Joe Burrow is only the 3rd QB to be sacked 5 times in both of his first 2 games in the last 10 years. Time to throw all expectations out for the season and make our #1 priority protecting Burrow.

LMAO

yea just 2 years too late
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Not sure if its been posted. But I just saw Joe Burrow is only the 3rd QB to be sacked 5 times in both of his first 2 games in the last 10 years. Time to throw all expectations out for the season and make our #1 priority protecting Burrow.

Well I still believe he holds ball a bit too long but he can get better with time on that
Reply/Quote