Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6-0 at the Bye Week Break
Excellent start, best start since 1988 Super Bowl Team Bengals....and now a bye week to get rested up, get some injured players healthy and get ready for the next 13 games. ....GO BENGALS

Tiger  Dancing  Who Dey  Dancing  Who Dey  Dancing  Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Who would have thought....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But this means that my gf will have some job for me to do next week that I don't want to do. Maybe I should just not tell her about the bye week.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yes it is

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Beating Pissburgh would more or less guarantee us a division title in my mind. It's going to be the toughest game yet, for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:48 PM)Utts Wrote: Beating Pissburgh would more or less guarantee us a division title in my mind. It's going to be the toughest game yet, for sure.
but my brother said when Bengals were 3-0 that Bengals now play Kansas City, Seattle and Buffalo and those could be losses, as if beating Raiders, Chargers and Ravens was nothing......and Bengals are now 6-0.....and Super Bowl Bound, We have the D Line and O Line and more and more Dalton now in his 5th year is looking like a veteran such as Bart Starr or Len Dawson type. This is no longer the Dalton out of college trying to learn the NFL. He's a veteran and he's got it going now. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
6-0 is fantastic but seeing this offense play is just awesome.

It's the best Bengal team I have ever seen.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Congrats all, 6-0 baby!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:48 PM)Utts Wrote: Beating Pissburgh would more or less guarantee us a division title in my mind. It's going to be the toughest game yet, for sure.

Agreed. If Ben is back that game, I'm predicting a loss for 2 reasons: 1) Our defense has some issues especially stopping the run and 2) the Bengals are not a good team in the first game after the bye under Marvin Lewis.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. If Ben is back that game, I'm predicting a loss for 2 reasons: 1) Our defense has some issues especially stopping the run and 2) the Bengals are not a good team in the first game after the buy under Marvin Lewis.

I think it depends on what they buy. 

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. If Ben is back that game, I'm predicting a loss for 2 reasons: 1) Our defense has some issues especially stopping the run and 2) the Bengals are not a good team in the first game after the buy under Marvin Lewis.

Not to mention our pass D has been atrocious.  Brown and Bryant are going to light us up.

It's all going to be on our offenses shoulders to put up points every drive.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not to mention our pass D has been atrocious.  Brown and Bryant are going to light us up.

Honestly it's probably gonna take about 40 points to win that game. IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 06:46 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Who would have thought....

If you had told me we'd be 4-2 at this point I would have been ok with that.  But, to be 6-0 and one of just four unbeaten teams, that's just fan-damn-tatstic, as the old man used to say. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

I agree. We saw what happened when we were playing lights out in 2005... 

I think we would have net and won the SB that year...We are looking fabulous so far this year, too.

I bet the Stealers just hate the thought of that and will do everything in heir power to stop us, including cheap shots and all the other bull shit they do.

Hope Burfict is back on the D by then...

It'll be interesting to see if there is an improvement in the D once he returns.
Reply/Quote
6-0 feels great, but I really, really want to see them beat Pittsburgh in week 8. My Steelers fan friends are even more obnoxious than usual now that the Bengals are the talk of the league, and I want to see them silenced for a bit.

Plus, 7-0 would feel even better than 6-0.

Playing at Pittsburgh will be the biggest test of the season though....I'm just glad that they have two whole weeks to prepare for it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Our record since 2003 the week after the bye, 4-7.. Pittsburgh, 11-4. It's time to turn this around. I'm wondering how they have four more byes than we have.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/is_after_bye?range=yearly_since_2003
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 6-0 feels great, but I really, really want to see them beat Pittsburgh in week 8.  My Steelers fan friends are even more obnoxious than usual now that the Bengals are the talk of the league, and I want to see them silenced for a bit.

Plus, 7-0 would feel even better than 6-0.

Playing at Pittsburgh will be the biggest test of the season though....I'm just glad that they have two whole weeks to prepare for it.

Just hope this team is truly different, Marvin lewis teams are 5-6 after the bye.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If you had told me we'd be 4-2 at this point I would have been ok with that.  But, to be 6-0 and one of just four unbeaten teams, that's just fan-damn-tatstic, as the old man used to say. 

Well, we have that great D Line and we knew it, and we knew we had pretty good DB's. The LB's have stepped up, thanks to Hawk joining. We knew we had a good O Line and we knew we had all these RB's and WR's and TE.....We knew we had Huber and Nugent which is solid....We knew Dalton had taken us to 4 play-off seasons in 4 years, and now in his 5th year he is playing like an old veteran now of 74 straight starts in regular season and play-offs.  So I'm not all that surprised. ...

.....and no, Steelers are not going to light us up. Nobody has lighted up the Bengals D so far and our D will get even better going into the Super Bowl. ...I see it took little time for Steeler fans to pop up. I don't care, they aren't going to ruin the 6-0 start or the bye week, buy week as they call it.  I'll just enjoy the next 2 weeks until Bengals slap down the Steelers and go 7-0...Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap are for real and add in the rest of the best D Line going in the NFL, these guys are Super Bowl Bound. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: Our record since 2003 the week after the bye, 4-7.. Pittsburgh,  11-4. It's time to turn this around.  I'm wondering how they have four more byes than we have.  
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/is_after_bye?range=yearly_since_2003

I was just looking and NE is 18-3 since 2003. I'd say they're including playoff games where they're counting 1st round byes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 07:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not to mention our pass D has been atrocious.  Brown and Bryant are going to light us up.

This was only the second game all year where the D game up more than 20 points, which is decent.

I'm hoping Burfict will add a missing element of to this D though. Just no idea how he'll really impact things after being gone so long

Reply/Quote