Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
70 million dollars wasted
(09-21-2022, 05:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I believe CB is currently 2nd in line in WAR, behind QB. WR was higher too. If i recall correctly, T was around the middle of the pack. 

Maybe I'm old but I'll say it one more time then leave it alone. I still think a Star Franchise QB lowers the need for an "elite" receiver.

So I personally would rank building a team with a QB/LT/DE/C (I think a Dline can make the CB's, CB's on the other hand can't cover forever so no pressure, star CB is useless).

We should be loading up on late round receiver from here on out and be just fine (theoretically with a star QB). They should turn into stars with a QB who is as good as we think Burrow could be (or was sold as him being).

Protect the star QB and you'll get your elite Wideout. An elite Wideout isn't going to make the QB (or guarantee advancement in the postseason). We saw this with AJ/Dalton so I'm personally shocked by the sudden about-face around here.

I'm leaving this convo alone tho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually Money Mac did more than anyone to get us to playoffs.no one was more consistent last yr. 2nd was Chase then Burrow and Hendrickson

You need to stop. 

First of all, a kicker does nothing without the offense getting them into position. 
Second, the kicker can only put 3 pts on the board at a time. QB and WR put up 6.
Third, consistency is good and McClutch was money.
Fourth, that doesn't mean he belongs anywhere other than below all the others you named, as well as several others.
And E, the kicker only has around 10 snaps per game. QB and WR have upwards of 70. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You need to stop. 

First of all, a kicker does nothing without the offense getting them into position. 
Second, the kicker can only put 3 pts on the board at a time. QB and WR put up 6.
Third, consistency is good and McClutch was money.
Fourth, that doesn't mean he belongs anywhere other than below all the others you named, as well as several others.
And E, the kicker only has around 10 snaps per game. QB and WR have upwards of 70. 

Yeah, that claim is wild. Even for him. It’s now moved from Burrow got carried by his defense and kicker in the playoffs to the regular season as well? WTF

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe I'm old but I'll say it one more time then leave it alone. I still think a Star Franchise QB lowers the need for an "elite" receiver.

So I personally would rank building a team with a QB/LT/DE/C (I think a Dline can make the CB's, CB's on the other hand can't cover forever so no pressure, star CB is useless).

We should be loading up on late round receiver from here on out and be just fine (theoretically with a star QB). They should turn into stars with a QB who is as good as we think Burrow could be (or was sold as him being).

Protect the star QB and you'll get your elite Wideout. An elite Wideout isn't going to make the QB (or guarantee advancement in the postseason). We saw this with AJ/Dalton so I'm personally shocked by the sudden about-face around here.

I'm leaving this convo alone tho.

I like Andy Dalton as much as anybody but I'ma say that he had more to do with the lack of advancement than AJ Green did. Also the Bengals had a great LT back then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually Money Mac did more than anyone to get us to playoffs.no one was more consistent last yr. 2nd was Chase then Burrow and Hendrickson

I guess that is your opinion, but Evan is on the field only 6-7 times a game including kickoffs, so this doesnt really make too much sense. He was super clutch during the playoffs though. 

Chase cant do anything without Joe.

Reply/Quote
I’m equally concerned about Burrow.Hope they haven’t ruined him.I’m talking about the mental aspect of his game.Physically,I believe he’s OK,and he’s capable.But,I’ve never seen him like this.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 10:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I guess that is your opinion, but Evan is on the field only 6-7 times a game including kickoffs, so this doesnt really make too much sense. He was super clutch during the playoffs though. 

Chase cant do anything without Joe.

It would be like Ravens fans saying Tucker was more important than Lamar.

Reply/Quote