Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years $46 mil for TE Travis Kelce 1yr ago. Do Bengals pay Tyler Eifert that?
Leonard Fournette gone for sure and Solomon Thomas likely gone before pick 9.
I do think the Bengals would take Solomon Thomas but all indications are he won't be there.
Derek Barnett, maybe, but would likely rotate with Michael Johnson and many Scouts consider Barnett to not be a sure thing with limited moves plus less inside value than Solomon Thomas.
Using 2 linebackers in Nickel packages a lot with Minter signing may mean no Reuben Foster as draft pick.
Lafell with 1,000 yard potential may mean no Corey Davis.
2 starting Safeties in the fold may make them wait on Drafting another.

Letting Tyler Eifert walk may net a 3rd round Compensatory pick.
Recent ankle and back surgeries for Eifert.
Nearly $10 million per year likely to extend Eifert in new market even with injury history.

* Brace yourselves because the more I think about this the more I think the pick will be OJ Howard.
   A team picking before the Bengals and taking Howard could be the only way it doesn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:11 PM)depthchart Wrote: Leonard Fournette gone for sure and Solomon Thomas likely gone before pick 9.
I do think the Bengals would take Solomon Thomas but all indications are he won't be there.
Derek Barnett, maybe, but would likely rotate with Michael Johnson and many Scouts consider Barnett to not be a sure thing with limited moves plus less inside value than Solomon Thomas.
Using 2 linebackers in Nickel packages a lot with Minter signing may mean no Reuben Foster as draft pick.

Nearly $10 million per year likely to extend Eifert in new market even with injury history.

* Brace yourselves because the more I think about this the more I think the pick will be OJ Howard.
   A team picking before the Bengals and taking Howard could be the only way it doesn't happen.

I don't see the team paying $9+ mill a year for a TE, let alone an oft-injured one. It does make a lot of sense for the Bengals to take a TE early with the intent to groom as a rookie and then take over after the incumbent leaves for big $$ in FA.

People may really have to start preparing themselves for OJ Howard at 9.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No way I would agree to that kind of money do to his injuries. Also something to consider is how many concussions he has had.

Reply/Quote
Or trade back and David njoku who may have as much upside. Why pay that when a ready made replacement is there for the taking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think Howard is a good pick on his own merits, but some people have the Jets taking him.

Anyway, I still take the best pass rusher we can get with No.9. If we trade back, that opens up a lot of things.

I would prefer to give Eifert another season to try and stay on the field, and if he does, I would pay him. He's a major talent.
Reply/Quote
Travis Kelce hasn't missed a game in three years and just finished an 1,100+ yard season.

If Eifert leaves, it will be because he wasn't healthy again, in which case he'll probably get a 1 year deal in FA and the Bengals will end up with a 7th round comp pick.

LaFell also doesn't have 1,000 yard potential, because he's turning 31 this year and has never put up 1,000 yards. He didn't even put up 1,000 when he had Tom Brady as his QB. It isn't going to happen unless the Bengals are constantly playing from way behind and AJ Green gets hurt.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No way I would agree to that kind of money do to his injuries.  Also something to consider is how many concussions he has had.

I forgot the concussions.
The Offense is much better in the Red Zone when Eifert is playing, so replacing him with OJ Howard who will likely be more durable could help the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Travis Kelce hasn't missed a game in three years and just finished an 1,100+ yard season.

If Eifert leaves, it will be because he wasn't healthy again, in which case he'll probably get a 1 year deal in FA and the Bengals will end up with a 7th round comp pick.

LaFell also doesn't have 1,000 yard potential, because he's turning 31 this year and has never put up 1,000 yards. He didn't even put up 1,000 when he had Tom Brady as his QB. It isn't going to happen unless the Bengals are constantly playing from way behind and AJ Green gets hurt.

I think Eifert draws Big money in Free agency no matter what. Still young and a Pro Bowl talent when playing. May not hit Travis Kelce money but should get near it. IMO

Lafell had 862 yards last year on a new team and in an Offense with a new Offensive Co-ordinator. Say your right but he gets 900 yards. Two year extension also. I think the Bengals see him as at or about a 1,000 yard guy which may be just enough to keep them from going WR in round one.
Reply/Quote
Id put money the best deal he gets is from us. Im sure well be the only team to offer 5 years
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see the team paying $9+ mill a year for a TE, let alone an oft-injured one. It does make a lot of sense for the Bengals to take a TE early with the intent to groom as a rookie and then take over after the incumbent leaves for big $$ in FA.

People may really have to start preparing themselves for OJ Howard at 9.

I have already resigned myself to the very real possibility of this.  And I'm okay with it, honestly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:54 PM)Housh Wrote: Id put money the best deal he gets is from us. Im sure well be the only team to offer 5 years

I dunno. Hue knows him very well and the Browns will still have a good amount of money to lure him to Cleveland. Plus, Barnidge is 31 years old, so if they don't address TE early in this draft, Eifert could be a prime target for them next offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:11 PM)depthchart Wrote: Leonard Fournette gone for sure and Solomon Thomas likely gone before pick 9.

Nice realistic thread. Sounds very likely. Not against it either. Howard is the best TE in this very deep TE class.

I would rather take the End here, Barnett instead and get a TE later cause of how deep this class is and still think
this is the most likely but Howard also makes a lot of sense and the 2nd most now. OJ Howard, Jordan Willis and
John Toth with the 3 first picks would make me happy...
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:48 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think Eifert draws Big money in Free agency no matter what. Still young and a Pro Bowl talent when playing. May not hit Travis Kelce money but should get near it. IMO

Lafell had 862 yards last year on a new team and in an Offense with a new Offensive Co-ordinator. Say your right but he gets 900 yards. Two year extension also. I think the Bengals see him as at or about a 1,000 yard guy which may be just enough to keep them from going WR in round one.

I don't see how LaFell keeps them from taking a possible elite, game changing wide receiver.  LaFell is a decent number two, but he does not stretch the field and is not a great red zone talent.
Reply/Quote
As much as I don't agree with his draft takes, Lapham usually has the Bengals pegged.

He's on record saying that he thinks they go pass-rusher at 9 and if the guy they want isn't there, they go WR.
Reply/Quote
After losing top young talent both of the last two seasons this time they need to step up and get the players signed - and do it now instead of waiting until next season when they have no way to do it. Get both Tez and Eifert signed.
Reply/Quote
Easily I would pay that the guy has proven he is elite when healthy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:36 PM)J24 Wrote: Easily I would pay that the guy has proven he is elite when healthy.

That's the issue though. When healthy.

Eifert has started in 15 games the last 3 years. He's played 22 games since 2014.

Also, Kelce has proven he deserved that contract.
While Kelce isn't as big as a TD machine, he's been healthy.  He hasn't missed a game the last 3 years. He hasn't had below 860 receiving yards the last 3 years. He even had 1,100 receiving yards with Alex Smith throwing to him.

Eifert has the POTENTIAL to be elite. But he's so far been a one year wonder.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:29 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't see how LaFell keeps them from taking a possible elite, game changing wide receiver.  LaFell is a decent number two, but he does not stretch the field and is not a great red zone talent.

You could be right.
I see DE or WR or OJ Howard as the possible 1st pick in no particular order. All depends on their plans for Eifert.
I think Solomon Thomas is their guy if there. I'm not sold on them wanting Derek Barnett.
Either of the top two receivers is an Upgrade over Lafell and that may be what they do if they really are planning on extending Eifert.
It is the saving money part plus a Comp pick that has me on OJ Howard watch.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That's the issue though. When healthy.

Eifert has started in 15 games the last 3 years. He's played 22 games since 2014.

Also, Kelce has proven he deserved that contract.
While Kelce isn't as big as a TD machine, he's been healthy.  He hasn't missed a game the last 3 years. He hasn't had below 860 receiving yards the last 3 years. He even had 1,100 receiving yards with Alex Smith throwing to him.

Eifert has the POTENTIAL to be elite. But he's so far been a one year wonder.
Are any of his injuries considered career threatening? He has 18 touchdowns in his last 20 games I would consider him more than a one year wonder at this point.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wrote an article about this on Stripe Hype and believe that the Bengals will most likely resign him if he has a full season of no injuries and plays well.

Draft a TE in the 2-4 rounds range just in case or keep developing C.J. Uzomah/Kroft.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote