Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs
all hope isnt lost yet.
Reply/Quote
I believe none made the playoffs last year.

We need to finish 10-5.
Reply/Quote
It isn't and fortunately they can't get much worse than they've been... potential is there but jesus who coaches this team?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: all hope isnt lost yet.

Opinion on what losing an offensive line rep aside, I agree

The season probably isnt screwed until we get to like 0-4.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:59 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It isn't and fortunately they can't get much worse than they've been... potential is there but jesus who coaches this team?

what we've seen in the 2nd half this year from cincy tells me that magic from 2021 is still there. the talent is still there
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: all hope isnt lost yet.

I don't think that is correct. I don't think any team since 2018 that started 0-2 made the playoffs.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-0-2-history-cowboys/ombgfs1efl2yv0l5zbzkb9vh

"Since then [2018] 27 teams have gone 0-2 to start the season. None reached the playoffs, and only the 2020 Dolphins (10-6) and 2021 Colts (9-8) had a winning record."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: I don't think that is correct. I don't think any team since 2018 that started 0-2 made the playoffs.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-0-2-history-cowboys/ombgfs1efl2yv0l5zbzkb9vh

"Since then [2018] 27 teams have gone 0-2 to start the season. None reached the playoffs, and only the 2020 Dolphins (10-6) and 2021 Colts (9-8) had a winning record."

I heard nantz and romo say 7 teams over the last 2 seasons started 0-2 and made the postseason
Reply/Quote
Fortunately, the other AFC North teams all lost today. 0-2 doesn't feel good, but I'll patiently wait to see how the next few weeks play out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This isn’t true. No team in 2020 or 2021 started 0-2 and made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This isn’t true. No team in 2020 or 2021 started 0-2 and made the playoffs.

well if thats true, I hope mods can delete this.

But im pretty sure I heard the chances are really low, but over the last 2 seasons, some teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-2
Reply/Quote
The two losses were to teams that the Bengals are better than.
They looked unprepared and very lethargic. I still think that not playing starters together until the first regular season game has really cost the team so far. They should be better--and I think they will be--going forward. But they let two shoulda won games get away.
Reply/Quote
They aren’t making the playoffs. They had to bank some wins early with how tough the schedule gets later in the season.

They’ve now lost to 2 backup QB’s in a row. Guys like Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Brady, and Lamar are going to absolutely destroy them.

- Our OL looks atrocious. Particularly the left side.

- Burrow doesn’t look right. The weight loss combined with his core probably bothering him is clearly a problem.

- Mixon is running at 3 yards a clip. Not going to cut it.

- Hendrickson has 0 sacks in 2 games against a rookie LT and a backup LT.

- Eli Apple has gone back to being Eli Apple.

- We have no TE’s after Hurst.

- The play calling is bland, predictable, and uninspired

There’s plenty other issues right now, these are just a start.

Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ, they just lost to Cooper rush and trubisky... it'd lost
Reply/Quote
Bengals have a squad fo flip the script. It all comes down to coaching.

Edit: Offensive Coaching
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what we've seen in the 2nd half this year from cincy tells me that magic from 2021 is still there. the talent is still there

That's the problem. That magic is gone...
Reply/Quote
They've played one team who's offense stinks and aren't a very good team overall.

They've played another team missing their starting QB, LT and a starting WR. 

And they couldn't do anything against either until the last 3rd of each game. 

I'm not worried so much about being 0-2. It's more the fact that they lost to 2 teams they should be better than and should've been able to beat. It's not like the losses were to the Bills and Chiefs. You could live with that, but being 0-2 to the Steelers and Cowboys is well...concerning, especially considering how the offense and coaching has looked in these games.
Reply/Quote
We get outcoached in virtually every game too.
Reply/Quote
All hope is lost. Bengals on record pace for sacks in a year because our o-line is so incompetent and Zac Taylor has zero hope as a play caller. What in God’s name are we doing going short of the sticks on our final drive two plays in a row. It drives me insane how weak those calls are just begging and praying to get to overtime, well look where it got them. We lose to the Jets next week and we should move on to ‘23.
Reply/Quote
Burrow needs more time, he's going to look like trash like he has otherwise. He's making poor decisions and looking down at the ground instead of up the field. He should start escaping the pocket at least to a side that can give him time. He looked like end of era Andy Dalton (scared of sacks and trying to run instead of find a WR for another split second). I hope that fixes itself within the next month or two as he regains his strength and the line gels a little more.

Dallas fans warned us about Collins and his penalties, this dude doesn't look like a starter, I bet PFF will say so also. I would play that "I'm your bodyguard" intro video in his locker before every game for him to remember his job lol.

I like the idea of hypnotizing zac and burrow at the beginning of the game into thinking they're down 17-0.
Reply/Quote
Certainly not looking good. It'd be one thing to go down to the wire against the Bills or the Chiefs. But to the Steelers and a Cooper Rush led Cowboys?

Not all hope is lost, but this team has been looking like a preseason week 1 and 2 team. If Burrow and the O-line don't sort things out quick we'll be thinking draft before the end of October like this.
Reply/Quote