Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years $46 mil for TE Travis Kelce 1yr ago. Do Bengals pay Tyler Eifert that?
(04-02-2017, 12:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love the impact Eifert has on the field, but the Bengals have to factor injuries into negotiations. They'd be dumb not to. 

Honestly I think everything depends on this season. If he stays healthy and productive, you make every effort to sign him. If he misses 5+ games again, I'd just let him walk.

Completely agree about factoring in the injuries but the dude would definately be much cheaper if he didn't stay healthy
again and is a rare talent when he is on the field. I bet we bring him back if he cannot stay healthy more-so than if he stays
healthy for an entire season and has like 15+ TD's...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 12:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love the impact Eifert has on the field, but the Bengals have to factor injuries into negotiations. They'd be dumb not to. 

Honestly I think everything depends on this season. If he stays healthy and productive, you make every effort to sign him. If he misses 5+ games again, I'd just let him walk.
I think the whole what to do about Eifert situation is exactly why, if given the chance, the Bengals will draft OJ Howard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: I think the whole what to do about Eifert situation is exactly why, if given the chance, the Bengals will draft OJ Howard.

Sure is sounding more and more likely and i am all for it honestly.

He would help this team a lot as both a pass catcher and as a blocker that could help out our young OT's.

We can get an End like Jordan Willis in the 2nd and a Center in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree about factoring in the injuries but the dude would definately be much cheaper if he didn't stay healthy
again and is a rare talent when he is on the field. I bet we bring him back if he cannot stay healthy more-so than if he stays
healthy for an entire season and has like 15+ TD's...

Good point Nate, and I agree. It almost seems we're screwed either way. 

(04-06-2017, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: I think the whole what to do about Eifert situation is exactly why, if given the chance, the Bengals will draft OJ Howard.

Yeah you guys are doing a good job of convincing me that Howard might be the pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 08:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point Nate, and I agree. It almost seems we're screwed either way. 

Yeah you guys are doing a good job of convincing me that Howard might be the pick.

If you don't keep Eifert, you have his replacement.  If you do, you've got another scary weapon to unleash on defenses.  And then there's the blocking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice realistic thread. Sounds very likely. Not against it either. Howard is the best TE in this very deep TE class.

I would rather take the End here, Barnett instead and get a TE later cause of how deep this class is and still think
this is the most likely but Howard also makes a lot of sense and the 2nd most now. OJ Howard, Jordan Willis and
John Toth with the 3 first picks would make me happy...

I want Howard more and more everyday.Its possible he could be better than Eiffert and i doubt he is made of glass like 85 is
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 08:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point Nate, and I agree. It almost seems we're screwed either way. 

Atleast if Eifert is injured once again we would have insurance with Howard, could afford Eifert and when both these
guys are playing we would be almost or even just as talented as anyone, including Gronk and Bennett.

(04-06-2017, 11:31 PM)McC Wrote: If you don't keep Eifert, you have his replacement.  If you do, you've got another scary weapon to unleash on defenses.  And then there's the blocking.

You know it brother. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 01:18 AM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: I want Howard more and more everyday.Its possible he could be better than Eiffert and i doubt he is made of glass like 85 is

Howard is a tough mother no doubt that can do it all...
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No way I would agree to that kind of money do to his injuries.  Also something to consider is how many concussions he has had.

I tend to agree.  Injuries are a problem for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote