Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
70 million dollars wasted
We don’t need to play to our strengths, we need to play to the other team’s weakness. Steelers 32nd run defense last year and we averaged 3YPC even with the 40 yard rush mixon had.

Seeing burrow go 5 wide to start the game was an omen, it’s joe telling Zac what he wants because he’s good at that.

From last year our team is ranked in this order to me, defense (1), special teams (2), offense (3) and yet everyone outside the organization is in love with the offense.

Right side/left side whatever, the line gave up 7 sacks and Burrow caused 5 turnovers, trash play today. Even if they won.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Why is Zac so against QB sneaks? I thought it was an indictment against Hopkins. With Karras it was same BS playcalling different day.

Yes he played. Saw at least one decent tackle on the sideline. Not sure how much but think he saw plenty of action.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon was finding holes so the run game improved except in the RZ.. He wasn't getting stonewalled every snap from scrimmage.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:18 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: on a rag tag group of linemen that their old teams didn't want. No preseason action either. Zac Taylor, the genius he is thought you could just trot them all out there and have them compete at a high level because of 60 scripted plays against the Rams in practice.

Pittsburgh dominated them today and I quiver at the thought of Myles Garret and Justin Houston going against them.

*sigh*

“Rag tag?” Seriously? 2 of the 3 additions are Super Bowl winning players.

Tom Brady literally tried to personally get Cappa back in Tampa Bay. And Karras got an offer from New England, but we offered more.

Collins was the only one who’s team actively chose to move on from.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 3 guys they signed are all solid Pros. This line shouldn't have been this bad.

The issue is coaching...not personnel.

You’re only as good as your weakest link, and Volson was terrible. I’m going to see him getting bull rushed into Joe’s lap in my nightmares tonight.

Reply/Quote
Signing them was not a mistake. Not playing a line with 4 new staters in a single preseason game was inconceivably stupid. I think they will settle down. The big run Mixon had might have been the biggest hole he's ever seen in his career.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re only as good as your weakest link, and Volson was terrible. I’m going to see him getting bull rushed into Joe’s lap in my nightmares tonight.

doesnt help when the lt looks lost to and the rt is getting pushed around and put on his rear end
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:18 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: on a rag tag group of linemen that their old teams didn't want. No preseason action either. Zac Taylor, the genius he is thought you could just trot them all out there and have them compete at a high level because of 60 scripted plays against the Rams in practice.

Pittsburgh dominated them today and I quiver at the thought of Myles Garret and Justin Houston going against them.

[Image: lol-lollerskates.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There is no way that Pollick should not be on the hot seat. He hasn't done much since he had 5 probowlers in Dallas. And Zac, who lines a 240 lb running back out at wr. At least put Evans out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The right side (the free agents) played pretty well.  We have some dumb fans.

collins was put in his but not 1 not 2 but 3 times. so i agree with your last part
Reply/Quote
Definitely not the start I was hoping for or expected. But I do think this OL will prove to be much better than last years. For volson, yes he got dominated at times by a good DT in Heyward - but he battled and I saw some nice plays by him. Guess we’ll see where LG goes with a
Scharping
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The new 3 gave up zero sacks and provided some good holes for Mixon.  Mid fans react emotionally.

collins allowed 2 free rushers and barely got a finger on them lol. just cause they didnt end in sacks doesnt wipe it away. and the cway he was getting pushed around is very troubling going into dallas. maybe try watching all things in the game
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:56 PM)Leon Wrote: collins allowed 2 free rushers and barely got a finger on them lol. just cause they didnt end in sacks doesnt wipe it away. and the cway he was getting pushed around is very troubling going into dallas. maybe try watching all things in the game

OMG!!!! TJ WATT, DPOY, BEAT LC TWICE???

Collins should be cut ASAP!

You and the OP are emotional and don’t know ball.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: OMG!!!!  TJ WATT, DPOY, BEAT LC TWICE???  

Collins should be cut ASAP!

You and the OP are emotional and don’t know ball.

the 2nd free rush wasnt watt. like i said maybe watch the whole game instead of seeing what you want

you really shouldnt talk about emotional posters and then use all caps lol
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The new 3 gave up zero sacks and provided some good holes for Mixon. Mid fans react emotionally.

Yep.

From PFF:

Offensive line spotlight: New Bengals offensive lineman Alex Cappa had a decent first game as the team’s starting left guard. His initial 62.7 PFF grade was second-best on the team and third-best in the game overall. He did not yield a sack, and his 67.7 initial pass-blocking grade was higher than each of his averages the past two seasons.

*LG must be a typo

Again, the problem was Jonah and Volson.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:01 PM)Leon Wrote: the 2nd free ush wasnt watt. like i said maybe watch the whole game

you really shouldnt talk about emotional posters and then use all caps lol

Lol, the caps were mocking you…. so you don’t know ball or internet typography.

Reply/Quote
Collins got beat once and once was the ridiculous play where they had Volson of all people coming across pulling.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep.

From PFF:

Offensive line spotlight: New Bengals offensive lineman Alex Cappa had a decent first game as the team’s starting left guard. His initial 62.7 PFF grade was second-best on the team and third-best in the game overall. He did not yield a sack, and his 67.7 initial pass-blocking grade was higher than each of his averages the past two seasons.

*LG must be a typo

Again, the problem was Jonah and Volson.

wheres collins grade 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Collins got beat once and once was the ridiculous play where they had Volson of all people coming across pulling.

he got beat bad twice. they both on video on twitter and put on his but 3 different times
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:06 PM)Leon Wrote: he got beat bad twice. they both on video on twitter and put on his but 3 different times

94 offensive plays…. against one of the best front 7 in the NFL, including the DPOY.

You don’t know ball.

Reply/Quote