Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs
(09-19-2022, 05:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 2 games we were favored to win by a td each.

And lost them both by a combined score of 6 points. There is little doubt if we didn't lose our long snapper, we would beaten Pittsburgh. People are acting like we lost by 30.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And lost them both by a combined score of 6 points. There is little doubt if we didn't lose our long snapper, we would beaten Pittsburgh. People are acting like we lost by 30.

I like how some downplay losses if they are close losses. Really most games in the NFL are close games. There were 9 games within 1 score this weekend.

Even with the longsnapper hurt, if Drew Sample and Adeneji would have blocked Fitzpatrick...we win that game. He may have blocked that kick with Harris snapping. That's just the thing...bad teams find a way to lose games. Then, their fans are like Wow IF this one thing happened, it's a win instead of a loss.

Well, yeah...that's the nature of the NFL. IF Burrow didn't throw a pick 6. IF we scored more. IF the offense scored a 1st half TD vs Dallas. Add another TD here. Subtract one there, and a Win!

The missed block on the extra point was just another in a string of mistakes by a poorly coached team that wasn't ready for the start of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 09:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like how some downplay losses if they are close losses. Really most games in the NFL are close games. There were 9 games within 1 score this weekend.

Even with the longsnapper hurt, if Drew Sample and Adeneji would have blocked Fitzpatrick...we win that game. He may have blocked that kick with Harris snapping. That's just the thing...bad teams find a way to lose games. Then, their fans are like Wow IF this one thing happened, it's a win instead of a loss.

Well, yeah...that's the nature of the NFL. IF Burrow didn't throw a pick 6. IF we scored more. IF the offense scored a 1st half TD vs Dallas. Add another TD here. Subtract one there, and a Win!

The missed block on the extra point was just another in a string of mistakes by a poorly coached team that wasn't ready for the start of the season.

As opposed to fans who look at a razor thin loss and think the whole team is broken and the season is over.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As opposed to fans who look at a razor thin loss and think the whole team is broken and the season is over.

If you like razor thin losses...I have the perfect head coach for you!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As opposed to fans who look at a razor thin loss and think the whole team is broken and the season is over.

Fans aren't looking at razor thin losses coming to the conclusion the whole team is broken, they are looking at razor thin losses to teams we should beat by multiple scores to determine this. 

A star QB regressing in his 3rd year, and an Oline that just can't get right.

We should be well past moral victories with this "dynasty" we supposedly had the makings of after last years run.. Yet here we are. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Fans aren't looking at razor thin losses coming to the conclusion the whole team is broken, they are looking at razor thin losses to teams we should beat by multiple scores to determine this. 

A star QB regressing in his 3rd year, and an Oline that just can't get right.

We should be well past moral victories with this "dynasty" we supposedly had the makings of after last years run.. Yet here we are. 

Yes. We're the only team that hasn't had a single lead in 2 games thus far this season.

So while the games are close at the end...we haven't had 1 single lead. Yet that's comforting to some.
Reply/Quote
The bad news is we're all going to die. The good news is not right now.. If you're in the process this moment of dying in the next few minutes and posting here..Well, I guess it's too late to get your priorities in order. Better luck next life if there is one. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 12:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: The bad news is we're all going to die. The good news is not right now.. If you're in the process this moment of dying in the next few minutes and posting here..Well, I guess it's too late to get your priorities in order. Better luck next life if there is one. 

Can you imagine, you're on your deathbed and you just HAVE to make one more "fire zac" thread or you HAVE to have the last word in an argument with fred?

I think anyone who feels this way should just make a thread saying that this is your father and that you died tragically.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 12:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you imagine, you're on your deathbed and you just HAVE to make one more "fire zac" thread or you HAVE to have the last word in an argument with fred?

I think anyone who feels this way should just make a thread saying that this is your father and that you died tragically.  Mellow

You just gave me a reason to keep living till I decide I want Zac fired immediately..  "Hold on doc..I have to make one last fire Zac post! Then you can pronounce me dead. Screw my legacy and priorities!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 09:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like how some downplay losses if they are close losses. 

Here is how it works

Close loss does not mean we were not the better team.

Close win absolutely means we are the better team.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 02:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is how it works

Close loss does not mean we were not the better team.

Close win absolutely means we are the better team.

Yep.

Negative ESPN article about the Bengals = ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about.

ESPN article saying Bengals have best playoff hopes of 0-2 teams = Reason to celebrate hope!
Reply/Quote