Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
71% of Americans do not want to give Amnesty to DACA illegal aliens
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/09/poll-less-than-30-percent-of-americans-want-to-give-amnesty-to-daca-illegal-aliens/

All we ever hear is how people want to legalize these people. Now we see Polls showing otherwise.

Deport them.

Quote:Poll: Fewer Than 30 Percent of Americans Want Amnesty for DACA Illegals

John Binder9 Nov 2017
Amnesty
AFP PHOTO / Jewel SAMAD

New York City, NY444

In a new poll by Morning Consult and Politico, just 29 percent of Americans said allowing illegal aliens on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program to permanently remain in the United States and receive a pathway to citizenship was a priority.

Support for amnesty for DACA illegal aliens has dropped 10 points among Americans since Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced in September on behalf of President Trump’s administration that the Obama-era program would ultimately be ended in March 2018.

Even among Americans who are Democrats, support for an amnesty for DACA illegal aliens has fallen to less than 50 percent. Only 44 percent of Democratic voters said giving amnesty to DACAs needed to be a priority for Congress.

Months ago, though, 53 percent of Democrats said DACA amnesty was a priority.

Among Republican voters, a DACA amnesty has dropped 28 percent in September to a mere 19 percent today. With Independents, the support for prioritizing DACA amnesty for illegal aliens dropped the largest. In September, 35 percent of Independent voters said DACA amnesty should be a priority. Today, only 23 percent of Independents want a prioritized amnesty.

Meanwhile, Americans who openly oppose an amnesty for DACA illegal aliens is at 15 percent.

Despite little support for amnesty for illegal aliens, Democrats, the Republican establishment, the cheap labor industry, big business and the open borders lobby have teamed up to relentlessly push for legalizing up to 3.3 million illegal aliens who are on the DACA rolls or eligible for DACA.

While pushing multiple amnesty plans in the House and Senate, lawmakers — especially those in the GOP — have ignored Trump’s popular immigration principles, which include:

Construction of a border wall
Deporting unaccompanied alien children who are not at-risk in their native country
Preventing criminal illegal aliens and gang members from receiving immigration benefits
Mandating E-Verify, which weeds out illegal aliens from taking U.S. jobs
Eliminating the diversity visa lottery
Classifying overstaying a visa as a “misdemeanor”
Restricting certain federal grants to sanctuary cities that refuse to detain criminal illegal aliens
Ending family-based chain migration
Enacting a merit-based legal immigration where only qualified immigrants can enter the U.S.
Unlike an amnesty for illegal aliens, many of Trump’s pro-American reforms are actually popular with the American people.

A Pulse Opinion Research poll in August, though, showed that Americans believe the second-most important aspect to stemming the flow of illegal immigration was constructing a border wall on the southern border.

That same poll found that 68 percent of Americans support mandatory E-Verify, 53 percent say stopping employers from hiring illegal aliens was the most important component to ending illegal immigration, and 54 percent said they wanted to see overall legal immigration levels reduced.

Since DACA’s inception, more than 2,100 DACA recipients saw their protected status revoked for being involved in gang activity or suspected/convicted of a felony. Due to a loophole in the DACA program, more than 39,000 illegal aliens have been able to obtain Green Cards and more than 1,000 naturalized.

John Binder is a reporter for Breitbart News. Follow him on Twitter at @JxhnBinder.
"Not a priority" =/= "do not want".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-09-2017, 07:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Not a priority" =/= "do not want".

Yeah, this is a classic example of clickbait and bad journalism meant to prey on those that don't read with a critical eye.
#fakenewsbylucie
(11-09-2017, 07:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Not a priority" =/= "do not want".

If it’s not a priority they get treated as any other illegal. They will be subjected to ICE and the government has all their information. They will be fish in a barrel without it being a priority.

So yes not a priority means they do not want.
(11-09-2017, 07:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, this is a classic example of clickbait and bad journalism meant to prey on those that don't read with a critical eye.

Explain the drop in DACA Support by democrats.

Or are you just here to grandstand over a thread title?
(11-09-2017, 07:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Explain the drop in DACA Support by democrats.

Or are you just here to grandstand over a thread title?

Explain how the poll shows a drop in support. The thread title is based on the article title, which is also a lie.
(11-09-2017, 07:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If it’s not a priority they get treated as any other illegal. They will be subjected to ICE and the government has all their information. They will be fish in a barrel without it being a priority.

So yes not a priority means they do not want.

Spinning hard to try to make it seem like you weren't fooled by the click bait.
(11-09-2017, 08:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Spinning hard to try to make it seem like you weren't fooled by the click bait.

Please focus on the topic and not the poster.

Just trying to help out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-09-2017, 08:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Explain how the poll shows a drop in support. The thread title is based on the article title, which is also a lie.

(11-09-2017, 08:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Spinning hard to try to make it seem like you weren't fooled by the click bait.

Ah so you are just here to grandstand.

You can easily read the article and see the drop. Fact is Americans overall are moving to either caring less about if illegals are prioritized. They want ice doing their job more and more.
(11-09-2017, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please focus on the topic and not the poster.

Just trying to help out. 

These guys can’t do that.... it’s pathetic.
Negative implications of another's ability does not lead to fruitful conversation. Multiple posts in this thread fit the description of my first sentence.
(11-09-2017, 09:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: These guys can’t do that....   it’s pathetic.

Actually it's what they can do that's pathetic.

As to the premise of the OP:

I must say the dreamers are a subject that has me torn. I absolutely agree that anyone that came to this country illegally and their minor dependents should be sent back from whence they came and put in the rear of the line of folks trying to get here the right way. 

Yet if you are native born and are of legal age you should be granted citizenship. You just may have to get a passport if you want to go visit your family.

(11-09-2017, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually it's what they can do that's pathetic.

I must say the dreamers are a subject that has me torn. I absolutely agree that anyone that came to this country illegally and their minor dependents should be sent back from whence they came and put in the rear of the line of folks trying to get here the right way. 

Yet if you are native born and are of legal age you should be granted citizenship. You just may have to get a passport if you want to go visit your family.

My point of view on the matter is that something concrete actually needs to be done for both liberals and conservatives. I personally think that a blanket citizenship grant for all families already here along with a major crackdown in border security would be an ideal compromise.
(11-09-2017, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually it's what they can do that's pathetic.

I have sympathy for these people who are under 18. But some of these people are up to 36 and have been adults for 18 years. Which is long enoug to file paperwork for citizenship. The fact they haven’t done it should mean immediate deportation. Then maybe they will Be incentivized to actually file some paperwork to be legal.

If they don’t file within 6 months of being 18 then they should get deported.
(11-09-2017, 09:26 PM)treee Wrote: My point of view on the matter is that something concrete actually needs to be done for both liberals and conservatives. I personally think that a blanket citizenship grant for all families already here along with a major crackdown in border security would be an ideal compromise.

My issue with your stance is that we reward illegal activity. Hows about for every illegal we send back we fast track a citizen/family from that country trying to get here the right way?

(11-09-2017, 09:26 PM)treee Wrote: My point of view on the matter is that something concrete actually needs to be done for both liberals and conservatives. I personally think that a blanket citizenship grant for all families already here along with a major crackdown in border security would be an ideal compromise.

You can’t just legalize 16 million people. Even if you passed the most stringent border policy. We would never recover.

Deport criminals, adult DACA (ages 20-36), and anyone over 40 years old. Work permits for the rest. Then allow them the chance to go through a point system for citizenship. And must speak English.

Australian style point system. Pass the raise act. And put limits on future immigration by nation.
(11-09-2017, 09:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have sympathy for these people who are under 18.  But some of these people are up to 36 and have been adults for 18 years.  Which is long enoug to file paperwork for citizenship.    The fact they haven’t done it should mean immediate deportation.   Then maybe they will Be incentivized to actually file some paperwork to be legal.    

If they don’t file within 6 months of being 18 then they should get deported.

If they were brought here as children and are now of age; they must return to the country of their birth and apply for citizenship, if they have not done so. My umbrella would only extend to adults born in our country. 

(11-09-2017, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My issue with your stance is that we reward illegal activity. Hows about for every illegal we send back we fast track a citizen/family from that country trying to get here the right way?

This would be interesting. But the bickering about where they came from would be an issue.
(11-09-2017, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My issue with your stance is that we reward illegal activity. Hows about for every illegal we send back we fast track a citizen/family from that country trying to get here the right way?

I do see what you're saying, but undocumented economic migration is not a grave offense to me personally.

I can understand why it needs to be stopped long term, but I also do not think granting a one time exception would be a bad move as long as we take steps to prevent it from happening again.