Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh Will Be The 6th Seed
Steelers aren't even making the playoffs. Yeah, I said it.

The Jets are going to beat the Bills and surprise everyone by beating a listless Patriots team that after falling behind early, decides to do what they usually don't and rest their starters.

AND, the Steelers will go into Cleveland already feeling and acting like they've got the 6th seed locked up and will play down to their opponent (which they usually do anyway). Cleveland has a pretty decent defense as is and with Pitt not taking the game seriously at first, will find themselves down in a hole and unable to get out of it because of the Brown's defense. Meanwhile, Pitt's defense has made AJ McCarron and Brock Osweiler look like pretty good QBs, so Manziel will come out and look like an All Pro against Pitt.

So in 3 weeks while we're trying to figure out which team we're going to play after the bye, Steelers fans will be crying, calling Browns cheaters, calling the refs out for helping the Browns cheat, calling the NFL out for helping the Jets get into the playoffs, calling for Tomlin's head and railing on anyone and everyone about how the Steelers were either undeserving of a playoff spot and/or the NFL front office went through all sorts of effort to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not a nightmare at all. You act like the Steelers are unbeatable. The Bengals are probably the one team that can and will beat them. We won't have a nightmarish 3rd down deficiency if we play again since Burfict will be on the field. We'll have Eifert and Adam Jones back and possibly Dalton. Even if no AD, AJ McCarron will have a few games under his belt with time to prepare. Heck, he lit them up for 282 yards and 2 TD's with no preparation.

I welcome another game against Pitt and I bet the Bengals do also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:57 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I welcome another game against Pitt and I bet the Bengals do also.

There's no doubt in my  mind the Bengal players would RELISH another chance to play Pittsburgh. However, considering that they allowed the Steelers' cheapshotness, er, "chippyness" to get to them, I'd be worried the problem would be exacerbated.

In the end, my only concern is having Dalton back for the playoffs. If he can come back and give us what he's given us all season, I see no reason we can't compete for the Super Bowl. We can beat any and all teams with a healthy Dalton at QB. Anything less, well, then I start to get worried.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:35 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think it's pretty much a given that the Steelers are going to win out, as they have Baltimore and Cleveland.  Good news is by the time Baltimore gets to us in the last game, they will be competing for top pick in the draft and not have that much interest in winning.

If it is a pretty much given they beat Baltimore and Cleveland... it is a pretty much given we beat Baltimore... but I seen crazier things happen in the NFL... I actually think Cleveland might have a long shot chance against the Steelers.. with Manziel getting better and looking to up his trade value.. this will be his and Cleveland's Super Bowl...  though it will probably be a home game for Steelers at both Baltimore and Cleveland since those fans are dumping their tickets cheap cheap cheap right now
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:57 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Not a nightmare at all.  You act like the Steelers are unbeatable.  The Bengals are probably the one team that can and will beat them.  We won't have a nightmarish 3rd down deficiency if we play again since Burfict will be on the field.  We'll have Eifert and Adam Jones back and possibly Dalton.  Even if no AD, AJ McCarron will have a few games under his belt with time to prepare.  Heck, he lit them up for 282 yards and 2 TD's with no preparation.  

I welcome another game against Pitt and I bet the Bengals do also.

Probably because the Bengals are 2-12 against the Steelers in Cincinnati under Lewis. They are also 0-6 in the playoffs under Lewis. There's also memories of 2005.

None of those exactly inspire confidence. They're also just one Classic Dirty MF Steelers play away from having Wenning in at QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
What's crazy is when the Bengals beat the Broncos monday the Broncos have a fair chance of losing the AFC West to the Chiefs and could miss the playoffs completely...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm not really worried about the Steelers as a team that can beat us, but more so a team that can hurt us.

Every time these two teams have played the past 3 games, someone gets majorly hurt. Last year the Bengals and Steelers essentially knocked each other out of the playoffs. Then this year both teams ended up getting major injuries during the games.

I'm more so worried about health rather than defeat. We can beat the Steelers, I'm just worried about beating them and keeping core players healthy.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote