Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
70 million dollars wasted
(09-11-2022, 07:18 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: on a rag tag group of linemen that their old teams didn't want. No preseason action either. Zac Taylor, the genius he is thought you could just trot them all out there and have them compete at a high level because of 60 scripted plays against the Rams in practice.

Pittsburgh dominated them today and I quiver at the thought of Myles Garret and Justin Houston going against them.

I understand that every team has uninformed fans like this, and after a crazy game uninformed fans can get emotional and say dumb stuff.

But for the record, the goal is to improve each year and this "rag tag group of linemen" far exceeded the players they replaced.

For the stupid here are the PFF comparison of last year:

LC 80.2 > Prince 42.7
Cappa 71.3 > Adeniji 43.0
Karras 73.4 > Hopkins 51.9

So one has to be stupid to think we did not upgrade.  Also these 3 did not give up a sack today against one of the very best front 7 in the league for 94 snaps.

Some are emotional and dont know ball.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 94 offensive plays…. against one of the best front 7 in the NFL, including the DPOY.

You don’t know ball.

starting to think you didnt watch whole game
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I understand that every team has uninformed fans like this, and after a crazy game uninformed fans can get emotional and say dumb stuff.

But for the record, the goal is to improve each year and this "rag tag group of linemen" far exceeded the players they replaced.

For the stupid here are the PFF comparison of last year:

LC 80.2 > Prince 42.7
Cappa 71.3 > Adeniji 43.0
Karras 73.4 > Hopkins 51.9

So one has to be stupid to think we did not upgrade.  Also these 3 did not give up a sack today against one of the very best front 7 in the league for 94 snaps.

Some are emotional and dont know ball.

think you probably gonna be banned for keeping calling fans stupid. clear violation
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:35 PM)Leon Wrote: starting to think you didnt watch whole game

You keep repeating LC was beat a handful times out of 94, you obviously do not know ball.  Argue with someone else, I will only hurt your feelings as I have little patience for ignorance.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:25 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: We got manhandled pretty good on the line. Hopefully they can gel. 7 sacks. Damn it man.
Joe was jittery and hesitant. Never seemed comfortable.

He sure was and you work those jitters out in the preseason unless your coach's ego does not allow players to be properly prepared for the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:46 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He sure was and you work those jitters out in the preseason unless your coach's ego does not allow players to be properly prepared for the season.

I’d say it was a case of being overly cautious more than “ego.”

It was clearly a mistake whatever the reason was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
So now we all know what happens when guys don’t get in game reps

The preseason is a tool that we should’ve used better

Joe probably should’ve gotten some work in that last game if he was healthy

It comes off as arrogant honestly by Zac
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say it was a case of being overly cautious more than “ego.”

It was clearly a mistake whatever the reason was.

Whatever the case is you have 4 new o-linemen that never played for your team and 5 that never played a season together then you should get them work in real games. It was a bad call, and we will pay for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:40 PM)Leon Wrote: no worries. i doubt youll be around much longer

Lol, I've been here almost since the beginning, took a break, changed emails and had to set up new account last year.

I never called any individual stupid.  But I do admit to having an opinion that the OP made a stupid statement and that your takes appear dumb but most likely you are just uninformed because you dont know ball.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:53 PM)Housh Wrote: So now we all know what happens when guys don’t get in game reps

The preseason is a tool that we should’ve used better

Joe probably should’ve gotten some work in that last game if he was healthy

It comes off as arrogant honestly by Zac

I think this is part of it, but there are more issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think this is part of it, but there are more issues.

Oh yes there are! Volson had a very rough game true. Also Jonah had a forgettable day pass blocking. Add in Burrow's rust (he essentially caused 2 or 3 sacks himself and of the picks 3 were just bad reads when he had other players open) and bad luck with Harris and here we are. Note Super Genius Zac didn't activate Scharping so there was no option to sit Volson except for Carman - and I think the coaches are not happy with him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: Oh yes there are! Volson had a very rough game true. Also Jonah had a forgettable day pass blocking. Add in Burrow's rust (he essentially caused 2 or 3 sacks himself and of the picks 3 were just bad reads when he had other players open) and bad luck with Harris and here we are. Note Super Genius Zac didn't activate Scharping so there was no option to sit Volson except for Carman - and I think the coaches are not happy with him. 

Jonah is my biggest concern, we dont have a replacement for LT, until we see Max we are thin at LG too.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:12 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I wouldn’t give up on this line yet. We picked up proven veterans. They didn’t just suddenly forget how to play. As many on here have mentioned, it takes time for an o line to gel and they got none of that in the preseason. The only change I could see is Scharping starting at LG with Volsons struggles.

My biggest gripe with this offense is I can’t understand why we keep going five wide just to see Burrow get tee’d off on. What’s the point of running Perine and Sample on routes. Until the line gels, why not go max protect to help settle Burrow down.

Nobody is giving up on the players they were not prepared they was set up to fail by bad decesions.
Reply/Quote
I honestly wonder how.much if Jonah's issues today were due to the issues at LG. He is normally better at pass protection then he showed today. He isntngreat at it but holds his own. I really think Volson getting dominated the way he did had an impact on Jonah's play as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:29 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Nobody is giving up on the players they were not prepared they was set up to fail by bad decesions.

It is time for Pollack to show his worth, we in invested in FA and the performance today was bad both protection and running the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is time for Pollack to show his worth, we in invested in FA and the performance today was bad both protection and running the ball.

You had 4 new guys joining the team on the O-line they needed to play together in preseason and get reps. Hard to put it on Pollock when it was not his call.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:04 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: You had 4 new guys joining the team on the O-line they needed to play together in preseason and get reps. Hard to put it on Pollock when it was not his call.

I don’t blame him for a 4th round rookie from a D2 school having a rough game against a very good Steelers DL either.

Jonah looking as bad as he did could be held against Pollack, though. The 1st OL off the board in his draft class shouldn’t be having games like that in his 4th season.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:04 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: You had 4 new guys joining the team on the O-line they needed to play together in preseason and get reps. Hard to put it on Pollock when it was not his call.

Disagree , that is even more reason to question the coaching  knowing they have  to get them ready in daily practice , these guys are not rookies and I'm sure they did not play much in preseason last year either since rhat is trend now for most teams, 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t blame him for a 4th round rookie from a D2 school having a rough game against a very good Steelers DL either.

Jonah looking as bad as he did could be held against Pollack, though. The 1st OL off the board in his draft class shouldn’t be having games like that in his 4th season.

This line will look a lot better once they get reps together but how many game do we lose in the process. With the easy opponents in the first half of this season and a division rival the first game you do not take off snaps in preseason it was all on Zac. The second half of the season could be brutal if you got to climb out of a win loss hole. 
Reply/Quote
One thing I’ll say, is Mixon wasn’t getting hit consistently
I’m the backfield. Those stupid pitches are the dumbest runs to me, but especially that right side, there were some holes. Not great, but I didn’t see him hit in the backfield like we are accustomed to very often.
Reply/Quote