Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
70 million dollars wasted
(09-11-2022, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep.

From PFF:

Offensive line spotlight: New Bengals offensive lineman Alex Cappa had a decent first game as the team’s starting left guard. His initial 62.7 PFF grade was second-best on the team and third-best in the game overall. He did not yield a sack, and his 67.7 initial pass-blocking grade was higher than each of his averages the past two seasons.

*LG must be a typo

Again, the problem was Jonah and Volson.

I was gonna say, I see Volson taking a lot of shit on here and yet Jonah hasn't been mentioned. Jonah was beaten by repeatedly on inside moves. Heywood beats a lot of LGs that are better than Volson. People need to relax, it's only the first game..
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: lol-lollerskates.gif]
Are you still laughing after today's Masterclass?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Another infuriating fail. We do badly wanted to overhaul the OL, which we did, and it made no difference.

I think they’ll improve but it was awful today. And worse when Burrow holds the ball too long.

I agree he holds the ball too long sometimes.

We lost both of these games because of an artrocious o line
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seriously, just sign 5 guys from this forum to play on the o-line. They'll perform just as well as the real thing, save so much cap... It'd be hilarious to watch too. I say we poll it and see which 5 of us we'd all most like to see get embarrassed on an NFL field every Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:19 PM)Tony Wrote: They were 100% worst than the guys last year. Unbelievable

I agree I think they need to fire Pollack he is a terrible Offensive Line coach, and while there at dump Zac
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:57 PM)bengals67 Wrote:
I agree he holds the ball too long sometimes.

We lost both of these games because of an artrocious o line

That too. I've been saying it since his rookie year. No one seems to agree for whatever reason. Another reason why Herbert, at two years younger is more advanced at the position. He gets rid of the football.
Reply/Quote
It's probably time to move on from Pollack.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's probably time to move on from Pollack.

Yeah, that's one of the moves that needs to happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:55 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Are you still laughing after today's Masterclass?

"Pittsburgh dominated them today"

This is what i was laughing at because it was ridiculous. So yes, i'm still laughing at that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
70 million wasted, but 300 million saved with Burrow struggling and likely not getting a contract after this season afterall.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: 70 million wasted, but 300 million saved with Burrow struggling and likely not getting a contract after this season afterall.

LOL

You don’t actually believe this.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

You don’t actually believe this.

I do. Burrow is shell-shocked. QB's don't tend to recover from that. Getting outplayed by back up QB's and looking like a bottom half of the league QB. What is the rush to extend him if his play continues to look like it has the last 2 weeks?

Look I love Burrow, but he may just be ruined, and that sucks but that's long been where this has been headed with either injuries or happy feet from the beating he's taken for 3 years.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:00 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: That too. I've been saying it since his rookie year. No one seems to agree for whatever reason. Another reason why Herbert, at two years younger is more advanced at the position. He gets rid of the football.

[Image: Roflcopter.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I do. Burrow is shell-shocked. QB's don't tend to recover from that. Getting outplayed by back up QB's and looking like a bottom half of the league QB. What is the rush to extend him if his play continues to look like it has the last 2 weeks?

Look I love Burrow, but he may just be ruined, and that sucks but that's long been where this has been headed with either injuries or happy feet from the beating he's taken for 3 years.

LOL LOL LOL

Burrow’s getting extended this offseason. 100%.

He started somewhat slow last year, too. Maybe not this bad, but he’s not “ruined.”

This take is going to age like your Chase thread.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

He started somewhat slow last year, too. Maybe not this bad, but he’s not “ruined.”

The way this Oline and Burrow is playing that Chase thread is starting to age quite well....

And with the meme coming true to end the SB I didn't even think that was in question anymore.

Reply/Quote
While there are many issues right now I think the elephant in the room is the play of the offensive line. Pollack should be on the hot seat. He was given three capable NFL players and the result is the same as last year. I get it Volson is a rookie you are going to get what you get. Remember he’s the guy that wanted Billy Price. Hoping things get fixed in a hurry.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 11:08 PM)BSJR Wrote:  Remember he’s the guy that wanted Billy Price.

and Bobby Hart.

Reply/Quote

We will see what happens, but if we are putting Burrow's performance and even career in jeopardy with this David Carr crap I can see him thinking about testing the waters.

The David Tepper factor may be huge.  That guy will do anything to get a franchise QB and someone is going to get the biggest, most guaranteed, insane QB contract ever from him in the near future.  Could be Burrow, or maybe we keep him here.  I'm just saying that there are some insane buyers out there and paying a king's ransom for a vet QB who is a sure thing is the current fashion. 
Reply/Quote

Only way he doesn't get extended is if he gets hurt...or he won't sign it.

Man...what's this team going to be like when Burrow makes $50 million? If they can't win now...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: The way this Oline and Burrow is playing that Chase thread is starting to age quite well....

And with the meme coming true to end the SB I didn't even think that was in question anymore.

Nah, that thread is still as laughable as was the second you made it.

“Will we regret drafting Chase?”

The answer is still unequivocally, 100% NO! One OT would not fix what’s going on right now.

But we damn sure would still be talking about a 31 year playoff winless drought without him.

Reply/Quote