Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53 Predictions
Now that all PS games are over. Who you got?

REMINDERS:
If we want to IR someone and bring them back after 4 weeks they must be on the original 53
The new QB rule could short us a position player on the 53. (3rd QB doesn't count against Game Day, but does against the 53)
Not on the roster is OK
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would currently go with...

QB-Burrow, Browning, Siemien
RB-Mixon, Williams, Evans, Brown
WR-Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Jones, Iosivas, Irwin
TE-Smith, Sample, Wilcox,
T-Brown, Williams, Carman, Adeniji
G-Volson, Cappa, Scharping
C-Karras, Hill
Edge-Hendrickson, Hubbard, Murphy, Ossai, Sample
DT-Reader, Hill, Carter, Tupou, Tufele
LB-Wilson, Pratt, Davis-Gaither, Bailey
CB-Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, Hilton, Turner, Ivey, Davis, (Jones)
S-Hill, Scott, Battle, Anderson, (Thomas)
K-MacPherson
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

(I think Jones will make the 53 to be put in IR with the ability to return and Thomas will be brought back once that is done)
Reply/Quote
I dolllod not watch the game, so my fringe picks are completely uninformed.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: I would currently go with...

QB-Burrow, Browning
TE-Smith, Sample, Wilcox, Hudson
C-Karras, Hill
K-MacPherson
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

(I think Jones will make the 53 to be put in IR with the ability to return and Thomas will be brought back once that is done)

That’s a good list but new rules 3 QB’s on the 53. Gameday you can switch them out only with practice squad.. Stanley Morgan probably makes it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

QB-Burrow, Browning
TE-Smith, Sample, Wilcox, Hudson
C-Karras, Hill
K-MacPherson
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

That’s a good list but new rules 3 QB’s on the 53. Gameday you can switch them out only.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s a good list but new rules 3 QB’s on the 53. Gameday you can switch them out only.

Didn't think of that.  Added Siemien and dropped Hudson.  I think they will try to slide him to the PS in that case, although I could also see Chase Brown getting the axe.  
Reply/Quote

C-Karras, Hill
K-MacPherson
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

So you think we cut Collins ?
Reply/Quote
you can have a 3rd emergency QB active on gameday and not count against the gameday roster. He has to be on the 53 for that to happen. If he is on the PS, he can only be activated 3 times per season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: Didn't think of that.  Added Siemien and dropped Hudson.  I think they will try to slide him to the PS in that case, although I could also see Chase Brown getting the axe.  

I doubt they release Brown he’d be scooped up. Collins I see Reserve/Pup list and maybe Trayveon.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 12:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you think we cut Collins ?

He's on PUP
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
QB-Burrow, Browning
WR-Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Jones, Iosivas, Irwin, Morgan
TE-Smith, Sample, Wilcox (but will not be shocked if its Hudson instead of Wilcox)
T-Brown, Williams, Carman, Smith
G-Volson, Cappa, Hill
C-Karras, Scharping
Edge-Hendrickson, Hubbard, Murphy, Ossai, Sample, Johnson
DT-Reader, Hill, Carter, Tupou,
LB-Wilson, Pratt, Davis-Gaither, Bailey, Batchie
CB-Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, Hilton, Turner, Ivey, Davis
S-Hill, Scott, Battle, Anderson
K-MacPherson
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

PUP-Collins

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I doubt they release Brown he’d be scooped up. Collins I see Reserve/Pup list and maybe Trayveon.

Trayveon would have to make the 53 in order to go on non-season-ending IR.  Maybe they cut Mixon, as a vested vet he wouldn't be subject to waivers, and he sure as heck wouldn't sign anywhere else, to make that happen

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: Trayveon would have to make the 53 in order to go on non-season-ending IR.  Maybe they cut Mixon, as a vested vet he wouldn't be subject to waivers, and he sure as heck wouldn't sign anywhere else, to make that happen

Interesting. Maybe I’m reading wrong but it seems Collins has to be on the reserve/Pup. Also am I reading wrong that a third QB has to be on 53?

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Interesting. Maybe I’m reading wrong but it seems Collins has to be on the reserve/Pup. Also am I reading wrong that a third QB has to be on 53?

Collins will be on PUP to start the season which means he can be brought back when ready.  PUP players do not count against the 53 so no action needs to be taken with him.

To properly utilize the "emergency" QB rule, the team needs to carry the 3rd QB on the 53 roster.  I just do not see that happening with the Bengals.  Too many other position groups need/deserve the extra roster spot.

They can bring up a QB from the PS for game day and make him the emergency QB but PS players can only be brought up 3 times per season without being signed to the 53.  It doesn't seem logical to use that option on the oft chance the team loses 2 QBs in a single game.  If by chance that does happen, Tyler Boyd is the presumed emergency QB...or at least he used to be.  Do we have any other players who have ever played QB?

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's on PUP

thanks
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:19 PM)pally Wrote: Trayveon would have to make the 53 in order to go on non-season-ending IR.  Maybe they cut Mixon, as a vested vet he wouldn't be subject to waivers, and he sure as heck wouldn't sign anywhere else, to make that happen

I think they cut a veteran like Morgan and then put Williams on IR .  I don;t think they want to let Brown or Evans go on practice squad as thin as we are at RB and lose one of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:42 PM)pally Wrote: Collins will be on PUP to start the season which means he can be brought back when ready.  PUP players do not count against the 53 so no action needs to be taken with him.

To properly utilize the "emergency" QB rule, the team needs to carry the 3rd QB on the 53 roster.  I just do not see that happening with the Bengals.  Too many other position groups need/deserve the extra roster spot.

They can bring up a QB from the PS for game day and make him the emergency QB but PS players can only be brought up 3 times per season without being signed to the 53.  It doesn't seem logical to use that option on the oft chance the team loses 2 QBs in a single game.  If by chance that does happen, Tyler Boyd is the presumed emergency QB...or at least he used to be.  Do we have any other players who have ever played QB?

I thought Collins would go on reserve/pup and be available after the fourth game. I think Sieman is on the 53 but switched out on Gameday. I don’t see 4 RB or TE on the 53.

Reply/Quote

C-Karras, Hill
K-MacPherson
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

Cannot argue with any of this, I would cut Siemian though, dude has been pretty bad. Keep Hudson instead who looked good.

I like that you didn't list Asiasi as this guy has been not existent and with bad hands since he got here. Just not impressive at TE.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:17 PM)pally Wrote: QB-Burrow, Browning
WR-Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Jones, Iosivas, Irwin, Morgan
TE-Smith, Sample, Wilcox (but will not be shocked if its Hudson instead of Wilcox)
T-Brown, Williams, Carman, Smith
G-Volson, Cappa, Hill
C-Karras, Scharping
Edge-Hendrickson, Hubbard, Murphy, Ossai, Sample, Johnson
DT-Reader, Hill, Carter, Tupou,
LB-Wilson, Pratt, Davis-Gaither, Bailey, Batchie
CB-Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, Hilton, Turner, Ivey, Davis  
S-Hill, Scott, Battle, Anderson  
K-MacPherson
P-Robbins
LS-Adomitis

PUP-Collins

Agree with this, and the part about Hudson. The only caveat concerns the injury to Ossai. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 01:42 PM)pally Wrote: Collins will be on PUP to start the season which means he can be brought back when ready.  PUP players do not count against the 53 so no action needs to be taken with him.

CTB was a QB in HS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote